Schafer Explains Move From Brutal Legend to Sesame Street

Pages PREV 1 2

Antidrall:

ShaggyEdiddy214:

Antidrall:

First of all, *SPOILER WARNING* second,

There was no cliffhanger with Ophelia, she just cried a black tear to leave the ending ambivulent. The "metal fire beast" was Ormagoden, basically god. Starcraft has 12 times the popularity of Brutal Legend, it'd be lucky to be 1/4th as popular. Eddie's mother wasn't a witch, she was a demon, and both of his parents are long dead. Finally, if there's going to be any new team, it'd be Lionwhyte, Fleetus, or even a Nu metal one.

Even though Ormagoden was god dosent mean hes un-getable!*snorts
and is THAT why Ophelia cried kinda misleading
and Lionwhyte died halfway through
I geuss you were right about Starcraft but it was mostly just an example because I dont know any RTS's

We never saw Lionwhyte's body after, nor did we see him get impaled, the view was obstructed by another piece of glass. and when you talk to an NPC after:

Eddie: "Good thing Lionwhye's dead, huh?
Razor Girl: "You SAW his body?"

implying that He could come back. Also, Ormagoden died. That's how Metal, water, earth and music was made. When Ormagoden got Eddie, that was just the result of the spell casted on his belt buckle. It wasn't really him, just a magic avatar.

Your quite the detective hats off to your good observations
Well couldnt that "magic avatar" still be usefull because it roasted 3 wussburgers in the opening or was that a "one time only" spell. Then again Eddies blood would have to be drawn every time Ormagodens "magic avatar" would come out.

ShaggyEdiddy214:

Antidrall:

ShaggyEdiddy214:

Even though Ormagoden was god dosent mean hes un-getable!*snorts
and is THAT why Ophelia cried kinda misleading
and Lionwhyte died halfway through
I geuss you were right about Starcraft but it was mostly just an example because I dont know any RTS's

We never saw Lionwhyte's body after, nor did we see him get impaled, the view was obstructed by another piece of glass. and when you talk to an NPC after:

implying that He could come back. Also, Ormagoden died. That's how Metal, water, earth and music was made. When Ormagoden got Eddie, that was just the result of the spell casted on his belt buckle. It wasn't really him, just a magic avatar.

Well couldnt that "magic avatar" still be usefull because it roasted 3 wussburgers in the opening or was that a "one time only" spell. Then again Eddies blood would have to be drawn every time Ormagodens "magic avatar" would come out.

The Belt Buckle was created for one thing, to take the user back in time to the age of metal. it has no use if it's already in the era of it's creation. it's basically just for style.

Antidrall:

ShaggyEdiddy214:

Antidrall:

The Belt Buckle was created for one thing, to take the user back in time to the age of metal. it has no use if it's already in the era of it's creation. it's basically just for style.

Now your just being a dream crusher. You have farted on every last bit of hope of there being a sequel to Brutal Legend
Bravo good sir.

ShaggyEdiddy214:

Antidrall:

ShaggyEdiddy214:

Now your just being a dream crusher. You have farted on every last bit of hope of there being a sequel to Brutal Legend
Bravo good sir.

No, there's always a possibility for a sequel. Just because I proved you wrong about a trinket in the game doesn't mean that Fleetus or Lionwhyte can come back for revenge, or that Nu metal can rear it's ugly head into the fray.

Tim Schafer is backing Sesame Street game, and developing it. You know it's going to be a good game, why? Because Tim Schafer isn't about just making some crapy game, he's about creating a work of art, whether it be a metal based RTS, a game about Psychic kids, a game that has Skeletons (that's all I know of Grim Fandago...sorry), or a dancing Kinect game starting Big Bird and Elmo.

Also, at least the dialog will be family based, not just kiddie based, so a well written game should be created w/ this

silent-treatment:
I loved Psychonaughts, but am I the only one who is a little afraid for Double Fine? I mean they basically went from a pure epicness, original IP that did not sell well (and I am also guilty of this, I only played because of the most epic Midweek madness of all time) to Jack Black's Jack Black game featuring Jack Black and now a licensed game. I really hope that DF will just get free rein one of these days.

Eh? They do have free reign. They wanted to make an action-RTS about a heavy metal roadie who goes back in time to the age of metal... and that's exactly what they did. They wanted to make a game about a storybook world of monsters, and thought it would be cool to integrate the Sesame Street license into it... and that's exactly what they did.

Also Brutal wasn't "Jack Black's Jack Black game" that's just how EA chose to market it. He was the voice actor and partial inspiration for the main character and nothing more.

This could be the killer app for the Kinect

silent-treatment:
I loved Psychonaughts, but am I the only one who is a little afraid for Double Fine? I mean they basically went from a pure epicness, original IP that did not sell well (and I am also guilty of this, I only played because of the most epic Midweek madness of all time) to Jack Black's Jack Black game featuring Jack Black and now a licensed game. I really hope that DF will just get free rein one of these days.

What about Costume Quest and Stacking?

Balobo:

silent-treatment:

What about Costume Quest and Stacking?

Two Xbox arcade exclusives, one of which i had not even heard of before. I am not so connected anymore, but If I had never heard of it, then most of the general public probebly has not either (which sucks).

random_bars:

silent-treatment:

Eh? They do have free reign. They wanted to make an action-RTS about a heavy metal roadie who goes back in time to the age of metal... and that's exactly what they did. They wanted to make a game about a storybook world of monsters, and thought it would be cool to integrate the Sesame Street license into it... and that's exactly what they did.

Also Brutal wasn't "Jack Black's Jack Black game" that's just how EA chose to market it. He was the voice actor and partial inspiration for the main character and nothing more.

I might just be being sing tunes of doom for no good reason.

Daemascus:
Not what i expected... I was kinda hopeing for brutal legend 2

After how people bit giant holes in that game?

Well combine this and the return of point and click Humongous games the EC rating might make a viable comeback.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here