Disabled Gamer's Dead Space 2 Problems Gets Developer's Attention

Pages PREV 1 2

This is good, but how were mappable controls NOT included in the first place?

Is it really that much bloody effort to put in without being asked?

That's nice of them.

Now... if only they would fix those fucking QTE's for the PC version... then I could actually get past Stross.

Glad to hear they paid attention. Clearly this is great PR for Visceral and EA but there are worse ways to get it, so good on them. Everyone who cares at all about this issue should put in the 1 minute required to head over and sign that petition

So... Isaac Clarke, in a wheelchair, fighting off Ninja Killer Space Zombies of Doom with his chin?
FUCKING. BADASS.

(maybe i should be more serious, but hey, that's an awesome image right there)

You know, I'll probably never play this game, but these developers have really been impressing me lately with how much they're listening to players and incorporating that feedback into their games. I don't usually hear about developers taking such an active interest in what their fan base says and wants beyond what the numbers (both ratings and cash) show. Kind of refreshing.

Daedalus1942:
I'm more curious how someone moves a game character using their chin? :S
He's got skills.
-Tabs<3-

Ever heard of N0M4D? He played Modern Warfare something like that, just found the video.
There was a news post about it in the past, can't remember how long ago.

OT: Glad to hear they are putting together a patch for this. Games can be a real blessing for people in situations like his, so it is good to hear that developers will work to make games more welcoming for them.

2nd awesome piece of news from Visceral to customers. Those guys deserve some credit!

I saw this thread two weeks ago on the Deadspace forums where it actually originated, with the user complaining and one of the EA moderators brought it up with their boss, which later had the thread skyrocket in replies after they saw EA posting there.

While I approve of Viscerals actions here, I am seriously confused how someone who plays with their chin is going to play this game. There's no way they can survive the ending of the game with only their chin, as I've seen the videos how he plays. I'm sorry to say, but there's no way. Not that he shouldn't at least try and have some fun! But honestly, I just don't see why every developer for every game he's going to buy will have to tailor to his injury. Is it fair to him? Yup. Is it nice of the developers to do so? Sure as heck, yes! But is it necessary...? I don't know. Oh well, best of luck with him, but I suppose I'm just cold hearted since I don't instantly jump aboard the petition or such. :-(

Daedalus1942:
I'm more curious how someone moves a game character using their chin? :S
He's got skills.
-Tabs<3-

Or what happens if he's frightened by the game. Must be super calm

Cursed Frogurt:
A friend of mine in college had CP and had to play Killzone with one hand.

You have no idea how out of context that can be taken. :P

OT: About damn time. You would think that with this generation it would be standard.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here