Modern Warfare 3 Trailer Kicks Off World War III

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 NEXT

Modern Warfare 3 Trailer Kicks Off World War III

The first official Modern Warfare 3 trailer is here to blow up everything everywhere.

The original four teasers for Modern Warfare 3 hinted at a worldwide conflict. The first official Modern Warfare 3 trailer makes no bones about it: The game will revolve around World War III.

In the trailer, New York gets seriously messed up, with combat helicopters flying at street level. England's underground rail system is going to need a lot of repairs. Soldiers in France engage in guerrilla warfare, while entire buildings are brought down in Germany.

Bad stuff happens in Modern Warfare 3, and who's responsible? The trailer's narrator says: "It doesn't take the most powerful nations on Earth to create the next global conflict, just the will of a single man." I'll let you try to figure out who it is.

The trailer shows players engaging in combat on land, in the air, and even at sea (or under it). No matter what may have happened at Infinity Ward, it along with Slegehammer Games, both named in the trailer, have put together something that looks gorgeous so far.

We also now have confirmation that Modern Warfare 3 will be released for the PC, Xbox 360, and PS3 on November 8, 2011. Huh, didn't see that coming.

Thanks for the tip EcksTeaSea!

Hell yeah. I'm hyped. I've always loved the Modern Warfare series, even the story.

Hopefully the multiple settings give some length, but that would just be icing on the cake as far as I'm concerned.

Please Infinity Ward, I can handle multiple deaths of player characters, but for the love of God
NO
FUCKING
FLASHBACKS!

Wow. And here I thought I was done with the COD franchise for good. Dammit, Infinity Ward.

HankMan:
Please Infinity Ward, I can handle multiple deaths of player characters, but for the love of God
NO
FUCKING
FLASHBACKS!

That was really on Black Ops. There was only one flash-back in MW, none in MW2...

HankMan:
NO
FUCKING
FLASHBACKS!

I think that there was only one flashback, which was One Shot One Kill/All Ghillied Up.
And well, Black Ops basically is a flashback.

Yeah. Trailer looked great, as usual. So has every COD trailer to date. The proof will be in the pudding and I have no intention of a day 1 buy.

I hope there will be a beta for those who are super excited for MW3.

Eh the story for MW2 was really a buzzkill for me, I'll have to hear more about this before I get excited/declare my hatred for something I haven't played yet :P

Didn't Kotick say that the COD series was a testament to the real life soldiers who fight today? So why the hell is the series going into such stupid lengths to one-up itself and make the threat of Russians or Muslims or whoever the enemy in apparently more powerful than nuclear arms? This series has gone so far off kilter that its a parody of itself right now, just trying to shock and sensationalize itself another stupid installment to earn a quick buck. Oh, and isn't the new IW made up of cannibalized workers from the old IW minus all the talent that made the first fun?

Goddamn it, why does this have to look so good. :(

I see another Spectre gunship section - in an urban section this time. If they can render all the buildings that are likely to come down that would be brilliant.

There's another MW2-finale-esque boat chase towards the end as well.

I think I trust this latest amalgamation of studios to pull this off properly, having seen that. Just so long as they do England properly!

I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.

I wonder if they'll prove Einstein right...would be interesting if they do.

Why are people getting so pumped up for this? It still looks godawful. I really don't get it. Have we learned nothing from CoD: Not Another WWII Shooter, MW2 and BlOps?

It's going to disappoint. Every one of the last 3 CoD games has. Or has everyone convinced themselves BlOps is good now?

Also why do I see a soldier with an American flag patch in France? I gotta think if we're getting invaded, we aren't really down for sending soldiers elsewhere, I think we've got enough problems.

Who the hell is even invading the entirety of the west? Russia? How and why? I asked this question in the teaser trailer, and not a single person answered.

They might as well have added "Herp derp" at the beginning of the dialogue. The Modern Warfare series was in the process of jumping the shark in MW2, it has finished that jump with these trailers.

My prediction: Crap campaign, crap MP, people pay out the nose for it anyways. I certainly won't be buying it anytime soon...if at all.

Man, I really want to see how it all ends, because call of duty 4 was fun, mw2 wasn't, and now I'm torn.
I guess I'll just end up renting it.

God, they have really given up, haven't they? I mean, they aren't even attempting to hide how astronomically implausible, 'splosion ridden spectacularly, "OMG Russians invading US!"-y, "WORLD WAR THREEEEEE!"-y this is, are they? The CoD series have gone so far from the roots of CoD4 that they're the distance between Earth and Mars in how far off they are from each other. Yeesh.

I so want to go into a rant about how implausible this is. And I shall. First off, is Russia the only major opposing force? If so, how the hell are they able to fight on all these fronts? Secondly, how the hell was Russia allowed to invade the US in the first place? Because of a massacre in an airport that happened to have a CIA agent there? So? How does that let Russia attack the US while everyone is standing idly by? And what about the surveillance cameras, none of the guys in the massacre wore masks? Furthermore, wasn't it the ultranationalist leader who started it? How the hell did the other countries let an extreme fundamentalist ultranationalist lead Russia to unloading hell upon America? And what about the US General? Is he just a fucktard because he wanted to start World War III "just 'cause"? Because he is. What the hell does France or Germany have to do with this? AND WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?

Still, looks interesting. I won't buy it regardless as I am in a personal boycott against Activision, but to those who are excited for it, I wish you a good game. I say that with utmost sincerity.

But my god, people, you've got to admit that this series has become practically a parody of blockbuster action movies. It's not even trying anymore, they're just putting whatever set piece they can think up in their brains and slappin' it in the game by now!

I feel like I've seen this before... About four times before, actually.

Frostbite3789:
sni[.

Conviced themselves? Wow... Just Wow... I am sorry but I like I cant even begin to comprehind how ignoratnt this post is...

Looks like Infinity Ward stopped pussy-footing around and went all out with their "teh Ruskies want to take over the world!!11!" conspiracy theory.
Certainly looks impressive, but it's a trailer. Trailers are supposed to be impressive. I'll wait to hear if they make a single-player longer than 4 hours before I consider picking this up.

...Heh, pussy-footing. Tee hee. :-P

Phew, okay. My fears are allayed somewhat. I thought they were gonna use nukes, then Activision and Bethesda were going to make Fallout Warfare 4: The Search for More Money.

So Russia is attacking the U.S., Germany, France, and England at the same time?

I don't really think the Russian Bear, despite how sharp it's teeth, could stand against the Bald Eagle, the Black Eagle, the Lion, and the... Snoody Frenchman?

Also, pause at :30... Why do soldiers in France have U.S. flags on their uniforms? I would think the government would be busy defending attacks on their own soil, I'm pretty sure the french are capable of defending themselves, if not even driving the Russians back. I know the whole stereotype of the "Cheese Eating Surrender monkeys" but will we really not be able to play as the french while in their own country?

Korten12:

Frostbite3789:
sni[.

Conviced themselves? Wow... Just Wow... I am sorry but I like I cant even begin to comprehind how ignoratnt this post is...

Hey, thanks for taking one line and not at all replying to any of the rest. You're a CoD fan and could in no way venture to explain a single thing?

But you're right, I'm the ignorant one. Ignorant.

Felt I was watching the trailer for MW2. Same graphics. Tought they would at least TRY to do something new, but I guess Battlefield was too much for them, and it hasn't even come out yet lol.

To me that just looked like they had copy pasted all the set pieces from CoD4 and MW2 into a new setting. Cookie cutter game making, exactly what I would expect from this series and Activision (except I'll have to buy the choc chips seperate) I loved CoD4, it is one of my all time fav shooters but I have no love for MW2. I'm not saying they couldn't turn it round but I am sceptical. I'll probably rent this to see where they take the already mental story but as for multiplayer...I think I'll be quite happy with BF3.

Adventurer2626:
Phew, okay. My fears are allayed somewhat. I thought they were gonna use nukes, then Activision and Bethesda were going to make Fallout Warfare 4: The Search for More Money.

yay spaceballs reference

It looks interesting, but i'd rather than it being entirely from the US' point of view (which it looks like, I think) it would follow the other countries who are fighting, hell, it's WWIII why can't we just pick a side and fight through a campaign? This one has me interested, but they could really mess this up.

looking good, i hope the multiplayer is this exciting.

please dont fuck it up IW

Frostbite3789:
Why are people getting so pumped up for this? It still looks godawful. I really don't get it. Have we learned nothing from CoD: Not Another WWII Shooter, MW2 and BlOps?

It's going to disappoint. Every one of the last 3 CoD games has. Or has everyone convinced themselves BlOps is good now?

Also why do I see a soldier with an American flag patch in France? I gotta think if we're getting invaded, we aren't really down for sending soldiers elsewhere, I think we've got enough problems.

Who the hell is even invading the entirety of the west? Russia? How and why? I asked this question in the teaser trailer, and not a single person answered.

They might as well have added "Herp derp" at the beginning of the dialogue. The Modern Warfare series was in the process of jumping the shark in MW2, it has finished that jump with these trailers.

im sorry but, if you are going to ramble on about how bad you think a game will be before it even comes out, then you need to get some facts straightened out, and the reason no one answered your earlier question is because it hasnt been revealed yet... also, it does not look bad at all, in fact it looks better than many other recent game i can think of.

Korten12:

agreed

CardinalPiggles:
looking good, i hope the multiplayer is this exciting.

please dont fuck it up IW

Frostbite3789:

im sorry but, if you are going to ramble on about how bad you think a game will be before it even comes out, then you need to get some facts straightened out, and the reason no one answered your earlier question is because it hasnt been revealed yet... also, it does not look bad at all, in fact it looks better than many other recent game i can think of.

agreed[/quote]

Well, for one, IW as it was known doesn't actually exist anymore. So, they can't really fuck anything up.

For two, they reveal enough to show the entire Western World being invaded, by an unknown enemy, perhaps Russia. Who the hell has the ability to do that? In the first MW, we set-up that Russia was weak and having problems between the current government and ultra-nationalists.

In two they're amazingly powerful enough to invade US soil, not only US soil, but Washington DC.

Now in 3, either them or some unknown force is able to invade not only the US, but the entire Western World. Oh, there's plenty here that needs to be explained. You just don't have an explanation.

Love it.

Don't even really care about the hate is this turn around.

Just to get this out there... World War 1 was put into motion by the death of one man. If you really over analyze every detail, the war is more than plausible.

Russia had lost the Civil war leading the Ultranationalists to victory. They had been searching for war with the US for any excuse. They also had the backing of Thisisn'tAfghanistanistan.

This is what I want. World War 3 in CoD.

Make it happen captain.

Looks great...kinda. It's gonna be incredibly script-heavy, and I'm ok with that, it's more of a 'cinematic' experience than most games, and it'll be buckets of fun.

I noticed around :34 the flag in the background seems to be nearly completely red, combined that with the vague accent that the narrator at the end has (I'm guessing Asian? Sounds vaguely Asian.) Perhaps china is getting involved and helping the russians... With that I can see Russia at least managing to put up a fight against all those countries.

Frostbite3789:
SNIP

who says its russia? or just russians?

the point im trying to make is that we dont know anything yet, so its foolish to jump to conclusions.

fair enough, if you are right then we've got a plot hole, but many many games have plot holes, in them, some you probably enjoy yourself. i think your issue with CoD isnt just this little side step. your using it as an excuse to hate on the game.

Spoiler:

You die..

Also map packs are $20 this time

Markov has now made WW3 cuz you killed Gen Knifeintheye

Also bad release date is bad...going to be playing Skyrim that week....

Boy this looks gorgeous.

I hope they don't fuck this up like they did with MW2 and BlOPS.

I'm really hoping for a better story this time, but either way I'll play it.

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here