First Skyrim Trailer Shows Off In-Game Hotness

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 NEXT

First Skyrim Trailer Shows Off In-Game Hotness

The first in-game trailer for The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim is out, and it is going to rock your morning and possibly your afternoon as well.

I don't want to throw off your vibe, so just go ahead and watch. We can talk about it later. Really, I'll wait.

Okay! So what do you think? In one sense it's very standard Elder Scrolls stuff: narration courtesy of a distinguished actor with an awesome voice, sweeping landscapes, bombastic music, third-person action and a world-ending cataclysm that can only be stopped by one man (or woman) of pseudo-divine birth. It's Oblivion Redux, a technologically sexed-up expansion of the northern regions of Cyrodiil.

And you know what? I don't care! Nobody does! Based on this trailer, Skyrim will be exactly what we expect and that's just fine with me. It's The Elder Scrolls, and it's freakin' awesome.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim comes out on November 11, 2011 for the PC, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.

I feel this is appropriate:

Stupid time slowing down when cool stuff is coming out later...

Havent played the previous Elder Scrolls games but this looks interesting.

O.O
My God that was amazing.
The visuals.
The Gameplay.

THE MUSIC!

I'm taking my soul back and selling it to Bethesda!

Meh... more standard generic Fantasyland, just shinier. Nothing that looks really pretty (as opposed to polished but standard) either. If I want to see snowy mountains and pine forests, I can go outside.
Also, no way that was all ingame footage. The breathing, the facial expressions and so on in the dragon fight? That's the Oblivion trailers all over again.

Gimme some more Babylonian dwarves and Japano-Egyptian elves, please?

I saw this 20 minutes ago on IGN, and when I did, my jaw hit the floor and stayed there for the majority of the video. The game looks amazing. It looks like it could be better than Oblivion, maybe even as good as Morrowind. All I can say is: DO WANT!!! It is going to be a long wait from now till November...

Ditching that stillborn gamebryo engine came years too late, but at least they finally replaced it... and with something from id, too.

It's like they're apologizing for all those years of their engine being a griefer.

I'm at a loss for words... (Breaks down into incoherent babbling)

Hoooooooollllllllllyyyyyyyyyyyy shhhhhhhhhhiiiiiiiiiiiittttttttttaaaaaaaakkkkkkiiiiii mushrooms.

I want it. I want it now. Yes please. Who do I have to shank? Do I have to stab somebody? Or is it just my own blood that's required in glorious sacrifice?

*Ahem*

Now that that's now the way, to serius biznis. Looks good, can't wait for it to come out.I'm a bit concerned over the look of the dragon battles so far, because my inner cynic predicts over-glorified QTEs are a-comin', but I"m ignoring that for now. Thanks Bethesda!

Oh
My
God

I need a new pair of pants right about now...

And now we wait for pre-order...

Oh, and this is a word I made up for this video:
infriggincrediblyorgasmitasticallyawesomesaucenessapocalypticlyamazing

Yeah.. I was kind of on the fence about Skyrim before seeing as I never could get into the earlier games in the series, but after seeing this I'm definitely excited. Not in a "put my money down now to get the game on day 1" excited way (yet), but in a "wow, I need more details on this asap" way. I guess that's what a good trailer for a (hopefully) good game does.

I take it the yell at 1:08 was supposed to be one of the fabled Dragon Shouts?

I was hoping for something a little more like this.

Oh well, at least it's still cool.

Oh my god! Stabby backstabby neck slicing stealthy action!

It's about damn time!

I was under the impression that Skyrim was separate from Cyrodiil.

Once the Dragonborn released the shout ice sprung out of my spine and I became a frost atronach for a while. Also I squealed like a twilight fangirl seeing Edward naked.

I... buh.... wow.

yes! yes! OH GOD YES!!!!

Seriously though, that really does look amazing. I just cannot wait for this.

Wow that sceenery is amazing, much better than Oblivion samey evironment

Yeah fair enough, it looks ok. /understatement

I'm actually quite annoyed now because after the whole 'Oblivion' thing I was wary about getting my hopes up for Skyrim. And now the hopes, they are up. Damn.

Water effects (like the river) could use some work. They looked so.. 2002's..
I'm sure this is still well in development, but kinda surpised for a video like 'this' the were as they were.

My underpants. They are now ruined. And I am excited.

Never gotten this hyped over a game trailer ever before

this is not possible. i don't remember elder scrolls games that look good. if the game is even one millionth of the awesomeness shown in that trailer, i'd buy 5 copies of it

also, nice release date

Morrowind393:

Because it is. Wow, that sure was easy to clarify. I could be wrong, but judging by your name you're probably one of those people who believes every ES game post-Morrowind to be an embarrassment. I never really understood that mindset.

Hmm I would much prefer to make friends with the dragons and use them as my death dealing pets rather then slay them and steal their powers...

Before the trailer, I wasn't particularly interested in the game. After...well, this image sums it up:

That trailer was solid gold the whole way through, and the music sent chills down my spine. Bethesda, you might have sold me on that trailer alone.

HT_Black:
My underpants. They are now ruined. And I am excited.[[quote="Morrowind393" post="7.266763.10179060"]I was under the impression that Skyrim was separate from Cyrodiil.

It is.
I think he ment "the northern regions of Tamriel".

Irridium:
I feel this is appropriate:

Stupid time slowing down when cool stuff is coming out later...

Curse that video, ever since someone linked that in the news about Skyrim being released, everytime I hear the trailer tune I hear the lyrics in my head.,..xD

OT: This might be a good game afterall...I hated Oblivion, boring game =/

Bethesda now officially owns forty pounds of my money.

Apart from the odd unimpressive water effect (the flowing stream) this looks like a true next-gen elder scrolls, I know that most of the enjoyment is in quests and leveling that can't be shown in the video but by the looks of things this may even be good enough to make people stop playing morrowind.

New pants!? I need a new monitor (and floor) *splurge*

That is pretty damn amazing in every aspect (sound effects were phenomenal). While it was obviously rendered in-game, I wonder if the animation will even come close to that standard.

Well, whatever the case is, I was excited before, but now I'm... I don't know what I am... words do not suffice.

Looks pretty slick. We all know it will be good. Just have to wait for the release date is all.

Super Toast:

Morrowind393:

Because it is. Wow, that sure was easy to clarify.

I think you are misunderstanding me, or I misunderstood "It's Oblivion Redux, a technologically sexed-up expansion of the northern regions of Cyrodiil." in the OP.

I was getting a very Shadow of the Colossus-style vibe from that. I mean, he kills the boss character and then absorbs some swirly misty type thing (presumably related to the `Dragon Shouts')?

Anyway, I didn't think the visuals were that impressive; too uncanny valley. It still looks awesome though...

I was about to say something about how the graphics aren't all that top notch, but fuck it. This looks fucking amazing.

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Your account does not have posting rights. If you feel this is in error, please contact an administrator. (ID# 67218)