New Patch Gives Duke Nukem Pockets

Pages 1 2 NEXT

New Patch Gives Duke Nukem Pockets

An upcoming patch for Duke Nukem forever allows the tank topped one to carry four guns at once.

Of all the things Duke Nukem Forever did wrong, and apparently it did lots of things wrong, there were a handful of design decisions particularly aggravating to long term fans of the series. Not least amongst them was Duke's now puny upper body strength, limiting him to carrying only two weapons a time. Gearbox seems to have listened to the fan outcry and an upcoming patch, while not restoring Duke to his former ten weapon glory, does allow everyone's favorite steroid-abusing misogynist to carry four weapons at once.

The weapon carry limit will be increased for all platforms, but the PC version will boast a few extra tweaks. After the patch, PC versions of Duke Nukem Forever will support Valve' s Anti-Cheat system (VAC), Push-To-Talk microphone settings and will allow players to edit the game's Field of View, helping alleviate that zoomed-in feel that makes old-school PC gamers nauseous.

Gearbox hasn't specified a date for the patch yet nor finalized exactly what's going to be contained within. While you're waiting, you can check out the recently announced Hail to the Icons Parody Pack, if you're so inclined.

Source: Gearbox Forums via Rock Paper Shotgun

Is one going to be filled with his penis metaphor?

Still waiting for the patch that fixes the shitty campaign. Otherwise, I'm not impressed.

The weapon capacity enlargement is too little too late. Doing this without rebalancing the game - which means doing something about the ammo crates (like having them only give rockets for example).
I bought this game, played the single player campaign on the 2 hardest difficulties, played a bit multiplayer and don't really feel like this is enough to make me want to play more (or buy DLC).
I expect more improvements out of them if they want me to DLC.

For as bad as this game supposedly is, it's nice that gearbox is at least supporting it.

This would almost make me want to possibly buy it...
Neh.. who am I kidding.... I'm never gonne buy this, I'll just boot up Duke 3D again.
Or an old unreal, quake or other classic shooter.

Agreed - I've already beat the single player compaign - I don't care about the multiplayer since its lackluster anyway, and they're only adding 2 more weapons....yawn.

Well thats good news to hear.

Now can they please fix the aiming and hitboxes?

This might be a "too little too late" situation.

But it's always nice to see developers listening to their players

The Duke now has pockets? Hmmm ... I wonder what he carries in those pockets ...

Sorry, Gearbox, but you're too late. I never bothered with multiplayer, and I'm not gonna play through the campaign again just to see if the game got any better with 4 guns.

well i didn't think it was unforgiving Awful. it was clear that the high expectations would sour people more than the game deserved.

its good to see that they are trying to restore the duke. 10 dlcs (in one pack) later and we might have a proper duke nukem game.

The weapon carry limit will be increased for all platforms, but the PC version will boast a few extra tweaks. After the patch, PC versions of Duke Nukem Forever will support Valve' s Anti-Cheat system (VAC), Push-To-Talk microphone settings and will allow players to edit the game's Field of View, helping alleviate that zoomed-in feel that makes old-school PC gamers nauseous

Excellent!
now they just need to drop in twice the amount of enemy's, reduce the damage duke takes by about 15% ( like, adding an armour modifier.. )
remove 'that' level and it's all hail the king, the king isn't dead!

I suppose the production just.. er.. did not finish, eh.. >.>

Great, this is a huge step in the right direction but I do have to ask: if they were willing to do this, why did they wait THIS LONG to actually do it!?!?!

Why was this not standard from the launch!?

Of course it won't save the review scores but it's such an improvement I might just consider buying it now.

Not good enough! More weapons are required my liege!

Like seriously, have they not been listening? The weapon limit has been a universal gripe amongst gamers and reviewers alike. And we haven't been asking for more guns either; we have unilaterally demanded ALL OF THE GUNS!

Hail to the King!

It's a shame they can't patch misogyny and total fucking irrelevance.

Too little to late!

That said, the game wasn't all bad.

They shouldn't be working on DNF, they should be working on a sequel to Borderlands!

LEARN TO KICK ASS AGAAAAIN AND GET RID OF THAT LAME 2 WEAPON RULE

Looks like MiracleOfSound made a difference! :D

Good to hear. Funny how everyone is bitching, yet was praising the new Zelda game for having the brand new technology of upgradable weapons. Anyway, that is pretty cool. I already beat the campaign, though, so I can't see this being very useful for me.

Great news. Getting rid of the lame 2 weapon rule, but not breaking the game by giving the weapon wheel. It'd still be nice as a cheat code, but Gearbox is already giving the game 10x more support than most people thought they would. Also, Miracle of Sound lied. Duke's getting rid of the lame 2 weapon rule, but people are still cruel because he isn't doing it the way THEY want him to.

NLS:
Sorry, Gearbox, but you're too late. I never bothered with multiplayer, and I'm not gonna play through the campaign again just to see if the game got any better with 4 guns.

Gearbox didn't make DNF though, so...yeah. At least they are trying to fix what 3D Realms and Triptych Games did so, so badly.

I'm happy about this, but I've heard too many other bad things for me to even consider buying this one.

It still won't make the game any less shit.

Its literally the only game I have ever bought at full retail price and still deleted from my hard drive after just a few hours of playing.

That wont help your already destroyed sales

OH SHI DELAY
after people started an uproar

I mean....DNF fans couldnt wait an extra month for this...

Oh Well....good to see kicking yourself in the balls does make some people learn

Alright, now make a patch to eliminate an Unpleasable Fanbase.

A 4 weapon limit is starting to get on the right track, now all they need to do is just remove the weapon limit altogether and they'll be golden.

I did get distracted from the single player campaign, only did a bit of it before going back to TF2 and LoL... but I guess I can give it another go when this patch comes out, should make the game pretty easy though...

Eventually they will release so many patches that the game will become good.

manythings:

That would be a phallusy. ^^

The_root_of_all_evil:

manythings:

You bastard. You should be ashamed of yourself for that.

OT: What in the world is the point of this. They might as well let you carry any number of guns as possible.

And hell, weren't they saying a few months ago that they have 2 weapons only because of the console versions? Bullshit.

sravankb:

The_root_of_all_evil:

manythings:

You bastard. You should be ashamed of yourself for that.

I should be, but I'm really not :)

Well, at least that's something to look forward to when the game is eventually $5 on Steam and I pick it up.

I'll say what I said in the other post about this.

Four weapons is still not enough. Add a selection wheel that lets us hold all weapons then we'll talk.

Really I can't see how hard this is for them: Instead of pressing Y to switch weapon how about holding Y that brings up a selection wheel that has say, 12 slots? Then while holding Y scroll around using the analog stick to the weapon you want and release Y to select said weapon. Honestly, how hard can that be?

What about a health meter?

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or