Hackers Offer PSN Credit Cards For Sale

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Everyone if you used a credit card on psn, just call to have it cancelled and get a new one

Sonicron:

cocoro67:
Hopefully the Hackers who shall be enjoying a nice lawsuit along with more if they get caught.

Honestly, if the identity/identities of the hacker(s) in question is ever found out, I believe it's highly likely someone would actually kill them. Rather quickly, too.

Probably can't say I would ever take a second glance at the fuckers who feel they're in the right to hold millions of people's personal/financial data.

Lesson to learn from here, be careful what details you put into online services, you can always use stock google adresses and pre-paid cards for services like PSN/ X-Box live (I think?)

This is getting on my nerves. My card hasn't been used by anyone else lately, but it's forcing me to take what's left so as soon as PSN is fixed, I can't get any of my money taken away. Thank goodness my card expires next month (now that it's May).

*kisses PSN card repeatedly*

My gods thats scary.

Kinda makes me happy me and the hub have a 360.

Though I play EQ2 so I hope these hackers don't come for SOE next.

...yikes!

HankMan:
Someone needs to held accountable

I see what you did there ;] But, this is tragic news to the ps3 owners

Well at my local Flea market I notice something odd that doesn't really happen all to often some Booths were selling PS3 like 2-3 of them. I've seen like one in like a month but now I've noticed alot of them there.

I know Sony is hurt right now. but I sure they'll pull through hell if they can get them selves out of the Launch mess that the ps3 went through then I'm sure they'll pull through on this one.

I'm still kinda sad right now staring at my copy of MK that I can't play online because its down.

So glad I stuck with the 360.

That said, I use my Visa to renew the Live account.

If it can happen to Sony, it can happen to Micrsoft. Reckon I'll cancel that and just buy time cards.

Imagine if this happened to Blizzard/WoW subscribers... how many millions of people play that now?

Are debit card records also at risk? I use one myself.

Anyone else hear about how the number of accounts hacked went over 100 million? Yeah... this makes me glad I play PC... but it also makes me facepalm at Sony for their arrogance.

Anoctris:
So glad I stuck with the 360.

That said, I use my Visa to renew the Live account.

If it can happen to Sony, it can happen to Micrsoft. Reckon I'll cancel that and just buy time cards.

Imagine if this happened to Blizzard/WoW subscribers... how many millions of people play that now?

I'm fairly certain Blizzard uses entirely different methods to secure their information, but it isn't impossible for such a thing to happen. Also, around 11-12 million, nowhere quite as big as Sony's numbers.

lol, well that sucks.
Good thing I don't own a PS3

@Longsight
i like you, you can stay. :)
since posting i have done more research and know you're right.
it's just nice to be told you're wrong politely.

"I don't have any real evidence, but dude, they like, totally have them. Trust me."

Because a security analyst would have no reason to exaggerate the effects of a security breach.

And what was that thing about the encryption? There's a database where the numbers aren't encrypted? That makes no sense. If you're going to encrypt them, you encrypt them and then decrypt them when they're needed. You don't have the "encrypted" database and the "main" database. This guy is just trying to add fuel to the fire to get some free advertisement out of all of this.

Misho-:
Are debit cards at risk? I mean it's a silly question but I used a Debit Card, not a Credit card to purchase stuff. Well at any rate this made me feel real bad... I feel nausea now.

Edit: Thanks for all the replies... I'm talking with my bank as I type this.

yes very much so

not calling you stupid, but at my job near about 99% of people who call in on our fraud system get super pissed off saying "but thats impossible, i have a debit card!!!!!!" and im sitting there thinking "uh...yea so what? it's near the same as a credit card just it has a damn limit on it."

just call your bank and they will be able to shut down your card there on the spot and send you out a new one on the spot, as simple as that. takes maybe 5 minutes.

gmaverick019:

Misho-:
Are debit cards at risk? I mean it's a silly question but I used a Debit Card, not a Credit card to purchase stuff. Well at any rate this made me feel real bad... I feel nausea now.

yes very much so

not calling you stupid, but at my job near about 99% of people who call in on our fraud system get super pissed off saying "but thats impossible, i have a debit card!!!!!!" and im sitting there thinking "uh...yea so what? it's near the same as a credit card just it has a damn limit on it."

just call your bank and they will be able to shut down your card there on the spot and send you out a new one on the spot, as simple as that. takes maybe 5 minutes.

Lol I knew it was a silly question but people usually talk about the Credit Cards and not the Debit Cards, so I just wanted to make sure.

I already have a new one, closed my old one and got some other extra things for extra security... I hope that's enough. I hate them cyber criminals.

Misho-:

gmaverick019:

Misho-:

yes very much so

Lol I knew it was a silly question but people usually talk about the Credit Cards and not the Debit Cards, so I just wanted to make sure.

I already have a new one, closed my old one and got some other extra things for extra security... I hope that's enough. I hate them cyber criminals.

no its fine, better to ask then to get screwed over, and yeah i get what you mean, but with all the new ways to get card numbers/info these days it doesn't matter if you have a credit card or a gift card from wal mart, they can get it.

each bank generally has some kind of privacy assist service, so if you got that then you'll be fine, and generally if you pay attention to your statement and call the bank to tell them there is fraud on your account, they will generally handle any charges that aren't yours.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here