Yup. That's Bobby Kotick In The Trailer For Moneyball

Yup. That's Bobby Kotick In The Trailer For Moneyball

The CEO of Activision is getting a cameo in Moneyball, but not as himself. Oh, and he's only in it as a favor to the director.

When the trailer for Moneyball first appeared on the Web, a lot of savvy viewers did a double take when Brad Pitt meets the owner of the Oakland Athletics. This was because the latter character bore an uncanny resemblance to Activision CEO Bobby Kotick. Well, it turns out that it was Kotick in the trailer.

Speaking to Reuters, Kotick confirmed his role in the movie (based on Michael Lewis's book), explaining that he wound up getting cast because of his friendship with the film's director Bennett Miller:

"We were having dinner and Bennett was talking about Moneyball and he asked me a little bit about an owner's psychology and what an owner would be like. I started reading the script and I said, I really think the words don't capture how an owner would react to this part of the conversation. I also loved Michael Lewis' book Moneyball . We were having this back and forth and Bennett said 'why don't you do it? It would make the role very authentic.' And I said, 'I will, but only if you made my Call of Duty Endowment movie.'"

Miller kept up his end of the bargain, creating a movie for Kotick's Call of Duty Endowment charity, which helps military veterans reintegrate into society.

Moneyball is due out in theaters on September 23.

Source: Reuters via Giant Bomb

I think Activision is a pretty cool guy. eh kills babies and doesn't afraid of anything.

After seeing 2 seconds of Kotick, I accidentally got caught up in the trailer

It seems he isn't that bad at all. YOU HEAR THAT ESCAPEES?!

I guess Bobby is a human.. though a terrible business man.

It was an offer he couldn't refuse...

Well, I think Kotick will be a good actor here, because it looks like Kotick's character is a stingy prick. Just like him in real life!

That's some pretty old news.

His face looks so disgusting, I have a hard time not imagining him punching puppies.

I FUCKING THOUGHT SO!

sorry, excuse my caps...I saw the trailer for this a few weeks ago and noticed the owner looked exactly like him...I scoured the cast list and couldn't find him so I just figured it was some random dead ringer.

So weird...the movie looks pretty good too.

Booze Zombie:
I guess Bobby is a human.. though a terrible business man.

You're joking, right? All the money he made and all the money he's going to make suggests that he is a pretty good businessman. He just doesn't know anything about video games and he doesn't care about them. That's the problem. There are tons of people just like him in every major corporation. Good at making money, but a bad fuckin' person.

Well at least his role fits perfectly. Her certainly has a deep understanding of money... and balls.

Sorry? I was watching the trailer for a movie with Brad Pitt that makes baseball fun to watch.

Who were we talking about again?

Booze Zombie:
I guess Bobby is a human.

I am guessing you never heard the word on Russell Crowe when he isn't acting. He makes Bobby look tame in comparison.

..though a terrible business man.

I am also guessing you haven't been watching Activision's numbers since he took charge, either.
Keep in mind that with all the guy's assholisms he has thrown out, he did something the US Government wouldn't do for its soldiers. Help them when they got back home.
The only real thing I hold against Bobby Kotick is dragging out Guitar Hero for so long. Nice concept, poor execution, terrible handling.

Yes a fat sidekick, I love fat sidekicks.

That can't be Kotick .... he has no horns, he looks nothing like satan.

But this can not be.

People keep saying Kotick is the very devil himself yet he is just a normal man .... you mean the people were wrong.

The horror.

^
^
I'm pretty sure they used CGI to cover them out to make him look more human ! <_<

but his dark aura is so strong and apparent , there's no special effect in the world that can hide it ! 8(

One Hit Noob:
It seems he isn't that bad at all. YOU HEAR THAT ESCAPEES?!

NO! I DON'T HEAR IT! LA LA LA LAAAA!

He seems like one of those people who exhales the scent of sleazy business practices into the room. A bit like the air that dodgy lawyers give off, y'know?

Next up, cliffy B stars along side the rock in "die alien die!"

I think He just likes movies with "Money" in the title. : P

Can't wait to see what Movie Bob does to this.

Bobby Kotick actually does look a bit like the kind of character actor that would get cast as grubby, unscrupulous business types - short, fat, ugly, and vaguely Jewish-looking.

I can't help but wonder why. As in, why Kotick? Why not someone far more famous for their role in buisness? Wait. Don't tell me Kotick is actually a good actor, because... that just... but...

They are making a movie on Moneyball? Alllrighty then. I guess we'll hear lots of talk about OBP, OPS, GB:FB, UZR, and WAR...

But I do love baseball.

BabyRaptor:
Can't wait to see what Movie Bob does to this.

If MovieBob has a job later down the road...

*Sees Mods* Oh balls..... (pun not intended)

*Gets taken behind a dumpster. You hear punching and kicking sounds, and cries of extreme agony*

*From his hospital stretcher* Ei'll prfafly fee fis mofee, eef onlee fecause mai faforite bafeball team ssucks raight now...

I expected a scene where Jonah Hill and Brad Pitt had this dialogue.

Hill: "So, you like my ideas?"
Pitt: "Yeah sure.."
Hill: "REALLY!?!?"
Pitt: "Na I'm just fucking with ya".

But seeing Bobby Kotick there....Wow...

I propose that Kotick quits the gaming biz and becomes a full time actor. The movie actually looks like it could be good.

samsonguy920:

Booze Zombie:
I guess Bobby is a human.

I am guessing you never heard the word on Russell Crowe when he isn't acting. He makes Bobby look tame in comparison.

..though a terrible business man.

I am also guessing you haven't been watching Activision's numbers since he took charge, either.
Keep in mind that with all the guy's assholisms he has thrown out, he did something the US Government wouldn't do for its soldiers. Help them when they got back home.
The only real thing I hold against Bobby Kotick is dragging out Guitar Hero for so long. Nice concept, poor execution, terrible handling.

I meant more the whole I.W and seeming disrespect for customers... but that is a bias, I do admit.

He's probably a great guy and I shouldn't let my bias just paint him red and put horns on him, was my point. But I still wish to keep the bias.

When you want an evil money loving businessman for a role, why not hire the best?

LMAO, j/k

People; Bobby isn't the Devil. He's just human and we all know that humans are the most evil vile creatures in existence. humans demonized bats because we don't think they're cute. THAT is some downright evil bullshit right there.

I feel we should be seeing trailers for Brad Pitt's other upcoming film, World War Z.

For the life of me I will never understand the level of hate that man evokes.

Well, at least he's doing it for a good cause.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here