Genius Apes Swarm the Streets in Trailer for Planet of the Apes Prequel

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

I couldn't help but laugh at the end when it said "apes will rise". The whole concept for this movie seems doa.

I can say that i will not go to the Cinema for that. A Prequel to a bad remake.
I smell bad action movie , where a interesting story COULD be hidden, but wont be found. Smartape will escape, "infect" other apes by doing whatever, an injection, a bite, throwing contagious poo, they "rise" they somehow take over the world, something that will have to do with destroying high technology. Probably some Atomic explosion EMP or by screaming and swinging on cables.

At least Tim Butron isn't on this one. Plus, Andy Serkis? Sign me up.

Didnt the Last Planet of the Apes remake bomb? are they just that bankrupt ideawise?

Wow. Worst title of a movie ever? rise OF THE planet OF THE apes, just sounds bad. Looks like a mix between hollow-man( one of the worst movies of all time) with planet of the apes.

They better not mess this one up..
I loved the 8 original movies, they're just awesome.
But the remake was soo bad..
So they better not mess this one up!

So... let's scrap the actual canon and instead go for a "Rats of NIMH" thing?

Is that the gist of it?

Sigh...another movie that will over use CGI and lessen the impact of the movie. The previous PLanet of th Apes movie was somewhat enjoyable (or at least tolerable) for the performances of the actors portraying the apes, sans CGI. Of course this was all offset by the atrocious acting of Mark Wahlberg.

This new movie looks like a zoo breakout gone mad, with lots of CGI.

science is bad science did a bad thing oooooh scary science -_- grow up

"some things arent meant to be changed" I smell religion in that quote (no offence I meant "deaf and blind" religion ... also no offence to the blind and deaf)

I think Im becoming really cynical T_T

Korten12:
Looks interesting, need to watch the old movies.

I have a real problem with their marketing of the old movies...

Dude, you've just given away the MAIN SPOILER ENDING on the cover! You planks.

looks ok but surely there would have to be literally MILLIONS of those apes to take over with force? There's probably an explanation but in the trailer it looks like they're just going....

*puts on sunglasses

APE-shit.

http://people.rit.edu/~bss6378/instantCSI/

So how come apes are capable of doing what entire countries and terrorist organizations cant? :/

Btw, they arent smarter. unless you somehow increase their brain size and matter.

I can already tell this movie bashes science, I HATE IT!!!! Hurr derrrr deeerrp

God this is rediculous...

James Franko a scientist? The guys probley taking a bong hit after every cut.

This movie premise is pinky and the brain, played completely straight, with the conclusion already decided.

But seriously. How much of a **** do the humans have to not give to be defeated by an army of apes.

"For all of our Tanks and Machine guns, we were defeated by our own hubris, the very science we treasure."

"But, Mr. President, we still have those tanks and machine guns, and planes. We have cruise missiles that can explode chimps from space."

"DEFEATED BY OUR OWN HUBRIS. HUMANS WERE NEVER MEANT TO PLAY GOD."

This just means one thing, Harry Osborn has to die so we can save humanity.

OT: This just proves what I've been saying for years, Hollywood is scraping the bottom of the barrel for ideas.

This is gonna suck unimaginably. As many before have noticed the story should have been about the humans destroying them selves and apes evolving to fill the spot of humans.

Can't wait for The movie Bob to bash on it :D

I really hope this trailer is another of Hollywood ridiculously bad ad campaigns, and doesn't do the movie real justice. I have great hopes for Rise of the Planet to revive the series, but this trailer was ridiculous :( I guess will know for better or for worst when the movie is released.

Logan Westbrook:

One day, apes will rule the Earth, and humans will be nothing but livestock. That's according to seminal 1968 sci-fi movie, Planet of the Apes, which starred Charlton Heston as a astronaut who finds himself trapped in a simian dystopia after being stranded in the future by near-light speed space travel.

Come on, man. You're supposed to put up a spoiler warning.

So much fail. It's like Ang Lee's Hulk all over again, but instead of Hulk-dogs it's apes.

Also, they already explained the origin as a paradox of time travel in Escape and Conquest. Cornelius and Zira get in Bright Eyes' spaceship, get caught in some kind of quantum deus ex machina ray, and wind up back in the 70s. Hijinks, adventure, and social statements ensue - and they secretly give birth to Cesar, who leads the ape revolution. (He also subsequently fucks up the space-time continuum because studio execs panicked over the idea of African Americans rising up in violent revolution because of the speech at the end.)

Anyway, it looks like someone smeared ape shit all over a forgotten Spiderman 3 subplot.

I saw "Genius Apes Swarm the Streets," clicked, and expected Ape Escape 4.

Internets, I am disappoint.

Lazarus Long:

As happy as I am for Weta making it to the big time, it chills my blood to see a special effects company called out in a trailer where one would expect to see the director (or, Crom forbid, a writer) name-dropped.

Indeed. No disrespect to the folks at Weta, but what is the deal behind name-dropping the special effects studio attached to the project as opposed to the producer or perhaps even the director, of all people. I take it the film does actually have a director. It has to, after all, right?

RobCoxxy:

ryai458:
How would 8 billion humans be threatened by several million apes who are a little more intelligent?

Because we weren't bright enough to use that "Smartenol" ourselves. That would have worked, no? CHECKMATE, MONKEYMEN!

I doubt their would even be several million for genticial tests, worse case is if thier screwing with dna then they escape to the wild and its a good few years till they get a fighting force and i like to think we would have some idea of clever apes.

i think it won't be thier conqunering humans but a rise of an ape state or equal rights for apes etc. OR ALEIN APES INVADE!!!!

Am I the only one who thinks of Curious George for the last 5 seconds of that video!?

Togs:
More "SCIENCE IS BAD" BS, a definate miss on this noe

Yeah. Just wait until we start making breakthroughs in genetic engineering. You'll be seeing one of these movies every week.

OT: I thought that the canon said that it was the space station that crashed through the time nebula and then the apes broke loose. I guess they're starting from scratch.

Notsomuch:
This movie premise is pinky and the brain, played completely straight, with the conclusion already decided.

But seriously. How much of a **** do the humans have to not give to be defeated by an army of apes.

"For all of our Tanks and Machine guns, we were defeated by our own hubris, the very science we treasure."

"But, Mr. President, we still have those tanks and machine guns, and planes. We have cruise missiles that can explode chimps from space."

"DEFEATED BY OUR OWN HUBRIS. HUMANS WERE NEVER MEANT TO PLAY GOD."

Seriously. The only way I could see it going down is if the smartest ape somehow gets into the White House and sets off a nuclear war, which allows the apes to rise from the ashes. That still seems impossible though, does making him super intelligent somehow give him psychic access to the launch codes?

Well, either that or we grant them equal rights because of their intelligence and they slowly take power over the course of several centuries, but that A) seems boring for a movie, and B) paints civil rights in a negative light so will never get produced in Hollywood.

David Hewlett is in it. That's the only reason I'll see it. Or try to see it. Or rent... I mean "stream" it through netflix. Should I be bored one day next fall and incredibly inebriated.

linkzeldi:
How the heck do a bunch of intelligent test apes bring an end to humanity. Estimating they used 3,000 to 6,000 apes in their experiments the us army still outnumbers them by a bunch.

I mean in the original I kind of assumed that humanity did themselves in and with space to fill, the apes evolved into intelligent beings in our place.

Fairly sure that's pretty much how it happened. At least in the book.

OutrageousEmu:

Logan Westbrook:

One day, apes will rule the Earth, and humans will be nothing but livestock. That's according to seminal 1968 sci-fi movie, Planet of the Apes, which starred Charlton Heston as a astronaut who finds himself trapped in a simian dystopia after being stranded in the future by near-light speed space travel.

You're joking, right?

It just seems too hard to swallow(be it scientifically proven or not) there's no way in hell apes disrupt America so bad, free all the apes in zoos and create such a large population that would eventually enslave the human race. Not to mention them not being able to use planes or helicopters(I guess yet) it would be like duck hunter except on a helicopter with a rifle shooting at tons of apes. This trailer is driving me bananas.

I'm really sick of the trend of science == bad in Hollywood movies.

NO NO NO NO NO NO! When will people learn to stop making Planet of the Apes movies? COme on guys you were doing so well! It's been ten years since the last abomination why'd you have to do decided to make what is potentially another one?

Ok, ok, to be fair the cast looks ok so maybe they can make it somewhat good.

You know what would make this 'film' worth seeing?

Duke Nukem.

He can fling his poo with the best of them... and chew bubblegum.

Oh yeah, I read about this in Entertainment Weekly. This is the only movie that's coming out soon that I'm interested in seeing

EDIT: (Posted before watching the trailer)
Didn't look bad, other then it seemed like Splice or Alien, but with monkeys. Its one thing to see a big black xenomorph run along the roof top in the background, but its not the same threat with monkeys.

Logan Westbrook:

OutrageousEmu:

Logan Westbrook:

You're joking, right?

Umm, duh?

ryo02:
science is bad science did a bad thing oooooh scary science -_- grow up

"some things arent meant to be changed" I smell religion in that quote (no offence I meant "deaf and blind" religion ... also no offence to the blind and deaf)

I think Im becoming really cynical T_T

I absolutely agree with you. It's an intellectually bankrupt idea (much more so for a film half made inside a computer) that Hollywood keeps regurgitating without even knowing why. It basically originates in a popular misreading of Frankenstein (itself a humanist work very much hostile with religion) in which Frankenstein is an arrogant scientist and the Monster a representation of the excesses of science...

...only the novel reads so much better if Frankenstein is in fact God and the Monster is man. And the monster becomes criminal and violent because of alienation from society and having been rejected and ignored by his creator.

Which would aboslutely have worked for this remake.

Or, you know what would have worked? A metaphor for slavery and class warfare, which is what the original movie was to begin with, if anybody remembers that.

So yeah, screw this crap. That line alone ensures I'm not paying money to watch it.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here