Key Grand Theft Auto Creators Extend Employment Contracts

Key Grand Theft Auto Creators Extend Employment Contracts

Take-Two has re-signed key employees of Rockstar Games whose contracts were set to expire in early 2012.

In an official announcement, Take-Two has revealed that longtime Rockstar Games employees Sam Houser, Dan Houser, and Leslie Benzies will be staying with the company for the foreseeable future. The trio's contracts were set to expire in January 2012, but they won't be leaving just yet.

The looming expiration date led analysts to predict that Grand Theft Auto V would be delivered before then. Both of the Housers and Benzies have produced, written, or otherwise helped with the design of the Grand Theft Auto series since its early days on the PC, in addition to other Rockstar Games properties such as Red Dead Redemption. The Housers also co-founded Rockstar Games in the late 1990s.

Take-Two CEO Strauss Zelnick told Reuters that the renewed contracts would last "several years" with similar financial compensation terms as previous contracts. Analysts believe that retention of the Housers and Benzies will help invigorate investor confidence in Take-Two.

Based on rumor, Rockstar Games was predicted to announce Grand Theft Auto V at E3 2011 or sometime this year. Now that this trio of key employees is staying with the company, it might not have to rush things quite as much.

Source: Reuters

Letting those guys go would have been a crime.

Rough tranlsation: These are our assets. You cannot have them. Keep your grubby mits off of them, rest of the world.

Wise decision all around, regardless. :D

Micah Weil:
Rough tranlsation: These are our assets. You cannot have them. Keep your grubby mits off of them, rest of the world.

Unless we get invited to go bowling again...

Smart Move Take-Two. Keep juicing those mind-grapes.

Excellent move Take-Two. You have my confidence. Now get out there and whip up some more magic! ^^

Now now...let's give them some credit.
I think they learned from THAT mistake... [/hope]

Just no more 'friends' and all is good.

vxicepickxv:

Micah Weil:

Unless we get invited to go bowling again...

It's funny, that part of the game didn't bother me so much. I'd like them to stop being so serious... They just don't do serious very well. Every time they try and make me cry they end up making me laugh.
Also, with the way they're going this gen, I have a feeling that if we ever see a game as massive as San Andreas again it will cost us about $100 in additional dlc on top of the $60 disc.

This is nice. Now where's my copy of Red Dead Redemption already? I'm not about to buy an unreliable junkheap with a 50/50 success rate to play it, I already have a perfectly capable PC for that.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here