Castle Crashers DLC Beats Up Breast Cancer

Castle Crashers DLC Beats Up Breast Cancer

A new DLC character for Castle Crashers will kick ass while also helping out a good cause.

Downloadable content might get a bad rap at times, but nobody can hate on Behemoth's new DLC pack for Castle Crashers. The Pink Knight Pack includes a brand new character, with all of the DLC's revenue going toward breast cancer research.

Players had been demanding a pink knight in Castle Crashers for ages, and one was rumored to exist somewhere inside of the game, but only with the Pink Knight Pack can players acquire it for real. The pink knight is pink (obviously), covered in smooches, and has a heart on its chest. It wields a lollipop and destroys enemies with the power of love and rainbows.

The Pink Knight Pack also comes with 4 more new weapons in addition to the lollipop. Players can buy the pack for $1.99 on the PlayStation Network on February 8, 2011. As was previously said, all of Behemoth's revenue from the Pink Knight Pack will go toward breast cancer research, fitting with the cause's pink theme.

Though Castle Crashers is a relatively new addition to the PSN, it'll still be getting the pack before the Xbox Live Arcade version. Behemoth says it is working on a title update that will also allow XBLA players to use the pink knight, but didn't give a release date. More information will be available in the coming weeks.

Source: PS Blog

$2? I mean I don't play the game anymore but a good cause is a good cause.

Good job Behemoth. Now get the XBox version out so the rest of us can donate.

That is awesome. I will be supporting this DLC. Seriously awesome add-on and a great cause! Good job Behemoth.

Brest DLC ever!

FINALLY!! A real reason to go back and play that game. Not for the donation, but for a pink knight who wields rainbows and sparkles.

(I'm only kidding about the donation bit, of course. I will support breasts anyway I can.)

HankMan:
Brest DLC ever!

I see what you did there.

How much is 2 dollars in Microsoft Points?

But... what happens if he eats a sandwich?

Save the boobies indeed. I'll pick this up as soon as I can.

HankMan:
Brest DLC ever!

/facepalm.

OT: I had no idea that there was such a powerful desire for a pink night. Maybe everyone was dreaming of reforming the Power Rangers?

Good cause, though.

i would rather support the breasts with my hands but if money helps...

Let me know when they have some DLC funding Prostate cancer research.

Well this will be a future purchase...for i must save the breasts.

Rainbow splash magic? Sold either way.

Quiet Stranger:

HankMan:
Brest DLC ever!

That's like 80 to 150 points.

I remember playing as the Pink Knight on the Newgrounds.com Crash The Beard game and to be able to play as that Knight on XBLA while donating for Breast Cancer research would be awesome.

Hurry up, Behemoth! I want a PINK knight! (and the breast cancer thing is awesome, too.)

It's a shiny shoujo knight! Wooot!

Cosplay Horatio:

Quiet Stranger:

HankMan:
Brest DLC ever!

I remember playing as the Pink Knight on the Newgrounds.com Crash The Beard game and to be able to play as that Knight on XBLA while donating for Breast Cancer research would be awesome.

160MSP to be exact. Every dollar is 80MSP.

On Topic. I'll buy it, once it comes out on the XBLA. >_>

Using money gained from DLC to help out cancer research?

Huzzah for human kindness!!

Garak73:

Just for the record, guys can get breast cancer as well. It happens less often, but it happens.

Damn it I can't help if they don't have it for Xbox Live >.>

I'm going to get it and will have heaps of fun! Castle Crashers just got even more awesome!

Quiet Stranger:

HankMan:
Brest DLC ever!

OT: I mean, this is a good cause and all, but is anyone playing this anymore? Better late than never, i guess.

If I'm correct, the Pink Knight has already appeared as a playable character in Super Meat Boy. So, yeah, it finally appearing in Castle Crashers would be good.

CASTLE CRASHERS 2
with maybe a bigger DLC for a bigger donation? :)

Behemoth is owned by Tom Fulp who is the greatest man on the internet in my opinion, I'm so getting this, and it's for a good cause too.

Great cause and a good idea to go with it.
See and all the news outlets and overprotective parents think we're just a bunch of marauding lunatics only interested in death, violence and sex.
Wait, okay, I'll grant this does fall in the sex part of that, but seriously who doesn't want to save the boobies.

I'm gonna go with, anyone that pirates this has earned their special place in hell and proves that they are a soulless, self-absorbed, greedy bastard.

Now it just needs a unicorn mount.

More reasons to play Castle Crashers? I'm DTP (Down to Play :3).

Wait.....no XBL date set. Hrrrrmmmmmm.

Quiet Stranger:

HankMan:
Brest DLC ever!

Only about 160 MS points.

So...is it a dude or a chick? I mean, the save-the-princess sequences take on a whole new meaning if its a girl...

Garak73:

Testicle Themed Skins on Characters seem to be less in demand.

Svenparty:

Garak73:

Testicle Themed Skins on Characters seem to be less in demand.

They could release any themed character for Prostate Cancer research...but they won't.

Ephraim J. Witchwood:

Cosplay Horatio:

Quiet Stranger:

160MSP to be exact. Every dollar is 80MSP.

On Topic. I'll buy it, once it comes out on the XBLA. >_>

Off by ten points and thanks for the correction.

What can pink do for you?

Kick the shit out of the evil sorcerer and his minions, save the boobs (both in real life AND in game) and make sweet lesbian love (assuming, of course, that the pink knight is a woman and not Elton John).

What's there NOT to like?

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here