Grecian Zelda 3D Pre-Order Bonuses Infused With Tri-Force Power

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Grecian Zelda 3D Pre-Order Bonuses Infused With Tri-Force Power

If you love the Legend of Zelda series, these Ocarina of Time 3D pre-order bonuses will make you move to Greece.

If you're unfortunate enough to live in the land of the free and the home of the brave, your copy of Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D will not come with any kind of sparkly, wonderful pre-order bonus (for now). However, if you buy the game and live in Greece, you can get an assortment of the greatest Zelda pre-order bonuses ever. Or at least some really good ones.

Nintendo's Greek website recently unveiled a set of not one, not two, not three, not four, but five Ocarina of Time 3D pre-order bonuses for those that buy the game from www.nintendo.gr. Let's start at the top: Deku Nuts. That's right, you could get a can of Deku Nuts straight from the Deku Tree, and they even come sealed with a pop-top.

Number two: an Ocarina of Time 3D DS case. Not quite as cool as the Nuts, but still better than a handful of nothing. Numbers three and four: an Ocarina of Time 3D hat in Link-green and an Ocarina of Time 3D keychain. See number two for opinion.

The fifth is arguably the best of the bunch: a real world Ocarina of Time ocarina that pre-orderers can use to change day to night, warp around the world, or call a horse to their side. To be fair, it could just be a replica that doesn't do any of those things, or even play music at all, but a boy can dream.

The ocarina, Deku Nuts, and DS case are limited to a certain quantity, so only some of those that pre-order will get their hands on these goodies. However, anyone in Greece that complains about getting just an ocarina should be locked in the Water Temple for eternity.

Things look bleak right now, but there's always the chance that a selection of the five will make it to other regions sometime in the near future. If at least one doesn't come to North America, I swear Nintendo, I'll just... continue to buy your products and be somewhat sadder than if one did. Don't try me.

Source: Nintendo.gr, via GoNintendo

I want the Case and the Potato Ocarina. That is all.

awww, I would of said "best pre-order bonus ever" if the hat was actually Link's hat and the ocarina was actually playable.

Oh well, not the best pre-order bonus ever, but damn near close.

I'd love that Ocarina :D I hope we get something simmilar in Australia

Ignore this reply, or don't.

Thats it I'm moving to Greece

"Come on!"
Keep saying it and they might follow us over here!

The hat was pretty cool.

other hten that though I dont feel like moving ot a country with a crippling economy bordering on falling apart, thank you.

We get enough of that in America. XD

EDIT:

Nevermind, was going by the pictures.

Oh, I actually thought it was a floppy green windsock that made up the hat, not a cap.

But the rest are cool too!

War Pony:
Oh, I actually thought it was a floppy green windsock that made up the hat, not a cap.

It seems like an apalling oversight to offer just a silly brimmed cap when they could instead have offered proper Link caps, and made an absolute fortune in selling hats.

Kinda like TF2.

Incidentally, what the hell are they offering as "real-life deku nuts"? O_o

Cool, cool; just one question. Of all places....why Greece? That's such a random choice. I mean I'm not knocking it or anything; it's a beautiful country and the world would be up shit creek without it in the history books. Still I have to wonder; did Miyamoto just tape a map to the wall and chuck a dart at it to make the decision?

I still don't see the appeal to buying the same game with higher res textures that's only playable on a smaller screen.

There's already HD mods for Zelda: OoT this just doesn't sell me.

Damn, nice swag. Get that to US preorders and I might just give you some money for this after all, Nintendo. I am usually powerless to resist sweet caps like that.

But why Greece?

Couldn't we just... Have it shipped to the US? Most online stores do international shipping. What's stopping us from having it shipped to the US?

Andronicus:

War Pony:

It seems like an apalling oversight to offer just a silly brimmed cap when they could instead have offered proper Link caps, and made an absolute fortune in selling hats.

Kinda like TF2.

If the proper caps were offered, I'd preorder the game despite not owning a 3DS. And then don it in hopes it won't pop off from the sneezing fit that would occur from dusting off the N-64.

Andronicus:

War Pony:

Kinda like TF2.

Let's just say that, if the Deku Tree wasn't genderless before, he most certainly is now.

*EDIT* Also, I would have done UNSPEAKABLE things to get a true legend of Zelda conical cap. Alas...

WTF? I want all of that. Almost to the point where I'd pre-order the game despite not having a 3DS to play it on.

I bet that all this is going to result in is Grecian people making a killing on Ebay.

It seems that Nintendo feels sorry for us and wants us to have the best pre-order bonuses. In any case, I have never owned a Nintendo console (I was a Sega kid and now I'm a PC gamer), so I've never played any Zelda games (though I do have the opinion that we should be calling them Link games), so I won't be getting this.

I assume nobody here trusts me enough to give me the money for ordering and shipping Ocarina of Time for him, so I won't put that into the table. Besides, the limited quantities make the risk not worth it.

The orcarina looks really cheap :( I hope special edition bonuses dont turn into mcdonalds toys.

tehweave:
Couldn't we just... Have it shipped to the US? Most online stores do international shipping. What's stopping us from having it shipped to the US?

I'm not 100% sure on this, but I'd assume Region Locking.

Ephraim J. Witchwood:

tehweave:

Everything past the original DS and DS lite are region locked, so North America is screwed out if importing is your plan. Unless you buy a European 3DS. But then you'd be stuck importing all your games.

Kalezian:
awww, I would of said "best pre-order bonus ever" if the hat was actually Link's hat and the ocarina was actually playable.

Oh well, not the best pre-order bonus ever, but damn near close.

My thoughts exactly. Link's hat and an ocarina that isn't a cheap plastic toy would pretty much be the best pre-order bonuses ever. Unless they were offering me actual Tri-Force powers.

The hat is a bit silly, doesnt even look cool. As others have said they should have made it Link's actual hat like this: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Zelda-cosplay-Twilight-Princess-Link-Hat-Costume-/330540079418?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4cf5b9593a

I think the ocarina will be playable, if anything it looks more complex than an actual working Zelda ocarina: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-OCARINA-TIME-REPLICA-LEGEND-ZELDA-SONGSHEET-/310314978187?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item484036cb8b

internetzealot1:
But why Greece?

Exactly what I was thinking, it's not like the Greeks are exactly well known for their love of gaming. BTW i looked up greece and video games and this is what I got

http://news.cnet.com/2100-1040-956357.html

although I doubt the validity of it and besides it is from 2002.

Still why Greece and not say Belgium?

Snotnarok:
I still don't see the appeal to buying the same game with higher res textures that's only playable on a smaller screen.

You don't see the appeal of something that's blatantly untrue?

Goodness me.

Meanwhile, in the real world, the whole game has been remodeled from scratch, Master Quest is included and improved upon, and brand new features have been promised.

Ephraim J. Witchwood:

tehweave:

Preorder it for the stuff then buy the normal game where you live.

As much as I love Zelda games (read: "Legend of Zelda", "a link to the past", "Ocarina", "Wind waker", and "Twillight Princes ), I'll think I'll pass on this.

spectrenihlus:

Ephraim J. Witchwood:

tehweave:

If I'm reading the website right, the Greek version costs 51 Euro which is about $70 US. Kind of expensive.

Ephraim J. Witchwood:

spectrenihlus:

Ephraim J. Witchwood:

If I'm reading the website right, the Greek version costs 51 Euro which is about $70 US. Kind of expensive.

It's a collectors edition that is pretty much what one would cost here anyway.

JediMB:

Snotnarok:

Goodness me.

Meanwhile, in the real world, the whole game has been remodeled from scratch, Master Quest is included and improved upon, and brand new features have been promised.

Nice condescending tone, drop the shield Nintendo doesn't need defending, they're a powerful multimillion dollar company like MS and Sony.

My apologizes if you don't find my opinion on the game to your tastes but, the gamecube port looks far more appealing than this, or the PC 'port' with mods, and it won't cost 300 dollars to play and you can play it on a nice big screen.

I am one of the lucky bastards that already has an Ocarina, thank you Greek, but I still won't buy the game unless it they'll remake Majora's Mask as well

Snotnarok:

JediMB:

Snotnarok:

Goodness me.

Nice condescending tone, drop the shield Nintendo doesn't need defending, they're a powerful multimillion dollar company like MS and Sony.

My apologizes if you don't find my opinion on the game to your tastes but, the gamecube port looks far more appealing than this, or the PC 'port' with mods, and it won't cost 300 dollars to play and you can play it on a nice big screen.

Oh, yes, I'm very good at the condescending tone thing. I do that when people blurt out blatantly false statements as if they were facts. It's not about defending Nintendo, but about hammering down ignorance.

The 3DS version will have everything the original had and more. Personally I'm also hoping for an updated battle system comparable to The Wind Waker or Twilight Princess. Regardless, it is superior to all other versions, and if you have some sort of bias against handheld gaming... that's your problem and doesn't have any bearing on the 3DS version's superiority.

spectrenihlus:

Ephraim J. Witchwood:

spectrenihlus:

It's a collectors edition that is pretty much what one would cost here anyway.

It's $30 more than the game here in the US, and if you add the two together, that's $110 for a copy of a game you can't play, a copy you can, and a little swag. Not really worth it, if you ask me. It would be nice if they bring the swag to the US.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here