StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm Teaser Trailer Leaked

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm Teaser Trailer Leaked

The first teaser trailer for StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm has oozed out of the creep.

Get it while it's hot, folks. I'm not sure for how long, but the very first teaser trailer for StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm is now available to view, though it wasn't officially released.

GameTrailers posted up the teaser but then quickly removed it, lending it an air of authenticity. Quickly is never quick enough for intrepid internet users, who nabbed the teaser and uploaded it on YouTube.

Heart of the Swarm is the second game in the StarCraft II trilogy, following StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty. The Terran campaign was the focus of Wings, while the Zerg are the focus of Heart.

You wouldn't know it from the teaser though, which features Nova, a team of soldiers, and Raynor all going after Sarah Kerrigan. Raynor finds her, but I have a bad feeling that he won't like what happens next.

The StarCraft II logo also turns a pretty purple, going with the Zerg theme. Because of how the teaser was leaked, Blizzard may be planning an official reveal soon, hopefully accompanied by more information. The likeliest of venues would be E3 2011, coming up on June 7-9. As with most Blizzard titles, Heart of the Swarm doesn't have a concrete release date yet.

Source: Reddit

Nifty. Now are they gonna release the damn thing before I'm a senile old man?

OH SHIT! What has two thumbs and is excited as hell to continue this storyline?

This kid!!!

Cannot wait!

Hot damn that looks good...

Do want.

Well about freaking time. Could have gone for a Half Life 2 Episode 3 with this one just as well...or they could not because then the gaming community would have incited a witchhunt for the ones respponsible.
I am damn excited to see what happens, and if the storyline of a game is generally speaking more intriguing than the shinyness of the visuals, that's a good thing!

Top rated youtube comments have a point. Why isn't there more zerg rushing?

I am really wondering how they are going to segway into the Zerg campaign. Is Kerrigan gonna go rogue and start taking command of zergs as a human? Will she continue working with Raynor or start working against him? Just because she isn't Zerg anymore doesn't mean her mindset has changed.

I'm going to second the Youtube person in that while this is supposed to be the Zerg-centric game, the trailer shows pretty much only Terran soldiers.

Ah well, maybe this'll make me want to play StarCraft 2. If only for the campaign. I'm too shitty for multi anyway.

Nice trailer, but looks like a piece of one of the game's cutscenes. Reynor is in there, so it's good to me.
I don't get very excited about this because of what happened to ME3. Probably they will launch their Diablo 3 and next year we can see more SC2.
And I really think that Nova is a strange villain.

I seriously doubt they'll reveal anything at E3, seeing as Blizzard almost never has a presence there. They save all of their reveals and announcements for BlizzCon.

Why do we have to have everything "leak" these days? That PR trick is getting really old really fast.

Damn, this just remind me how much I need to play Wings.

oooo Nova... I like where this is going already.

Thank you whoever leaked this. It may be bad for Blizzard, but my word, Starcraft II was awesome and this simple look at one cinematic makes the perfect present.

Calumon: He must have been rubbing his feet really hard on the rugs to get that big electricity. The most I do is rub it and give Jack a jump. :3

Funny how the trailer for the Zerg campaign has no Zerg in it.

Uh Oh she's a ghost again! I think Raynor opening that door was a grave mistake!

Freechoice:

varulfic:

Does that fact, bug you?

Looks like that pillar didn't completely cure the Zerg in her after all.

I assume Nova will only be their if you went with her in Wings of Liberty, I wonder if the other guy betrays you if you went with him...

Jack and Calumon:

Calumon: He must have been rubbing his feet really hard on the rugs to get that big electricity. The most I do is rub it and give Jack a jump. :3

Edit: Actually, looking at the trailer closer, NOVA looks like she is leading an attack force to get Kerrigan back, so maybe if you chose her she betrays you, or it is always "who ever you didn't pick" in this case.

Oh, yay! Look, a teaser that shows absolutely nothing besides the now obligatory Nova being in there. Big whoop. Blizzard, leak better footage if you're leaking anything.

Not G. Ivingname:
snip

Do you honestly think this will be in any way affected by your choice in SC2?

Colour me excited. Still playing WoL to this day. The trailer wasn't exactly the most amazingly mindblowing thing ever, though. I was hoping for more Infestor.

HankMan:
Uh Oh she's a ghost again! I think Raynor opening that door was a grave mistake!

Freechoice:

varulfic:

Does that fact, bug you?

I dont know about you but waiting for this game is terran me apart.

blizzcon for more info god i hope so

savandicus:

HankMan:

Freechoice:

varulfic:

Does that fact, bug you?

The anticipation's keeping me tossing and turning at night.

I'm just going to wait until all three are released and buy them in one pack, as I have far too many games to play right now.

Ot: Uneventful trailer. On a side note: Wasn't that girl supposed to star in Ghost?

Allan Foe:
Why do we have to have everything "leak" these days? That PR trick is getting really old really fast.

This is probably not.
Blizzard is usually very serious about leaks. Eg. China head got fired right after the leak, pennyarcade comic about how tight info about Blizzard games is.
And this one is done by Gametrailer which is not unknown source, also Gametrailer is already actively taking down the Youtube videos, unlike other leaks.

icame:
I'm just going to wait until all three are released and buy them in one pack, as I have far too many games to play right now.

Ot: Uneventful trailer. On a side note: Wasn't that girl supposed to star in Ghost?

Yes, her name is November Annabella Terra, codename "Nova". She was the main character of Starcraft: ghost. In one mission of Starcraft: WoL, she is a playable character if you choose to side with her.

You description of the video is a little misleading to say the least.

Also, folks, it's a teaser. It's a shit teaser by Blizzard's standards, but a teaser nontheless. It's not supposed to give much away at all, and this one doesn't.
Despite the misleading description, seems like Raynor's trying to find Kerrigan and he very clearly shoots one of the soldiers that's working with Nova.

HankMan:

Freechoice:

varulfic:

Does that fact, bug you?

I do find it a bit... creepy.

Meh, it doesn't even show anything. Raynor yelling "Sarah". It doesn't get more vague than that. I hope they release a full length trailer in Blizzcon where you can actually see stuff.

Undead Dragon King:

savandicus:

HankMan:

Does that fact, bug you?

The anticipation's keeping me tossing and turning at night.

oh god. the puns. the puns!

Hammeroj:
Oh, yay! Look, a teaser that shows absolutely nothing besides the now obligatory Nova being in there. Big whoop. Blizzard, leak better footage if you're leaking anything.

Not G. Ivingname:
snip

Do you honestly think this will be in any way affected by your choice in SC2?

Yes, because we aren't excessively cynical. You shouldn't be either, because it garners you mockery later on if you overdo it and you're wrong.

savandicus:

HankMan:

Freechoice:

varulfic:

Does that fact, bug you?

Dang it, he said it right. Oh well, replace "Lisa" with "Blizzard", and it's still about correct.

At the end,doesn't he find her wearing a Ghost costume again? That's what it looked like.

Anyway,the trailer just skyrocketed to top on my "Can't wait/definite purchase" list.

It's a short teaser, yes, but Blizzard has successfully made me care again.

lacktheknack:
Yes, because we aren't excessively cynical. You shouldn't be either, because it garners you mockery later on if you overdo it and you're wrong.

With Blizzard, I'll take my chances. Don't expect too much.

Hammeroj:

lacktheknack:

With Blizzard, I'll take my chances. Don't expect too much.

Why not? They've never put out anything short of excellent before.

That suit...on Kerrigan...I feel the verge of a great wave, ruling under the 34 brigade coming...

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here