Doc Brown Explains Zelda Chronology Using Time-Travelling DeLorean

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Doc Brown Explains Zelda Chronology Using Time-Travelling DeLorean

One timeline isn't enough to contain all the rescuing that the Kingdom of Hyrule needs.

The Legend of Zelda timeline is a confusing beast , and trying to explain it is a pretty mammoth task. Fortunately, there's someone out there who not only has a big enough brain, but is also sufficiently well versed in 4th dimensional thinking to be able to understand it all. That man is Doctor Emmett Brown Ph.D., the inventor of the flux capacitor and father of time travel.

As you can see in the video, Doc Brown takes the confusing timeline and explains it in a way that is both entertaining and simple. Well, ok, it's still not simple, even with the rather charming visual aids, but it is entertaining. The video is the work of Grant Duffrin, who wrote and directed the video, as well as starring as Link and pulling off a rather good Marty McFly impression. Further cementing his reputation as some kind of fan film Leonardo da Vinci, he also put together the animations, which, along with Doc Brown's narration, is the real star of the show.

What's a little worrying is that as crazy as the video makes the timeline out to be, it's actually only a snippet, and the full timeline - which Nintendo's Eiji Aonuma has confirmed does exist - is crazier still. The whole thing would take much longer to explain though, and there's only so much crazy time malarkey people can take before they go cross-eyed.

Source: Kotaku

That was seriously awesome.
Back to the Future has always been one of my favourite nostalgia movies.
And now it's combined with ZELDA!

Very well done.

Gotta love how often Ganon dies xD
Oh and he always escapes :D

Ha, I personally know this Doc Brown and had no idea about this... That's a bad sign for my social interactions.

Hilarious video though, some pretty impressive props but I think the Marty McFly life preserver at the end is the icing on the cake.

Not only does this video combine two of my favourties stuff but also explain the whole timeline in a funny way! Man you would think that Ganon would of give up by the time he is defeated by the tenth or so Link.

Really well done. A lot of effort seems to have gone into this. They even made Link left-handed :D

I might get in trouble for this but, What the fucking fuck? lol

Has anyone got a link to the actual timeline set out by Nintendo? I just want to see how confusing it is without this explanation

That Doc Brown would please the real Doc Brown. Hold on a minute...two Doc Browns? GREAT SCOTT!

I still believe Link is a Timelord.

It would be funny if this became a meme.

I don't mean to demean it, but I feel there's an awful lot of continuity that could benefit from this kind of explanation.

so that's how the Zelda timeline goes

Im not gona even pretend i understood anything of that( expect what events refered to the games).

It all makes sense!
"and remember the CDi games don't count!"

Very clever. Love both franchises. I've played through most Zelda games, and, after seeing that, I still don't understand it.
Does 'Excuuuuse me' Link still count?

Very clever. Love both franchises. I've played through most Zelda games, and, after seeing that, I still don't understand it.

'And then Link spent some time training with his crossbow!' 'Is that important or...?'

Link's voice was a little grating, but in fairness, I can't expect brilliance from someone who isn't Michael J Fox.

The Doc Brown impression was pretty good though...

Not wide-eyed enough though.

And to top it off, I still have no idea what's going on in the Zelda time-line...

It's amazing how the Doc was able to link all the games together.

The_root_of_all_evil:
That Doc Brown would please the real Doc Brown. Hold on a minute...two Doc Browns? GREAT SCOTT!

It's a... Pair a Docs!

Gotta love how that scrambled mess wasn't even the whole timeline...and it's still pretty much incomprehensible.

Haha, nice mashup!

I love how SSBB and Soul Calibur are also in it :D

Jungy 365:

No, considering there's no Triforce of Courage in that.

Well wasn't that straightforward and sensible, also amusing as hell. Seriously, great work!

That... actually makes sense. Kinda. Maybe not. Good video though.

"Don't forget Soul Calibur 2" XD hahah, that whole bit was moltern win!

Just brilliant, the actual continuity is just so damn confusing, especially if that stupid TV show counts as canon

Huh, I didn't know Zelda could do a Kamehameha.

I just look at it like a multi-verse.
God bless parallel worlds, like Sliders and DC/Marvel Comics.

This was pretty funny though.
The guy playing Doc Brown was the best part. Did a decent enough Christopher Lloyd impression.

This is one of the funniest things I've seen in a while. I love it.

As much as I love this, Zelda is the only thing where ignorance is truly bliss.

Brilliant, "and don't forget about soul calibur 2!"

That was freakin' hilarious, but I still stand by the idea that there is no official timeline. You're supposed to build you own "Legend".

I mean, mine is this:

And I know many, many people think I'm insane for it.

Lionsfan:
Just brilliant, the actual continuity is just so damn confusing, especially if that stupid TV show counts as canon

It never did and it never will.

If the CDi games don't count (as they shouldn't), then the show could be labeled as "anti canon" XD

Great Scott indeed!

/headasplode

The combination of two of my favorite childhood memories... Plus an explanation of seriously the craziest and most nonsense timeline in the history of gaming.

That was just plain awesome.

And the vest at the end! That was just icing on the cake. Those guys did a great job.

And navi is his tardis

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or