FindMakarov Unleashes Live Action Modern Warfare Trailer

Pages 1 2 NEXT

FindMakarov Unleashes Live Action Modern Warfare Trailer

The mysterious "FindMakarov" website has revealed a very realistic Modern Warfare short film.

Just in case you need to catch up, a website recently popped up called "FindMakarov.com" that had an aesthetic similar to Modern Warfare and featured a countdown clock. Gamers theorized that it had something to do with Modern Warfare 3, but Activision said it was a hoax, and the site was later determined to likely be part of a Call of Duty fan film. The fan film prediction has panned out, because that's what we're now linked to upon visiting the website.

It's a really good fan film too, recreating scenes from the Modern Warfare titles in real locations using real-life actors. What makes the film intriguing is that it does this from a first-person view, exactly how the scenes would appear in the games.

There's a scene from a Modern Warfare training level, a bunch of close-up headshots, and a segment with Lieutenant General Shepherd being a royal jerk and stabbing the viewer in the neck. Fan-favorite Simon "Ghost" Riley also makes a brief appearance.

The short film was created by Toronto's We Can Pretend, a "creative collective" that says it strives to "create interactive spectacles and enhance human connectivity through digital media." I don't know what that means, but I'd say it's probably done that with this Modern Warfare trailer, right?

Awesome...Awesome...Fan films continue to be awesome.

That was amazing. I don't even like COD and that was amazing.

That.... actually looked quite good.

That was pretty good. I remember some guy making short films out of segments of Modern Warfare gameplay. Unrelated, but equally awesome, and I will post them if I can find them again.

You call THAT a British accent?!

Still, looks epic

It was good, but not worth the hype. It would be better if it was a trailer for a longer fan film. Now it's just ... unfinished.

theSovietConnection:
That was pretty good. I remember some guy making short films out of segments of Modern Warfare gameplay. Unrelated, but equally awesome, and I will post them if I can find them again.

You mean this?

Very well made film. Definitely worthy of the first Modern Warfare game, and far better than the second.

So its a trailer to a film which is going to be exactly like the game, show all the game segments, the same story, and the same characters, without the gameplay.

No offense here, but what's the point? Just watch a lets play of COD. I don't mean to belittle the work they put into it, as it looks amazing for a fan film, but they should deviate a little bit

Brutal Overkill Reaction By Activision Incoming...

Prepare For Impact.

Wow, this mod makes the game look so realistic. Oh wait...

Although, yes, they did a good job with the characters and sets, exactly like the game

Guys stop complaining. It was better than anything that any of you could hope to produce, just appreciate it for what it is.

Amazing, by the way.

katsumoto03:

theSovietConnection:

You mean this?

Very well made film. Definitely worthy of the first Modern Warfare game, and far better than the second.

Awesome as that was, no. This is the one I was thinking of

The guy does a couple more for the first Modern Warfare as well.

Wow I actually loved that. Doesn't disappoint me it wasn't a countdown for MW3 ;)

dogstile:
So its a trailer to a film which is going to be exactly like the game, show all the game segments, the same story, and the same characters, without the gameplay.

No offense here, but what's the point? Just watch a lets play of COD. I don't mean to belittle the work they put into it, as it looks amazing for a fan film, but they should deviate a little bit

I doubt it's a trailer for a FILM. The "trailer" itself is a fan-made short film acting as sort of a triler for MW3.

Damn, that's better than a MW3 announcement.

Accents sucked. Everything else? God damn epic.

Still, can't shake the feeling that this is actually Activison's own viral campaign for MW3. Or, at least, they will let this be so it can generate hype for the game.

I hope the actual Modern Warfare 3 opening is HALF as good as this.
"WE'RE GUNNA GET YOU MAKAROV!"

AwesomePeanutz:

dogstile:

I doubt it's a trailer for a FILM. The "trailer" itself is a fan-made short film acting as sort of a triler for MW3.

Ah, yeah, that does make more sense.

BAH, my mind is scrambled tonight

Yes yes yes yes yes! I am definitely keeping an eye out for this. I wonder if this could be an ingenious ploy by Activision to get hype up for Modern warfare 3... Wait, it cant be right, I said Activision, not one of the companies that does interesting things :/

Still, at least they aren't EA.

The production value, i.e set cost, costumes, seems too high for this to not be officially made with backing from Activision.

If this is a trailer for MW3 color me impressed. If this is a trailer to a fan made feature length movie, i would cream my pants. They can even fit all of MW2 into the movie with very few editing :P since it was about as long as a 2 hour movie

also, y haven't anyone just straight up adapt the actual game into a movie? I mean if the whole movie was done in First person it wouldnt be a bad idea, Blair witch, Cloverfield did a pretty good job. If they made a Halo Movie all First person i would jump for joy!

So are they doing a short on getting makarov? or was it like a fan trailer?

I really hope this is a joke. This is...incredibly sad. It's like someone making a fan film about World of Warcraft. Call of Duty really, REALLY needs to just stop. It's getting way out of hand.

Hmmm this is good for fan film :)
But I think I prefer Freddie Wong's COD videos better.

I love the play on Shepherd's words by the "Soap" MacTavish actor at the end. "Let's write some history." Great stuff. I hope Modern Warfare 3 will be as awesome as this.

I was gonna nitpick that shepard couldn't promote soap because, you kow, differant armies.

BUT THEN..

Holy shit did you see that drop into Moscow?

theSovietConnection:

katsumoto03:

theSovietConnection:

You mean this?

Awesome as that was, no. This is the one I was thinking of

The guy does a couple more for the first Modern Warfare as well.

What about the frozen crossing series?

Wow, those sets looked just like the in game locations, I don't know how they did it. And those special effects were gorgeous; they must have taken thousands to pull them off.

dogstile:

You didn't pay attention to the ending, did you?

If they do make it into something, it's them showing off their skills then leading into something that takes place after Modern Warfare 2. "Find Makarov. End the war." And then they dive from the helicopter into Russia while the US is counter attacking.

Me? I think it's fucking FANTASTIC. I've never been more impressed by a fan film. I hope either they really make it into something or, better yet, Infinity Ward takes this as inspiration for a sequel.

Totally awesome, but I don't know what the point of copying scenes from the games is. Hopefully the full thing will feature a lot more original footage, because if that ending was any indication, they certainly have a lot of awesome ideas.

Was pretty cool, but some of those accents were atrocious.

This is very very well done , but of all the games to make a live action short of . . .

Dear christ, the Scottish accent at the end is painful.

the clockmaker:
I was gonna nitpick that shepard couldn't promote soap because, you kow, differant armies.

BUT THEN..

Ordinarily, a US General wouldn't be able to promote a British squaddie, no.
BUT - don't forget that Shepherd is commander of TF141, which Soap becomes a captain of.
Different nationalities, different armies, same Task Force.

Lt_Bromhead:

the clockmaker:

BUT THEN..

Ordinarily, a US General wouldn't be able to promote a British squaddie, no.
BUT - don't forget that Shepherd is commander of TF141, which Soap becomes a captain of.
Different nationalities, different armies, same Task Force.

I always thought that he was on secondment to TF141, kind of like how special forces task groups work now. Because i think the law frowns upon serving in another nation's military. Only the gurhkas really get away with it.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here