Update: Trailer for Schwarzenegger's The Governator Cartoon Surfaces

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

CAN'T. STOP. LAUGHING.

On the video: I like how transforming robots are treated as everyday occurrences in modern day California instead of, you know, a friggin' major, world changing discovery! But no, the Guvunatah needs to go ahead and destroy them.

Nice job breaking it, hero!

...and it still looks a hell of a lot better than that stupid My Little Pony crap that everybody seems to love.

THIS IS THE GREATEST THING IN THE HISTORY OF MANKIND

FUCK THE HATERS

This had better be a late April Fools joke... I couldn't even watch through the whole thing without cringing.

Remember that episode of Family Guy, where Peter breast feeds a sleeping Stewie....then Stewie wakes up and slowly realizes the horror of what is happening?

Yeah. That.

Every time I see something that looks this cringe-inducing bad, I secretly hope it's the next "big thing".

Z of the Na'vi:
...and it still looks a hell of a lot better than that stupid My Little Pony crap that everybody seems to love.

Prepare to be surprised. Pony is actually 20% cooler.

Gentleman_Reptile:

Yeah. Those memes don't work with me, buddy.

I'll hang on to my good cartoons of the 90s, thanks.

April Fools? Please?

I can't wait! So excited!!

Captcha: 1820, ituara

Oh god. They really did make something terrible, didn't they? Mediocre animation, bland artistic direction, and Black Eyed Peas.

If this is anywhere near indicative of the quality of the final product, this show's going to suck.

Why...?! Why are you doing this to your fans Arnold...? We loved you in Terminator 1 and 2, sure 3 wasn't all that great, but it was still worlds better than Salvation! We even forgave you for that cheesy "Jingle All the Way" obligatory Christmas movie all 90s Stars did! And even as you stepped around and insulted the very culture you propagated during your action career, we never hated you.

So why...?! Why T-100, why Arny? Why are you killing us like this? Horribly dated song... horrible action, a milk tank...?! I... I... I don't know what to say...

Excuse me while I apply a healthy dose of brain-bleach to myself, then watch Jingle All the Way... at least it was a good kind of cheesy...

Looks like an amusing cartoon, much like Megas and all that good old stuff. We are DEFINITELY not in the show's primary target demographic, though the references do seem to cater for the nerd-core audience of adults who might be watching along with their kids. Not a bad idea, will rely on the writers to work.

I don't know what I'm more surprised at, the fact that everyone is astonished this wasn't a joke or that no one is concerned that this iteration of Arnold keeps a bunch of (what appear to be) teenagers locked in a mechanical closet.

MadCapMunchkin:
If it's a parody, then it might be half way decent. But I don't get that vibe from Arnie...

Well maybe not from Arnie,but Stan Lee has screwed around before (Spider-Pig) As long as Mr.Lee has more creative control,this could turn out alright...God forbid otherwise

Does no one notice that the video was uploaded on April 1st?

Z of the Na'vi:

Gentleman_Reptile:

Yeah. Those memes don't work with me, buddy.

I'll hang on to my good cartoons of the 90s, thanks.

It looks retarded on the outside, but it was made by the woman responsible for the power puff girls. It has a shocking amount of substance for something that girly/kiddy.

Mind you if you have seen it and don't like it then that's your opinion, but if you haven't it may be worth your while to watch at least one episode. You may end up as surprised as I was.

"EARTH!"
"FIRE!"
"WIND!"
"WATER!"
"HEART!"

"Go Planet!"

"By your powers combined, I am Captain Planet!"

Captain Planet, he's our hero
Gonna take pollution down to zero

He's our powers magnified
And he's fighting on the planet's side

Captain Planet, he's our hero
Gonna take pollution down to zero

Gonna help him put asunder
Bad guys who like to loot and plunder

"You'll pay for this Captain Planet!"

We're the Planeteers
You can be one too
'Cause saving our planet is the thing to do!

Looting and polluting is not the way
Hear what Captain Planet has to say!

"The Power is Yours!"

Patrick_and_the_ricks:
Video Game? Wow, so he's an idiot, greedy, and hypocrite.

Only if it is violent lol... No, but seriously I agree. PS: The trailer was painful to watch. Too much self wank with children trapped on the basement of a grown man.

teknoarcanist:
Does no one notice that the video was uploaded on April 1st?

Yeah, but it was confirmed that it was not an April Fool's joke.

The only way this could possibly have any merit is if Austrian Death Machine does the soundtrack instead of Black Eyed Peas.

Well.. the effects are nice...

i think some people may be hating on this because its got arnold in it. what if it was a fictional governor of a fictional state?

would we have the same reaction?

Is it wrong that i could actually find this idea entertaining?

Because colour me intrigued ill give it a shot

Unbelievably cheesy and I cannot wait until this comes to TV =D.

I would totally watch this. Looks sodding hilarious.

Wait wait wait...This is REAL!? Get out.

Greg Tito:

To be honest, I have no idea what they actually did have in mind voting for Schwarzenegger other than a lark so The Governator is probably what we deserve.

We voted him in the same reason why the baby boomers voted Reagan, He was famous.

...my Repect for Schwarzenegger (What a Type lol) IS BACK

I hope to see this...Because we all need a little Arnold in our lives

Mantonio:
THIS IS THE GREATEST THING IN THE HISTORY OF MANKIND

FUCK THE HATERS

HELLS TO THE YEA!!

Why does everyone think this is a bad thing. I think this new franchise has the potential to produce numerous lolz. I'm looking forward to it.

So he use a Green latern ring to enter his Batcave?

Dear lordy, where can I record this thing?

Ugh. I was interested. Now, not so much.

id watch it

Oh, I cannot wait until Linkara gets his hands on this. I will be hilarious...

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here