Oblivion Fifth Anniversary Edition Coming in June

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Oblivion Fifth Anniversary Edition Coming in June

Bethesda is readying a Fifth Anniversary Edition of its hit RPG epic The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion which will include new Collector's Edition-style content and a coupon for $10 off the upcoming Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.

If you're an RPG fan who somehow managed to miss Oblivion, the previous entry in Bethesda's sprawling Elder Scrolls series, this is a great opportunity to rectify that oversight. The Oblivion Fifth Anniversary Edition will come with The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion Game of the Year Edition, which includes the Shivering Isles and Knights of the Nine expansions, as well as a printed map, a "Making of" DVD, a new Skyrim trailer and a coupon that'll get you ten bucks off Skyrim when it finally comes out. It's all collected together in a sexy Steelbook case with an original-look Oblivion slipcover.

This whole awesome package [which, for those concerned, does include the Horse Armor DLC as part of the Knights of the Nine package] is expected to sell for $29.99 which, when coupled with the Skyrim coupon, makes it a seriously good deal. The only potential downside, according to Nitrobeard, is that only 200,000 copies of this bad boy are being made and it's only going to be released in the U.S. The site also claims, rather oddly, that "it's going to only be ordered at your local 'mom and pop' game stores"; I'm not entirely sure what that means but at the moment the only online listing appears to be at Overstock.com, which has this new Oblivion release dated for June 28 on the PC, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.

Huh. I might have to check this out. I've been thinking of re-buying the game since I gave my old copy to a friend after not playing it for a few years.

This would've been flipping awesome, if Witcher 2 hadn't just come out.

Awww....I Live in the UK. Why can't I have a cool map?

I just bought the game of the year edition on steam! Arrrgh! >_<

Why do they do this. *headdesk*

Is it bad that I own two copies of the game and yet I want this?

I recently started a new game of Morrowind and then i see this.

Don't think of it as an Oblivion re-release. Think of it as a special Skyrim pre-order bonus.

This might be the time I get this game for the PC.

Cpt Corallis:

....wait...... I think the original release of Oblivion had a map with it...

Im almost sure I stole one from when I rented it on day 1.

still though, for only $30 and getting $10 off Skyrim, thats not that bad of a deal, too bad there is only 200,000 COPIES OF IT BEING MADE, RAGE!

Cpt Corallis:

The map comes with every (non-digital) version.
The 'making of' DVD was in the oblivion special edition thingy years ago.

The only selling point would be the skyrim discount.

Hmm... I already have this game and yet I'm considering this.

Also, Nitrobeard? Epic! I know the guy that runs that site. If you haven't checked out their podcast yet, it's pretty entertaining!

I already found a map in my GOTY edition....
its not that big but it does includes the shivering isle's.

... well, I need to go get it. Now. I don't care that this will be my third copy, I want it.

Aaand preordered. I need a job badly. Can't wait to get this in the mail.

Also upsetting (other than living in the UK) is the fact that it doesn't include Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul. It's how Oblivion should have been from the beginning.

Cpt Corallis:

Um...Oh, I got it! Because you live on a island, and the maps would probably get wet and ruined during shipping, and therefore they'd be wasted...okay, I don't have a good reason, but I tried.

Anyway, I've often heard how good this game is. Perhaps if it shows up somewhere that I shop, I'll pick it up.

I may pick this up if I can find it. 30 bucks (20 bucks after coupon), extra content, no need to horse around with game + patches + SI + Kot9 discs is pretty appealing, even though I'll probably never actually install and replay the thing anyway.

I'm a collector, god dammit.

ChillShark:
This would've been flipping awesome, if Witcher 2 hadn't just come out.

Can you decorate your house in human skulls? If yes, the witcher might be the best thing ever.

I would get it if it came out in the UK.

Damn Americans getting all the good stuff... *grumbles*

Kalezian:

Cpt Corallis:

....wait...... I think the original release of Oblivion had a map with it...

Im almost sure I stole one from when I rented it on day 1.

still though, for only $30 and getting $10 off Skyrim, thats not that bad of a deal, too bad there is only 200,000 COPIES OF IT BEING MADE, RAGE!

I doubt it. More like 2m of them will be made. They said the same thing for Halo 3 CE, as well as nearly any other CE out there (I am considering this on the same level as a CE). There are a lot more than they are saying.

OT: I will buy this, brother sold my copy (the bastard) and now I want it back.

Oblivion 5th Anniversary Collector's Edition, with all existing DLC, printed map of Cyrodiil, 'making of' dvd, and all bugs fixed and fully patched!!

...well 3 out of 4 isn't bad I suppose

Aahhh why not release it in Europe! I want the game on the disk and nobody sells it here anymore! At least not for the PC :(

I really want it. *cries*

...And I'm sold. I'll still put a pre-order down for Skyrim, but this is a nice incentive...

...Now bethesda, please announce the fucking collector's edition for Skyrim already.

I already own three copies of this game, might as well get a fourth copy (I got it for the X360, a steam version and Collectors Edition for the PC)

Can we have the "Morrowind: This is the Better Game" Edition?

Ha HA.. I kid...

...I already own the Game of the Year edition of Morrowind.. that will do fine.

Worr Monger:
Can we have the "Morrowind: This is the Better Game" Edition?

Ha HA.. I kid...

...I already own the Game of the Year edition of Morrowind.. that will do fine.

Or better yet, "Daggerfall: Morrowind/Oblivion ain't got shit on this" edition.
I'd buy the shit out of a remastered Daggerfall. With re-tooled combat it would make me a very happy camper.

Anyway, fanboyness aside, this is a good deal. Though I already own Oblivion and its DLC's, so this pack doesn't interest me much. Still, sweet deal.

Have they fixed all the bugs with Oblivion?

id have preferred a elder scrolls 1-4 with all the expansions and a few select mods edition for the 360, it would be the only way i would buy oblivion again since i have it and all the dlc

I've already got everything besides the coupon.

Besides, no mention of getting the Thieves Den/Battlehorn Castle/Wizard's Tower/Deepscorn Hollow? I am disappoint. Even knowing that they are included in the Knights of the Nine DLC packs, I still am disappoint.

Only in the US? What an arseish thing to do. >_< I want it! despite the fact i already have it...

Only in the US? Darn, that's a shame. I would have bought this in a heartbeat if it was available here in Europe. =(

If this doesn't have Horse Armor *shakes fist*

The Great JT:
Besides, no mention of getting the Thieves Den/Battlehorn Castle/Wizard's Tower/Deepscorn Hollow? I am disappoint. Even knowing that they are included in the Knights of the Nine DLC packs, I still am disappoint.

So if you know they're part of Knights of the Nine and Knights of the Nine was given a prominent mention... what?

Well thats annoying; looks like the rest of the world gets shafted again...goddamnit I don't want to import anymore games from the states;it was annoying enough doing that for my DA2 and Witcher 2 preorders

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Your account does not have posting rights. If you feel this is in error, please contact an administrator. (ID# 67218)