Discover the Dangerous World of the Nintendo 3DS

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Discover the Dangerous World of the Nintendo 3DS

The Nintendo 3DS could be more dangerous to humanity than we first thought.

Whenever a new Nintendo system comes out, the company warns its consumers of impending danger in cute ways. Now that the 3DS has been released in Japan, the owners have new activities to watch out for.

Nintendo only wants its customers to know that they should be careful of their surroundings when playing the 3DS, that they shouldn't touch it with magnets, that they shouldn't sit on it, and that a key is not a stylus. It just happens to tell them through hilarious images.

It must be something about the simple illustration style used that makes these appealing. I'd watch an animated series of the guy in these warnings knocking over vases and electrocuting himself all day. Make it happen, Nintendo!

Source: Aussie Nintendo

Alright a new murder weapon! lol

Edit: haha, some of these illustration.... wow.... I mean how many people have put a chain around the charger then plugged it in to make it have to be in a danger illustration? People these days.... just wow....

dude that's nothing compared to the Wii safety..thing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_E79glEnj0

That last one... He looks pretty horrified. Seriosuly that face is a little creepy. Getting flashbacks of the Mummies from Orcarina of Time there.

holy Maccaroni ! isn't that a "blast"!

give it to the wrong hands and you'll get a category 3 weapon !

alrighty, so the second image says that you'll get pink eye from looking at it and the 6th one says not to play drunk?

Oh so you're NOT supposed to wrap a chain around the plug.
That's what I've doing wrong all these years!

this one is bullshit

everybody knows that there IS no way to destroy forged Nintendium

That rubber ducky is out for baby blood!

teh_Canape:
this one is bullshit

Now I know I'm not the only thinks that looks like he isn't just sitting on it.

Ah safety warnings, the most hilarious of signs. From sad onions to possessed-looking infants using telekenesis to move objects with their mind (Picture 1, clearly).

Picture 4 just looks very wrong though.

teh_Canape:
this one is bullshit

I have to say that guy has the blockiest ass I've ever seen. Seriously, does he have a brick down the back of his pants?

edit: FACEPALM, it's in his back pocket.

I'd watch an animated series of the guy in these warnings knocking over vases and electrocuting himself all day. Make it happen, Nintendo!

I'd also watch it, someone with some animation talent do it!

These are funny and cute.
I can totally imagine someone doing pictures 8 and 9.
Picture 8 : "Where's my stylus? Oh, well, I'll just use my key."
-Later-
"WHY WON'T IT WORK??"
Picture 9 : "I wonder what would happen if I put this magnet on my DS?"

I don't get the second image. Am I not supposed to look at the back of the 3DS?

What I get from the last two warnings are, Do not brainwash the 3DS with a magnet while it's sleeping and 3DS may steal your soul

Is it strange that some of these remind me of the art style for Portal?

I like Wired.com's interpretations of these warnings:

What exactly am I not supposed to be doing in pictures 6 and 10? I can't figure those two out.

Also, what's that thing we're not supposed to look at in picture 2? You can see in pictures that there is some kind of black thing there, but I have yet to see anyone actually explain what that is.

These are hilarious, if a bit ambiguous. :P

Seriously, what's up with the second one. Are you not supposed to look at the back of the console?

HankMan:

teh_Canape:
this one is bullshit

Yeah, I know I'm not the only thinks that looks like he isn't just on it.

What are you...

O_O

Ok, people, DON'T EVER DO THAT.

#6, #7 and, #10 confuse me...I think the 6th advises against letting Zombies play the 3DS as the 3D images will likely be attacked. #7 looks like it's warning of the dangers of haunted chargers. #10 looks like a warning about all of the insane imagery used in the 3DS game catalog.

I think I might be mistaken though.

What... these make it even more confusing. What on earth is the last ones supposed to be telling you about? Don't be scared of the 3DS?

1. Don't leave your 3DS near the edge of a table. Your baby will learn of it's secret telepathic abilities and turn you inside out next time you don't give her a piece of candy from the store.

2. Contain your urges, even if your 3DS is has the only hole that you can fit it in.

3. Don't play your 3DS near your plants. The 3DS doesn't like your plants.

4. What goes in must come out...

undigested.

5. Your fan and your 3DS have an awkward past. Best leave sleeping dogs lie.

6. Even if you just went through all of Zelda without saving once and your power died on the last boss, we are not liable for self inflicted death.

7. Your power cord is not into bondage nor does it have a shock fetish. Be nice and smooth with her, that is how she likes it.

8. Even with the 3DS's 3D graphics, THE GAME IS NOT YOUR CAR.

9. Magnets suck the 3DS into a reality were you can divide by zero, so don't touch magnets to it.

10. Don't go around sitting in the grass for hours in the starting level of the newest pokemon game.

Some old curses bugs have never gone away.

This really funny but also very sad, make your too to include the warning about not shuving it up your ass or someone somewere will sue you nintendo.

lol funny and cute, Of course if you are dumb enough to do some of these then you deserve what happen's next.

Well, I found my new avatar...

The fuck does that last one even mean? "Warning: This product MAY absorb your soul?"

Guys, the second one is obviously advising you not to use your laser vision to charge your DS. It's a good warning, as I actually WAS one of the people stupid enough to try it. >_<

And the last one I think goes with the second to last one. If you use a magnet on your DS, it won't turn on. :)

And here I thought stupid warning labels were only for Americans.

Mr. Fister:
I like Wired.com's interpretations of these warnings:

Haha. Funny. Reminds me of the literally captioned New Yorker cartoons

If any of you people have ever watched ANY form of media from Japan you should realise the last one is the standard "Always watch/play in a well lit room." In other words, dont play it in the dark, a lot of Japanese are prone to strokes when watching flashy thingys in the dark, remember the old transformer stroke jokes? They didn't originate from nothing.

EDIT: After much deliberation, I still cannot figure out what the Air Conditioner one means. Maybe the 3DS is prone to condensation when in AC or something? I must confirm this.

VanQQisH:
EDIT: After much deliberation, I still cannot figure out what the Air Conditioner one means. Maybe the 3DS is prone to condensation when in AC or something? I must confirm this.

Don't place your 3DS in cold environments. It'll screw with the electronics and even break it.

My friend's DS broke because his dumbass roommate stuck it on top of a freezer.

What is the last one? I don't even...

Just look at it! What's it supposed to mean?!

Atticus89:

Don't place your 3DS in cold environments. It'll screw with the electronics and even break it.

My friend's DS broke because his dumbass roommate stuck it on top of a freezer.

Ah, I see. I'll remember never to put my 3DS in the freezer or fridge then. I was worried it was just a "dont play in AC" warning. I was a bit worried I wouldn't be able to play it on the 1 hour train rides to uni. Almost made me decide not to buy it, they should really be less vague with their warnings.

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here