This Talking Plush Portal Turret Doesn't Hate You

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

I would like to buy one of these to make up for laughing maniacally at the poor turrets bouncing around while covered in repulsion Gel....... Ok see, now that I remembered it, I'm laughing again XD

John Funk:

This thing is super-cute, but unfortunately Guberman and Nunan know better than to mass-produce someone else's intellectual property for profit. That said, Guberman indicated that he'd be willing to work with Valve on a commercial variant of Trudi.

I'm a bit torn on this. A toy with a motion/weight sensor in it is hardly groundbreaking, and a professional toy company - like the ones who are already making the talking Left For Dead plushies - would make a much nicer version. So these guys are looking to approach Valve and take a cut of the profit for what exactly? Doing it first?

I'm not knocking how cute the turret is... just the idea that they should end up profiting from something that feels a bit inevitable anyway.

....regardless of who does it or why, I want one.

1st thought: But wouldn't the copyright problems arise with Aperature instead of some gaming company?

2nd thought: The world ends when they make a Glados version

3rd thought: I hope there will be some way to make these things play the turret opera

4th thought: Take four of these with me when I go to summer camp. Program them to play the turret opera when someone walks in front of them. Set them in fron of a counselor's door overnight.

5th thought: Now they need to make a toy Dual Portal Device.

*sniff* I didn't kill the turrets always. I usually just put them in a corner and went about my business. I only killed them when there was no other option...

MY HEART... GAH!

DO WANT

Come on Valve make this happen!!! I would so buy one!

Okay, this is awesome and I'd be guilty of buying far more then anyone actually needs. But what I want to see next is a Nerf firing Portal Turret

I wouldn't buy it. Instead, I'd train for years in science to make a time machine, then go back in time and get a turret plushie before any of you guys could!

Ah I used to be terrified of those little guys but now I just find them so adorable. I really wish I had one of those. :)

do want!~

i kill them with the emancipation grid and laugh at their screams. am i evil?

*clears throat*

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!IT'SSOCUTEIWANTONE!

*Coughs* This concludes the "girly squeal" portion of the comment.

I hope they make ones for the cores next <3

Sweet jesus my heart it's so goddamn cute I just wanna pinch its little cheeks and cuddle with it forever and ever an-

Ahem.

Yeah, it looks pretty co-I WILL GIVE YOU ALL OF MY MONEY AND MY FIRSTBORN SON.

Any chance I can get one that says "I'm different" and gives me cryptic prophecys.

Words cant describe how much i want one. Oh and that Team Fortress 2 sentry gun thats in valves offices.

Nope. You're just like me! I like setting them on fire with the lazers! Burn! BURN! EXPLODE! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAaaaaaa......Cough. Okay. So maybe I'm not the best example. Still fun, though.

SomeBritishDude:
Any chance I can get one that says "I'm different" and gives me cryptic prophecys.

They make much more sense when you replay the game.

SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY VALVe!

I really want one and make a plastic version for immense fun

why does the valve store have nothing i want to buy
like that replica portal gun, or the turrets, i also want the 'beware of dog' sign from hl2
GAH
yet the put a store of useless **** in portal 2 *sigh*

I know this will make me seem incredibly stupid but could somebody please tell me how to make a thread?

Gabriela D.:

SomeBritishDude:

They make much more sense when you replay the game.

I get them now. They're still cryptic.

Like the GLaDOS=Prometheus analagy.

oh that is cute.
Valve, get behind this. You will get money from it.

So yeah...that's adorable.

Sell them to me please?

SHUT UP AND TAKE ALL MY MONEY! I WANT ONE NOW!

That was so simultaneously cute and awesome. I need a head exploding gif NOW

I want one, please, Valve, please make these!

I want one

And I also want a fat one that sings 'Cara Mia'

I am buying one of these and keeping it by my door whenever I have guests.

I also need guests. Hmm...

Would sell my kidneys for that thing 8U

Gah! Want!

You know how Valve got Weta Workshop to make them a working, (but unarmed,) Engineer level one sentry? I wonder if they'll make me a working, (disarmament optional,) Portal turret... that would be cool.

OMG I WANT ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They should expand the turret market into other things.

Like make a turret cereal bowl, then when you're done eating, "There you are".

Scorched_Cascade:
Step 1)Buy lots of these
Step 2)Wait till roommate is out
Step 3)Hide them around his room with lines of sight into various bits of the room
Step 4)???
Step 5)Profit

Not to break the meme, but step 4 should be "attach motion-activated laser pointers to each one". If he doesn't immediately dive for cover and frantically look for the nearest whitewashed surface, he's not a true Portal fan.

damn that is awesome. I have a friend who loves portal, and she has a birthday in 1 month, this would be a perfect gift! she'd go crazy if she got this lol

VALVE, PARTNER WITH THESE GUYS AND GET PRODUCING CUTE PLUSHIE ROBOTS!

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here