Disgruntled Anonymous Faction Maliciously Attacks Anonymous

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 NEXT

Yes YESSSSS dance for our amusement Anonymous.

Braedan:

GLo Jones:
People seem to be unaware that Anonymous has suffered from civil war before, and the last time lasted about 1-2 years. However, this was before various Anons were wanted individuals. So we'll see how quickly this conflict is crushed now the stakes are so high.

I guess that serves me right for not researching neck-beard history before opening my mouth. I was under the impression they were just calling each other names about some girl in makeup though.

That's exactly what happened, it started out just that stupid. Unfortunately, Anonymous' trolling nature simply caused it to snowball.

Plus, what are you implying? Are saying you don't care about the history of the basement dwelling neck-beards? What is this madness?!

Sorta surprised it took this long, really.

Angus565:
Theres a good story to be written here...
I mean we'll need to exaggerate a tad, a few gun-fights maybe a car chase or two, but still an interesting story.

Or just do it "tron" style. That'd be the way to get the most action in it and not loose too many who have no idea about the whole thing.

I think this could get out of hand with us all being potential collateral... I mean us sat here discussing it is kinda something to draw attention to ourselves.

Hopefully they'll just fragment because this is every anon "member" vs the rest of anon since no one knows eachother or the alegences (in theory).

This was kind of bound to happen...
I'm not a fan of anonymous, but I do feel bad for all those random (possibly innocent) anonymous members.

See, the whole concept of Anonymous is pretty messed up. They want an amorphous blob of an entity with no rules, no hierarchy, no organization. They want to be a concept, not a tangible thing. And yet they fight each other over what being "anonymous" means or whatever, and as soon as an operation goes down it becomes a group. Anonymous wants to try to have their cake and eat it to, but I can't really see Anonymous winning out in the end.

Organizations (and make no mistake, Anon is in fact an organization) evolve over time. The development of some sort of leadership is only natural. Going against it is fighting a losing battle.

Jumplion:
See, the whole concept of Anonymous is pretty messed up. They want an amorphous blob of an entity with no rules, no hierarchy, no organization. They want to be a concept, not a tangible thing. And yet they fight each other over what being "anonymous" means or whatever, and as soon as an operation goes down it becomes a group. Anonymous wants to try to have their cake and eat it to, but I can't really see Anonymous winning out in the end.

It's not that messed up. If posmodernism is right, that's kind of the way for future forms of organization. Lacking an ideology to follow, common ground among self-interested people is all you got. And you can't expect stability from that.

Well, this won't end well. The power of a mob can be strong, but this is what happens when you rely on someone unknown.

Jumplion:

Well some anon will have to win, considereing it's anon vs anon.

But I do not get the fuss. Just ask the Almighty Moot for advice.

Hacker vs. Hacker.

Who

Will

Win!

Anons... are members of Anonymous?
Sorry if I'm not into hacker lingo :P

One Hit Noob:
Hacker vs. Hacker.

Who

Will

Win!

in all seriousness iv checked in on it and it seems that almost everyone is pissed off at the guy, their deciding weather or not to just make a new website or to fight a war with ryan for the old one.(please note im note sure of this)

trolls trolling trolls over who to troll

The way this is going, it sounds like a rebel faction trying to take down the leader of their country, only for one of the rebel leaders to go rogue.

I'm staying well away from this but I'm grabbing some popcorn and watching the fireworks from a safe distance.

HA!
really, that's all i can say.
can't help but laugh.

Dragonsoulq:
Guys its ok, I've sourced us a popcorn maker, Popcorn for all!

Thanks, mate!
*Quietly takes her seat with the other popcorn eaters*

This sounds like the plot to a sci-fi novel.

okay, if they're going to go about having names and having "factions"

I really wish they'd relinquish "Anonymous".

It's just romanticism bullshit at this point.

Figures. They try and make a "leaderless" collective and then a guy tries to take control (either way, someone was attempting to seize power here). I just hope this tears their organization apart. I've been getting quite sick of them and their support of GeoHot.

Ba ha ha ha ha, wait wait.....ba ha ha ha ha ha!

The people behind "AnonOPs" were starting to feed their own egos with PR and stuff. The whole SonyOPs thing was never popular with everyone (esp these guys that revolted, apparently), so they decided to try and break the whole thing up, with the hope that people would splinter off and go back to being truly anonymous, and not constantly trying to get PR, attract idiotic script kiddes to irc, etc. The guys that did it gave a pretty up front interview.

I'm reminded more and more about animal farm... Everyone is equal, just some are more equal than others.

anyone else reminded of

*facepalm* God. It's like they're LARPing, on the internet, about conspiracy theories, in real life, on the internet. Pass the booze and the popcorn.

I wish I was an Anthropologist. This would be an awesome case study.

Plurralbles:
okay, if they're going to go about having names and having "factions"

I really wish they'd relinquish "Anonymous".

It's just romanticism bullshit at this point.

Actually, Anonymous is like the physical embodiment of the Internet: immature, powerful and steeped in irony so complex, we can never tell if it's self-aware comedy or just idiocy.

I, for one, welcome our new Anonymous overlords. Whoever wins this fight.

danpascooch:

Daystar Clarion:

cursedseishi:
I guess you can say Anonymous...
*slips on shades*
doesn't know who it is anymore...

Have this.

http://people.rit.edu/~bss6378/instantCSI/

You deserve it.

Why is my college hosting a picture of sunglasses? And how do you know about it? Do you go to RIT!?

I didn't click on the glasses the first time because I didn't think it was a link to something else.

After revisiting and attempting to click (noticed the blue star logo), I nearly shat my pants...

This whole "Anonymous" thing reminds me of The Borg from Star Trek; several mindless drones (botnets, think of one botnet as one Borg Sphere) controlled from a central point (The IRC server(s)) until they end up in civil war after one of the drones gets a mind of it's own.

Can anyone else see the resemblance here?

Funny to read about anyway. The way this has been written up makes it sound as though all the members of anonymous should be wearing sharp suits and shades, carrying a gun and refering to each other simply as 'Mr Smith'. Then you realise its just a group of guys sat at their computer in their mothers basement.......still its entertaining.

A hacker fight has to be funny, i mean all they do is probably hack the computers of one another.

FaceFaceFace:
This sounds like an epic tale of political intrigue and in-fighting. I've never liked anonymous, and I wonder if those released IP Addresses will result in any arrests. Whatever the outcome of this specific schism, I think this may result in major splintering of anon in the future, and possibly even a complete collapse. One can hope.

Even if those IP addresses are released, the FBI can't make arrests unless the IP addresses are linked to an attack or illegal online activities. Besides, any entry level hacker can easily disguise themselves as bots, and roam anonymously online.

Just thought.

I never respected or took Anon seriously from the beginning, because they seemed to do more trolling than actual actions that benefited their "cause"

We need a new Anon.

It's articles like this that give Anonymous their power. If you ignore them, they'll go away. If you report on their actions in this manner, they think we all love them, instead of realising we think they're all dicks.

this reminds me a little of 'wanted: weapons of fate' :P

bad guy vs bad guy's

Daystar Clarion:

Have this.

You deserve it.

son of a bitch! you nearly broke my fucking ear drums!

In response, an AnonOps operator named Fontaine will send in a covert op named Jack to unknowingly take Ryan and his associates down! Would you kindly hack their servers?

I'm betting Ryan's first name is Andrew.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here