Otakon 2011 Cosplay Gallery

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Otakon 2011 Cosplay Gallery

Nothing says "convention" like wearing full suits of armor in 100-degree heat.

It takes real courage to show up to conventions dressed in a fashion that makes normal people give you strange looks.
Good on you folks!

I thought you were gone from the Escapist!

But you came back. With pictures!

Ok, that 8-bit Samus just won the convention on pure genius and originality.

Also, is it just me, or is that Cammy packing something "she" shouldn't be?

You know what I love most about this gallery? Variety.

You got your common seen characters, minor seen characters, and then you see someone cosplay a character that makes me go "Ha! Thats a character I never though seeing!"

Wow, it's really nice seeing people put a lot of effort into cosplay.

I went to my second ever nerd convention (Ai-kon in Winnipeg) a couple of weeks ago and people there put in a lot of effort too. There was this group of assassins there all hanging out. One of them even had a working hidden blade. She was decked-out.

And there was someone dressed as the Companion Cube. Not just a person holding a plushie or something-- but they were one big Companion Cube. XD

Crimson_Dragoon:
Ok, that 8-bit Samus just won the convention on pure genius and originality.

Thank god I was not the only one who noticed that!

HEY, I saw Monkey D. Luffy in the background of that Portal lady's pic!

I always appreciate having a good laugh at cosplayers.

.. Unless they're hot girls, ofcourse.

well how about that

That 8-bit Samus was awesome. Whoever was in there deserves a medal of some sort.

teh_Canape:

well how about that

Good thing I'm not the only who noticed the difference.

And if I could just plug the fact that it's on GoG.com, that'd be great.

in the picture of Chell my sister is in the background with the two costumes that i made. I was a minecraft player with only the head and she was a creeper

Love the photobomb on 13!

I especially liked the zelda one with shiek

haha I love the "Do the Creep! (Haahhhh) Do the Creep! " guys :D that is well made costume(easy yes).

I wanna hug the girl in the Cooking Mama outfit!
That game was the reason i wanted to become a chef in the first place.

Why didn't you take a picture of me :(

I'm the thing in the middle with all the eyes :D

Thoughts:

Dashie doesn't seem very... skirt-y to me. Do blue jeans come in sky blue? (Sky blue jeans?)

Love the Sparrow outfit!

Carmen's got a pair of sensible flats and only switches to the red heels when needed. See, THIS is the kind of forethought required to steal the Amazon headwaters. (I thought she wore black heeled boots, though.)

The number of guys in drag really makes me sad. One of the reasons I prefer the oni Touhou shot to the crowd Touhou shot.

Old Spice Guy: For when you want to work hotel property theft into your cosplay and Little Bars of Soap Man just won't cut it.

8 bit Samus? Genius!

Animegao! AHHHH! RUN!

TimeLord:

Crimson_Dragoon:

Thank god I was not the only one who noticed that!

I saw the face and then scrupulously avoided noticing anything until I got to the next image. Glad to see I dodged the need for eye bleach.

Touhou and Old Spice cosplays. No words at its awesomeness...

Old spice guy wins the con... by far

no space wolfs...no space marines at all? *sad face* Well at least the ideas not taken then :).

Kinda scary seeing that dude dressed as Cammy. And I never realized that House Slytherin was so Emo.

The Escapist: The only site that posts cosplay and actually knows what each of them are. Truly leaps and bounds above 90% of the internet who declare that Sakura, Madoka, and Dokuro-chan are all from Sailor Moon.

Sonic / Shadow / Tangled cosplayers, nice work

The Old Spice Guy cosplayer made me lol !

he doesn't have the pecs to pull it off probably , but by God , he's trying ! and I still liked it nonetheless.

Cammy seems to be packing some heat...

#31: Oh god, dude Cammy.
#16: Kefka hates the characters from Final Fantasy X. Hate, hate, hate!
#14: Okay, who saw a Kuzco cosplay coming?

I so wish I could have gone and as a Alpha Big Daddy. It would have been awesome to be with the Big Sister.

Oya Manda! Those were some mighty impressive Mandalorian Costumes. Very Kandosii Vode.

As for the Jedi, apart from the very cool lightsaber, I'm not really seeing the Luke Skywalker. The Robes are more Obi Wan Kenobi, but the face reminds me of Corran Horn.

Hopefully next year #34, the awesome looking Shepard armor will have the forethought of giving it to someone who has the body mass to go with the part.

Better yet, build a FemShep armor.

The Great JT:

Feh. There was a guy dressed as Misty/Kasumi from Pokemon that would've put Man-Faye to shame.

No pics of the Star Wars Summit (or whatever you wanna call it). I was in that - and everyone was calling me Mace Windu, who I certainly was not - and there were some really nice outfits, like Darth Maul and Talon, the Apprentice (both games), a lovely orange Twi'lek, and a Miraluka of all things.

This may just be me, but as far as content is concerned I think Otakon has been going downhill in recent years. :/

SageRuffin:

The Great JT:

Feh. There was a guy dressed as Misty/Kasumi from Pokemon that would've put Man-Faye to shame.

No pics of the Star Wars Summit (or whatever you wanna call it). I was in that - and everyone was calling me Mace Windu, who I certainly was not - and there were some really nice outfits, like Darth Maul and Talon, the Apprentice (both games), a lovely orange Twi'lek, and a Miraluka of all things.

This may just be me, but as far as content is concerned I think Otakon has been going downhill in recent years. :/

They got a Miriluka in there? Was it a Visas cosplayer, or an OC? How many 501st members showed up. They're everywhere.

Soviet Heavy:

SageRuffin:

The Great JT:

They got a Miriluka in there? Was it a Visas cosplayer, or an OC? How many 501st members showed up. They're everywhere.

Just a simple OC. Granted, her outfit looked a like Visas's, and I think she understood how anyone familiar with KotOR could mistake her as such.

I'm not too sure about the 501st. I'm not really familiar with those guys.

I just remembered, these guys forgot the best outfit of them all: Dark fucking Helmet. :D

I'm having a bit of a rough time uploading pics from my tablet, but I'll have a link ready to peruse soon enough.

1. Why does nobody dress as Yuna who is hot enough to look like her?
2. Female Wakka? DO WANT!
3. Male Cammy? GAH EYE BLEACH NOW!!!!!!!!
4. Old spice guy is genius though please tell me he's wearing something under that towel.

I always enjoy the pictures of cosplayers. I especially love the pictures of the hot girl cosplayers. Though, I would enjoy pictures of hot girls in general. (hint hint Escapist)

There were a few that definitely stood out. The 8-bit Samus. Kefka (was that a female Wakka?). Old Spice Guy. Carmon Sandiego.
A human Pony? Should I be worried?
Not a surprise that it would be included as Mr. Funk is a known MLP fan

As for the Cammy cosplayer..... How about we pretend that never happened? Deal?

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here