Sony Hacked Again

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

These hackers have officially turned into Tom Green.

Fucking. Annoying.

theultimateend:

Sober Thal:
-"It is nearly impossible to run a totally secure web presence, especially when you are the size of Sony,"-

So according to this 'Naked Security blog' Sony won't ever be safe. Good to know. They will never get my credit card number. Hurry up Sony, pull your heads out of your asses, and get on the paypal wagon.

Yeah cause those never get hijacked.

You're a bit late for that remark, thanks anyways.

At first I laughed when all this stuff started happening.
Then I felt bad for the people who had their info stolen.
Then the hacking happened again and yet again, I laughed.
Totally came full circle.

At first I was having fun with the whole "OH NOES SONY IS BEING HAX0RD" thing, but it needs to stop now. Why are these hackers angry at Sony? And what can be done to stop this?

*sigh*

Sony, hire some "good" hackers to trace these attacks back to the "evil" hackers so these bastards can get some nice jailtime.

mythlover20:
These miserable bastards have got to get a life. Or at least have to inject a little variety into it. Why not attack Microsoft and XBLA network? Mmm? Why make Playstation people suffer all the time. Unless they're XBox fan boys. Then I'd understand. Well not really.

Because Microsoft never offered a feature for installing Linux so people could have homebrew and then snatched it away, then sued people who tried to get it back which basically says that they think they still own everybody's Playstation 3 hardware.

Remember, whether or not you agree with what Sony did with Install Other OS is irrelevant here. What is relevant is that a lot of these hackers do NOT agree with Sony, and are pissed off at Sony, and that's why they're attacking Sony and not Microsoft.

They never stop battering Sony. This keeps going on and on~.

"SONY HACKED AGAIN."

Seriously, that's just terrible, it's also sad.

Sad and terrible.

spectrenihlus:

Random Argument Man:
10$ if they catch the hackers, they will hire them to build better security.

I'm personally think their heads will be on pikes outside of the main Sony HQ.

Well, that's the problem. It's the Sony way of doing things and there are enough people that don't like it. Sony could have just said: "Ok, we give you your OtherOS back." but instead they (tried) to sue everyone that tried to do so beyond the moon.

Well... who would've thought.

You know, I'm starting to wonder about this whole Sony thing. Maybe it's not about exploiting some security vulnerabilities for the lulz, or stealing people's personal information so they can sell it. Maybe a bunch of hackers have gotten together and said to themselves, "Anonymous' threats have no teeth. Let's use our knowledge of internet security to bring down an entire international corporation. Just to show that we can do it. To put the fear of God into them."

And you know what? It sucks for Sony's customers, but if hacking can be the balance of power against huge corporations that piss all over their customers, I'm willing to call it a net positive.

Or did everyone already forget about that whole rootkit thing Sony BMG did in 2005?

Random Argument Man:
10$ if they catch the hackers, they will hire them to build better security.

Geohot tried that; cracked their PS3, then applied for a job. Their reaction? Law suit out the yang.

I'm glad nothing like this happens to microsoft....

Quiet Stranger:
These hackers are fucking douche bags and should be tried against a jury of their peers and then set up in front of a firing squad

That's... A bit much, I mean that is overkill.

HankMan:
Sony's security has got more holes than the logic of a Fox News Political commentator.

This is one of those rare times I actually agree with you in a likeable manner.

That being said, this is just further proof that Sony's security....bytes.

CrazyCapnMorgan:

HankMan:
Sony's security has got more holes than the logic of a Fox News Political commentator.

This is one of those rare times I actually agree with you in a likeable manner.

That being said, this is just further proof that Sony's security....bytes.

eh, I'm an opportunist

EDIT: oops, wrong person to quote, sorry bout that

Blatherscythe:

Quiet Stranger:
These hackers are fucking douche bags and should be tried against a jury of their peers and then set up in front of a firing squad

That's... A bit much, I mean that is overkill.

Eh, I'm an opportunist

Argh.
Enough already. Really.

The first hackers already proved that its childs play to hack Sony, so what the hell was this supposed to accomplish? just proving that they are small time hackers, something tells me these hackers are just a couple of nerdy tards who want in on whatever little action there was. Probably more of a bandwagon thing by now.
Also, for those who use their credit cards, or those that say sony should get pay pal... 1 Word, which is more or less 2 combined words, with an extra tidbit at the end, PrePaid Cards, yeah, they have them, thats what I used, theyre there if you didnt think the security was enough, its just a short walk to the local store, its a nice break from the pale-maker room you got there, also fresh air is nice ain't it? Dont mean to rub salt in an open wound, but my credit info is nice and secure, and I got loads of stuff from psn, should probly think about that before being so "gung-ho" to throw away credit info.

I really hope Sony employ a team solely devoted to finding out who all these hackers are, especially the one's causing the PSN derail, and punish them.

lol at those people thinking that this was a job of xbox fanboys, because that would prove they have skill to hack into collossal company departaments, even criple and get away with it.

the last sentence in OP is what i was thinking all the time. Also i saw someone mentioning that sony should hire those hackers, my opinion is that sony would do same as valve did and wouldn't hire them but put to jail.

Kopikatsu:

Sober Thal:
-snip-

http://ucclaw.blogspot.com/2009/09/paypal-account-hacked.html

Be sure to go through the comments, too.

Most Paypal accounts are hacked through your email, though, so it's 'eh'.

Phishing is not even half as bad when compared to taking a trips the organisation's database.

The responsibility lies with the user in this case.

HankMan:

Or it is skilled hackers being complete Cunts. Or script kiddies in which case your right it does have holes lol.

This is just getting stupid now. I don't think any struggle is being fought or won anymore lol.

mad825:

Kopikatsu:

Sober Thal:
-snip-

http://ucclaw.blogspot.com/2009/09/paypal-account-hacked.html

Be sure to go through the comments, too.

Most Paypal accounts are hacked through your email, though, so it's 'eh'.

Phishing is not even half as bad when compared to taking a trips the organisation's database.

Hacked is hacked is hacked, yanno? How it's done isn't really important as the fact that information (and money) was stolen.

That being said...I would laugh if Sony started sticking viruses in their own servers for hackers to find.

God, Sony is useless. I for one support these attacks, without them Sony wouldn't know how god awful their security is

Robot Overlord:
God, Sony is useless. I for one support these attacks, without them Sony wouldn't know how god awful their security is

So your saying we need douche bags in order to teach Sony how to protect itself form Douche bags.

Two things jump out at me here
"the nature of the attack suggests the hackers responsible may not have been particularly skillful"
and
"It is nearly impossible to run a totally secure web presence, especially when you are the size of Sony,"
I would imagine that they sony has the budget to at the very least keep out the less skillful hackers.

I feel like the Escapist is gonna start running out of ways to name these articles. I imagine the last board meeting ended with the boss saying "ok guys, I want 10 variations of 'Sony got hacked again' from each of you by the end of the week".

OT: And this gentlemen, is why sticking your dick into a beehive is a bad idea.

lord.jeff:

Robot Overlord:

So your saying we need douche bags in order to teach Sony how to protect itself form Douche bags.

No, we need douchebags to show the public how fucking awful Sony protects your information.

Robot Overlord:

lord.jeff:

Robot Overlord:

No, we need douchebags to show the public how fucking awful Sony protects your information.

Yes, from hackers who go after the information, without those kinds of people we wouldn't need to protect ourselves.

HankMan:

You do realize you've already won enough internets by now? We can't afford to keep awarding you them.

lord.jeff:

Robot Overlord:

lord.jeff:

Yes, from hackers who go after the information, without those kinds of people we wouldn't need to protect ourselves.

My point is, that maybe now people will question the company whom they're about to upload all their personal information to. I mean, the article says that these hackers werent particularly skillfull, I mean shit, I'm not gonna give any personal information to Sony again

Robot Overlord:

lord.jeff:

Robot Overlord:

My point is, that maybe now people will question the company whom they're about to upload all their personal information to. I mean, the article says that these hackers werent particularly skillfull, I mean shit, I'm not gonna give any personal information to Sony again

Then you might as well never give any personal information to anyone in e-commerce. Sony's no worse secure than some and probably better secure than many.

Oh for fuck's sake...

Would people please stop picking on Sony? I'm not just talking about hackers here; I'm talking about all the people who keep blabbing "I'm not giving Sony my info", "Think about who you give info to", blah blah fucking blah. Okay, to the first, why the hell should we care what YOU do with YOUR info? To the second, why don't YOU think for a second? When you have a gigantic company, it gets a lot harder to keep track of every single aspect of it. The larger your front, the more weak spots you are likely to have, and when people like this systematically bombard the company time and time again, of course they are going to find these hidden flaws! If people attacked companies like Microsoft with the same fervour, they'd be suffering just as badly!

I'm not some Sony fanboy here; I don't give a crap about anything they do outside of PSN. I'm just so sick of people shoving the "holy-than-thou" stick up their ass and, god forbid, even SUPPORT these bastards!

Delock:

HankMan:

You do realize you've already won enough internets by now? We can't afford to keep awarding you them.

It will never be enough!

Son of a bitch!! Sony Music Japan just got hacked!! It's like one-a-day.

http://www.mydroidandme.com/news/sony-music-japan-latest-to-get-hacked

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or