Minecraft Middle-Earth Will Melt Your Mind

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

I'm so proud of my fellow LotR fans *puffs with pride*. My mincraft skills are astoundingly poor, but I registered with them to help with the lore and stuff. Because they'll need it as most of the stuff about Middle-Earth is not in the LotR.

Jesse. <3

It's quite amazing, this.

SamuelT:
One of the players is named after something of Inheritance.

I am no longer interested.

(Sillyness aside, this is a little admirable, and more than a little pityable.)

I do get tired of people calling big projects like this pathetic. You can do a lot if you put the time in. That doesn't mean you have to put in all your time all at once. These guys probably do have lives.

OT: I hope when this is finished, they make it into a downloadable map.

Every time I see stuff like this about Minecraft, I immediately think: "Wow, these people are really amazing and talented to do all of this." followed quickly with: "...and they are wasting their talent here."

samsonguy920:

Something I just doublechecked as well, but on the Bridge where Gandalf confronted the Balrog, it spanned an empty and very deep chasm. There were no flames or lava below. These people need to proofread themselves. (The flames and lava were in a crack further back in the chamber that the Balrog leapt over.)

They are working with the limits of Minecraft, they most likely hit bedrock right there and couldn't make the bottomless pit without opening up the void which would just be a bright blue area, which would just look odd.

I watched all 45 minutes of that video.

why would anyone put so much time in something like this?

Why so much detail?

What made them decide "hey guys, lets make a scale model of the Middle Earth World! IT WILL BE FUN!"?

seriously, I could get lost without even trying in that world.

Fiad:

samsonguy920:

Something I just doublechecked as well, but on the Bridge where Gandalf confronted the Balrog, it spanned an empty and very deep chasm. There were no flames or lava below. These people need to proofread themselves. (The flames and lava were in a crack further back in the chamber that the Balrog leapt over.)

They are working with the limits of Minecraft, they most likely hit bedrock right there and couldn't make the bottomless pit without opening up the void which would just be a bright blue area, which would just look odd.

You mean the makers of Moria weren't able to delve too deep? Probably a good thing, really.

I've never seen lord of the rings. Probably never will

I find it amusing that the narrator sounds like Sheldon from The Big Bang Theory.
OT: I get that that's a grand accomplishment and all but... seriously? It seems like a bit of a waste of time, and it's not like as if you can actually do much with it.

"Please keep in kind you must be 16 or older to apply for the whitelist."
What a bunch of elitist ageists...

Well I certainly won't be able to see any of this stuff, they want to reserve it for some perceived over 16 'master race'.

I think these guys should try to cure cancer next.

Heh, well here i thought i didn't have a life ,.

Well, this is just about the most amazing thing I've seen in months. Good god, did they REALLY make it so huge that it takes six hours to walk from Weatherhills to Moria? How is that even possible?

I have never seen nor will I ever see again, anything this freaking AWESOME!!!

I must tell Jesse cox about this...Man he rocks

Well that was... amazing. The scale of it was just ridiculous, now my "big" house that i built looks like a tiny hut... Jesus, did those guys went all out on that project. But well done, lads. Well done.

I like all the people calling this a waste of time, when in the end playing games itself is a waste of time, also calling what they're doing a waste of time, is a waste of time. What they're doing interests them, you really have no right to judge them, or take away from what they're doing. In the end it's their time, they'll spend it however they please, just like you.

This is so beyond insanity I can't even being to imagine what it will be like when it is FINISHED.

Dear God... Why...

This is absolutely insane. My mind is blown.

I watched the whole thing. Not even the obnoxious narration made this world any less incredible. I'm very impressed.

This world seems to be constructed with a lot of love and care, and it captures the epic feel of a fantasy world. I wish they had the map available for download and solo play, just to wander around in.

That... Was... Amazing...

But we can't allow the Lord of The Rings fans to have all the fun! EVERYONE! WE MUST BUILD A SCALE MODEL OF WESTEROS! *Is a Game of Thrones Fan*

I'm not even a huge Lord of the Rings fan and I want to play on that map, just to look at everything.

Zarthek:
I'm going to go ahead and say that they just beat Minecraft... Also I want them to let us download that world for adventure mode, that would be amazing!

They win minecraft all the way indeed.

I mean, i did see some pretty cool things... but that beats them all. I really like the moria mine, this is huge and i just wish i could go out there and explore it.
Then i wish some cave systems like that, with the structures everywhere could be found in vanilla minecraft..

This is just disturbing, plain and simple.

If you think about it, it's actually not too disturbing. Everything on that server is the collective work of many, many, many people. Not saying that what they've achieved is any less grand...

OK, just how many people worked in this project? Because my brain melts at the concept of this being built by less than a thousand really REALLY dedicated minecraft gods.

Edit: OH GOD, look at this http://www.minecraftmiddleearth.com/worldmap you can look at the world in real time google-maps style. JUST LOOK AT THE SIZE OF THAT THING!!!!! Did somebody send this video to Notch already?

Holy motherfucker...
That... that's all I have to say. Fuck.

That's just fucking insanity. Impressive, mind-blowing insanity!

Excellent. Now somebody needs to build a scale model of the galaxy from the Foundation series.

Wow.
Now someone has to do the Wizard of Oz, and maybe uh . . . Discworld?

Dear lord, between this and the 3D Printer thing, I'm wondering how long it is until someone follows through on Notch's joking challenge to make a 1:1 model of Sweden...

It's like eating a hundred thousand really bland hamburgers.

First I was like "Meh, if I had a bunch of people and a load of free time and boredom I could do this..."

Skipped ahead to Moria. HOLY SHIT. Just... FUCK! How the.... Jesus christ. Incredible.

Also "All these cliffs are hand made" dayyyuuummm...

The goofy guys voice sounds familiar. Like, I want him to say, "that's not natural fire," or some some panic-ridden screams.

The voice doesn't really match up until about 1:35 or so after he's done panicing. But I swear it's the same guy!

OT: This is an AMAZING feat! I could never commit this much effort to Minecraft. I knew that one day all my creations would crumble, as the game would eventually fade into oblivion. But my god... someone get the worlds records people on the phone. o_o

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here