Bethesda Introduces Skyrim's New Faces

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Bethesda Introduces Skyrim's New Faces

Even Skyrim's default characters are looking good. Except for the Argonians, who are looking terrifying.

A lot of time and attention has been given over to the different characters that people can make in Skyrim. But if you're not in the mood to make your own character, Bethesda has dozens of characters that it's made for you. What's more, it's released a veritable horde of images, so you can see if any take your fancy.

There are two hundred preset characters in all: twenty for each of the game's races, split evenly between male and female characters. They're an interesting mix of different ages, looks, and levels of beardedness - or in the case of the Argonians and Khajiits, hornedness and amounts of jowl fur, respectively. The face paint and scar options add even more variety to the portraits, and it wouldn't be all that difficult to completely transform the presets into something unique, just by changing those two details.

I'm also hoping that the Argonians have a special slider that lets you tone down the creepy, unblinking gaze. Seeing so many of them, staring at me all at once is giving me Jurassic Park flashbacks.

The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim comes out for PC, PS3, and Xbox 360 on November 11th.

Holy crap how badass do those argonians look!

Holy shit, on the male Argonian slide, bottom row, second from the right...

It pierces my soul...

Pretty good. But they should really think of some way to distinguish the Imperials from the Bretons in future games.

Okay, the Redguard look like Red Indians. NO ARGUMENTS!

XD

i feel that im gonna be scared if one of those argonians sneak up behind me.

Badass Argonians. But I really hate new facial shape of the Elves.

Bretons aren't easy to tell apart from the other humans, which is a shame, because Bethesda was supposed to be working on making the human races different.

These look amazing!!!!!!

Still... every game needs the EVE Online character creation system. That would make the world a better place.

Daystar Clarion:

It pierces my soul...

Scary shit, huh?

I'm really looking forward to making my own character... just a shame it'll take me upwards for 3 hours, like it did in oblivion, Fallout 3, Fallout: NV, etc. :P

Clever Girl.......Also am I the only person who is still struggling to tell which of the human races is which?

Did the human races ever look different? I don't remember being able to tell the Bretons apart from the imperials in the last games, other than a slight height difference and "scholarly" look.

But yes, I second the eve creator. Last time I played Eve I was more amazed by that than the spaceships.

Argonians have been my favorite since Daggerfall, I'm really looking forward to creating a few Argonian characters with Skyrim :)

I like how the default argonians are looking, they certainly look badass.

I'm glad they're including these. I never really got the hang of sliders. When I first played Oblivion, I spent a lot of time trying to build something decent but it never quite worked. Then in Mass Effect I thought I had something nice, but when I saw the face in-game on different angles and with proper lighting, I realised how ugly it actually was. Nowadays I just stick to preset faces.

Man, High Elf's look really ugly this time round. They do look powerful though. I like the look of all the races tbh. Imperial, Dark Elf and High Elf were my choices for Oblivion.

Edit: Actually the female High Elf's look pretty nice.

They need to dial back the "character" a little. It looks like the default human PCs are septuagenarians!

Why is every character covered in filth?

Leftnt Sharpe:
Clever Girl.......Also am I the only person who is still struggling to tell which of the human races is which?

No, I'm having trouble with that, too. Well, actually, I have the feeling that the last set was the Nords, so that wasn't that much of a problem, but everyone else, yeah, kind of hard to tell.

But I doubt that would matter. The more I see the Argonians, the more I think to myself "f**k Imperial! I want to be a lizard man!"

Also I'm not a big fan of any of the females in this game (Argonians excluded). Their lips seem way to big an glossy, as well as their eyes. Still, I'm sure I could change that, of course, so no biggy.

Nords are lookin' good! I am so happy I was able to pre order and get that cloth map!

These are the faces of evil! You must conquer each!

Anyway, on a more serious note: These look pretty good, there's plenty of variety as well. Woohoo!

Sober Thal:
These look amazing!!!!!!

Still... every game needs the EVE Online character creation system. That would make the world a better place.

Well I hear that the World of Darkness MMO is going to use the same system.

OT: Why does every post about Skyrim make the release date feel so fat awway.

Those argonians are so dam awesome and yet creepy. Those eyes just scream:

I hope they don't all do the permanent frowny-face in the game itself.

Other then that and the necks being a bit long, they look fantastic!

Anyone mind saying the names of the different races? I can't really tell them apart.

Very nice, my only complaint so far is that I think the eyes on the Argonians are a bit to small, unblinking, and capable of following me around the room. Also the necks on the Female Khajiit look way the hell too long.

Leftnt Sharpe:

Yes, the human races all look a bit samey, the only one instantly distinctive among themwere the redguards because of the constant skin colour.

I couldn't tell you for the life of me which of those slides was supposed to be high elves.

God damn, these look very impressive. I hope the character editor is extremely powerful. I cannot freaking wait :3

Awesome, the Dunmer look like they were pulled straight from Morrowind.

Buck Wilde:

Well, it was set during the time before soap...

Daystar Clarion:

It pierces my soul...

This almost made me spit my drink onto the monitor. Well played!

OT: Am I the only one who noticed that the female Kajiit were...off? It looked like they had very long necks, with little bitty heads. Anybody else see it, or is just me?

Other than that, they all look very good. Especially liked the Dunmer and the males from the last set (don't know the race).

Sober Thal:
These look amazing!!!!!!

I love how it has such an in-depth creator and then for a majority of the time you stare at your ship.

Err.. i dont know.. this isnt a nice showcase.

imho they are kind of stylish.. but all too brown and dirty. All with a seriously constipated expression. The only ones i find tolerable are the males.. brownish humans, page 10?

The elves are really ugly too.

The orcs look great. I can't wait to pillage towns again, in berserk mode.

Morbissus:

Is this a bad thing?

Buck Wilde:

Because the badass hero of Skyrim shouldn't look like he just got out of church...

SacremPyrobolum:

Sober Thal:
These look amazing!!!!!!

I love how it has such an in-depth creator and then for a majority of the time you stare at your ship.

BURN!!!

lol

I still love the game. Plus, the 'walking in stations' with your avatar thing is one of the next free expansion.

AnarchistAbe:

Morbissus:

Is this a bad thing?

No, it is a fantastic thing. The Dark Elves in Morrowind looked menacing, jaded and tough. Morrowind basically made you feel that you didn't want to mess around with a Dunmer, or s/he would cut your throat just by looking at them. That looks seems to be back for Skyrim.

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here