Professor X Freaks Out CIA in X-Men: First Class Clip

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Professor X Freaks Out CIA in X-Men: First Class Clip

If you want to get a room full of spies all hot and bothered, all you have to do is bring a shapeshifter and a telepath to meet them.

The release of X-Men: First Class is just weeks away and to make sure that our appetites stay well and truly whetted, Fox has released a clip of Charles Xavier - also known as Professor X - scaring the bejeezus out of the CIA with his mutant powers.

In First Class - which is set around the time of the Cuban Missile Crisis - Xavier's school works alongside the CIA. This means that this short snippet would have to be from near the beginning of the film, before Xavier convinces the agency of the importance of having a handle on the mutant situation. It's an interesting scene, with the younger Xavier - played by James McAvoy - much more openly defiant and antagonistic than the older and wiser version from the first three movies.

The question that this clip raises with me, however, is just how full First Class is going to be. From previous trailers we've seen that there's an introduction and "training montage" for each of the characters, as well as the growing rift between Xavier and Magneto, and the conflict between the X-Men and the Hellfire Club.

There's a habit in Marvel sequels to try to pack way too much stuff in, and thus not give the movie enough time to tell its story. Hopefully this won't be the case with First Class, as it's looking like it could be the first really good X-Men movie since 2003.

X-Men: First Class arrives in theaters on June 3rd.

Source: Blastr

Interesting Trailer.

I'm really hoping they don't screw this up, but that's probably going to be a false hope.

First class has been looking rather solid in every trailer. I do expect it to at least surpass the previous 3 movies.

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is how you make a statement.
Class dismissed

DevilSShadoW:
First class has been looking rather solid in every trailer. I do expect it to at least surpass the previous 3 movies.

It certainly seems to be a much higher grade of film than the original trilogy.

And am I the only one who thinks they could have done Mystic a lot better if she we'rent so dam blue.

Hell yes, all the good movies are out around this year's halfway point. I'll definitely be seeing this.

I really don't want to like this film, considering it felt like the studio just churned out a concept to hold onto the rights, but...

I'm interested. Although when I heard of the possibility of Wolverine in "First Class 2" I died a little inside. We've already got four Wolverine movies for god sakes, no more!

why would you bring a shape shifter into a room full of people who are paranoid for a living?
sure it makes for flashy entrance but so does almost every other mutant power.

oh and this movie does look good from what i have seen so far, may be worth watching.

i think it will be awesome, while other x-men movies that dont follow the comic storylines turn out to be horrible *cough* X-men origins: wolverine *cough* i think it is shaping up to be a great year for marvel films. any news on whether anything from first class will tie into the upcoming avengers movie?

teebeeohh:
why would you bring a shape shifter into a room full of people who are paranoid for a living?
sure it makes for flashy entrance but so does almost every other mutant power.

oh and this movie does look good from what i have seen so far, may be worth watching.

From the look Xavier gives her I think she was meant to keep that to herself. I'm guessing at some point Magneto makes him take her so that she can antagonise the CIA. Thinking about it does it even have to be Mystique? She could've just taken the form of whoever Xavier was supposed to go with.

More importantly if that is Stryker (Striker?) then he must be at least in his 90's during the other movies. Brian Cox is many things but he is not 90. I think a guy in his late thirties-early forties would've been a better choice.

Looking forward to this one, hope it won't a disappointment.
So far, what I've seen from the trailers, it looks pretty promising and epic.

manythings:

More importantly if that is Stryker (Striker?) then he must be at least in his 90's during the other movies. Brian Cox is many things but he is not 90. I think a guy in his late thirties-early forties would've been a better choice.

this is the marvel universe, do you really think they concern themselves with something as trivial as aging?

hope it makes up for the travesty that is X-3.

teebeeohh:

manythings:

this is the marvel universe, do you really think they concern themselves with something as trivial as aging?

I was going to say they can cure death but not aging... Then I thought of the Vulture.

Sometimes I wish there was a reaction to mystique other than 'WTF' or 'bonar'. Like 'kill it with fire!' perhaps or 'man, she would be the best wingman EVAR!'

If they wanted to tie it in they could just say that's the dad of the one from X2. This film does however intrigue me.

Xavier is literally the worst diplomat in the history of ever.

So, how LONG is this movie gonna be?

Still, you gotta love their reaction to Mystique. Quick question, though. Admittedly, I've never been one for comics, and only ever watch the series based on the universes (something I have in common with most people I know), but since when was Mystique allied with Professor X? And just how old is SHE?

That professor is a spy!

I look forward to the explosions. I don't need the story. Although I want to know more about those Jupiter missiles in Turkey...

Saltyk:
So, how LONG is this movie gonna be?

Still, you gotta love their reaction to Mystique. Quick question, though. Admittedly, I've never been one for comics, and only ever watch the series based on the universes (something I have in common with most people I know), but since when was Mystique allied with Professor X? And just how old is SHE?

It is my understanding she were pals with xavier when eric anc charles were still friends.
oh and I think her real age is unknown, i.e. she doesn't age.
Besides eric and charles, beast and mystique were the only mutants they brought back from the other movies since their exact age is unknown.

manythings:
I was going to say they can cure death but not aging... Then I thought of the Vulture.

Or Nick Fury

Priceless reaction.
This movie keeps looking better and better.

OOO YEAH! Jimmy in the back stepping up with the one-liner!

"There's a habit in Marvel sequels to try to pack way too much stuff in"

yech, keep Marvel's name out of the mud, its Fox thats ruining this series.

For some reason i can't watch the video :( "It is no longer available"

BlackIronGuardian:
OOO YEAH! Jimmy in the back stepping up with the one-liner!

I loved that part. And to the poster above who said Xavier didn't want Mystique to change, I think he was more exasperated that it had to come to that. He was revealing mutant powers, it was going to happen one way or another. He probably didn't want to have to resort to it, though.

You have to give young Xavier a bit of credit, though. He's not the old, wizened Professor X we know and love, he still needs to work on his diplomacy and tact. I think in that trailer he took Striker's comment as an insult and retorted, and it backfired. So Mystique had to step in to calm the situation before they called in security.

All I'm saying is give him a chance, we've only seen trailers so far so we can't say for sure that Xavier has a true lack of anything yet (even hair!).

Yoh3333:
For some reason i can't watch the video :( "It is no longer available"

I got that too, just keep trying to play it. It should play eventually.

Gah. I just can't see this movie as being anything but bad. I'm very concerned about both this and Captain America.

again.. the trailers looked nice... hope the movie it self is as good as the trailer says it is...

HankMan:
Class dismissed

See. If you did it like this:
And that,(remove Sunglasses) ladies and gentlemen, is how you make,(put sunglasses back one) a statement.

YEEEEEEAAAAAAAH

You could have had a David Crusoe Moment.
Couldn't find an image of him doing it so instead you get the Sexy Sam Winchester lol

OT: Can't wait for it lol.

Okay, I'm a little excited now.

Logan Westbrook:

It's an interesting scene, with the younger Xavier - played by James McAvoy - much more openly defiant and antagonistic than the older and wiser version from the first three movies.

Good Judgement comes from experience, experience comes from bad judgement. -Unknown

This is really starting to look like it'll be good. I've been expecting entertaining, but now its gone up to good. Still not expecting it to be great though. Ah well, will be in the cinema 1st week no matter what as I'm a sucker for Superhero films.

Really cant wait for this movie

This looks awesome!

Should be intresting to see if my relationship can survive my oogling over McAvoy for the entirity of the film. Wait, when does this come out? June? Ok, that's after Fleet Week. If the relationship can last that, then First Class should be no problem.

Donnyp:

HankMan:
Class dismissed

See. If you did it like this:
And that,(remove Sunglasses) ladies and gentlemen, is how you make,(put sunglasses back one) a statement.

YEEEEEEAAAAAAAH

You could have had a David Crusoe Moment.
Couldn't find an image of him doing it so instead you get the Sexy Sam Winchester lol

OT: Can't wait for it lol.

I did my weekly CSI joke yesterday for ZP, but I guess no one noticed.
I don't think there IS an actual gif, but they do have a button

You had me at hello

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook