Morrigan from Dragon Age Controls Water in the Flesh

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Morrigan from Dragon Age Controls Water in the Flesh

These amazing shots of real-life magic don't use any special effects.

Morrigan was a great character in Dragon Age: Origins. The mage and her mother Flemeth enter the story early and - if you don't piss her off - Morrigan would stay with your main character until the bitter end. I personally never used her in the party because I played an offensive mage and didn't have a use for her but I always enjoyed speaking to her in camp. (Cue Barry White music.) Although I missed Morrigan in DA2, I am now assuaged by some awesome cosplay photographs made by Kira Winter, a Ukrainian living in China.

Winter has been wearing costumes and taking pictures for more than 10 years. She usually specializes in anime characters - living in China must be convenient for that, check out her tumblr if you're interested - but she took some extra time to photograph her friend The Kirana portraying my favorite female mage, Morrigan.

The water effects were a nice touch and it took me a few moments to figure out that Winter must have used exploding water balloons to achieve the effect. That's a pretty neat idea, and I liked that she didn't use PhotoShop to do it.

I'm not sure that the shots are one hundred percent accurate (the bathing suit top doesn't really match) and Morrigan was more of a shape-changer than a controller of water, but I loved the shots all the same. I included a screenshot of Morrigan from BioWare so all you nitpickers could pick out the nits.

For me, I'll just enjoy the pretty pictures. And hey, if you're thristy for more DA:O cosplay, this Leliana is pretty sweet too.

Source: Deviant Art

Lookzs kick ass, but waaay too innocent to be morrigan.

You had me at Morrigan Flesh

nice although i would also like to see the photo of just after the photo where she is very wet all of a sudden

PFFF... Morrigan doesn't control water... she controls FIRE.

OT: I think I just realized why I think DA2 was poor compared to DA:O..... because it simply didn't have enough Morrigan.

Morrigan wore a bra in Dragon Age: Origins? Guess I missed that part.

awesome lighting

twistedheat15:

I agree with this nitpick. Morgan looks more 30 to this cosplayer's 20.

I think I'm in love.
Morrigan was my favorite character in Dragon Age: Origins. Not sure why, though...

I fully expected to see pictures of Claudia Black turning on a tap. I must say I would have prefered that.

Having Alistair and Morrigan in the party at once, personally made my play through quite enjoyable xD

But yeh, if they make a DA3, she need to come back, even if it's only helping through a dungeon or something.

Riobux:

Yeah, it's when you have sex with her. I don't know why either...

Mike Kayatta:
You had me at Morrigan Flesh

^This

Riobux:

If like me you had her wear nothing she did indeed have a top on to avoid the dreaded AO rating. It was a brown bra with brown panties if I remember right.

Xan Krieger:

Riobux:

If like me you had her wear nothing she did indeed have a top on to avoid the dreaded AO rating. It was a brown bra with brown panties if I remember right.

Yeah. It was pretty bizarre considering normally all she had covering her breasts were her purple shirt.

I think I need to move to Russia.

chaosyoshimage:

Riobux:

Yeah, it's when you have sex with her. I don't know why either...

And ONLY when you're sleeping with her. Go figure.

On topic...Wow. That is beautiful...And it makes me miss Morrigan. She's going to the Deep Roads with me this evening.

Water Balloons are nice for recreating Water magic..... but there's just no way to fake Morrigan's original robe with "+8 to magical-Nipple-slip resistance". Or Yahtzee calls it "The power of wishful thinking".

I dunno.. I see this girl And I cannot help but to think she looks more like Merrill than Morrigan. Some stick on facial tribal tattoos and she would be a dead ringer for the elf.

Good costume, but the girl just doesn't look like she can be as scathing as Morrigan, still very pretty though.

viranimus:
I dunno.. I see this girl And I cannot help but to think she looks more like Merrill than Morrigan. Some stick on facial tribal tattoos and she would be a dead ringer for the elf.

And some pointy ears. Yeah, I agree with you. She's got the right face shape for it.

An attractive woman wearing a costume while popping water ballons?

I can think of worse things to take pictures of.

The cosplaying girl doesnt look very Morriganish.....BUT the shots and the water effects really are awesome.

Very beautiful photography, the cosplayer looks really nice too.

willsham45:
nice although i would also like to see the photo of just after the photo where she is very wet all of a sudden

Can't possibly imagine why, though she does have the bikini top.

All in all, great cosplay. Always like seeing people pull off reasonably accurate portrayals of characters.

More so if they're hot.

twistedheat15:

This, Morrigan is angry and tough and turns into giant spiders. These make her look like a 'white magic girl' or something.

They are pretty amazing photo's though.

Greg Tito:
She usually specializes in anime characters - living in China must be convenient for that

Wait, wait, wait, I'm confused. And here I thought that anime came from Japan. How would living in China makes specializing in anime characters more convenient?

Scytail:

Well, good luck with that, but this woman is a Ukrainian living in China.

OT: I've never been a Morrigan fan, but you can't deny the amount of work that was put in that costume. And by Jove, those pictures are gorgeous. I'm no expert, so I have no idea what they did to the lighting, but it's really, really pretty.

twistedheat15:

I concur. Not only is that fine young woman too innocent looking, but way too light and cheerful. Morrigan is a dark Gothic looking thing. A simple makeup addition or Photoshop filter could've solved that.

The Youth Counselor:

twistedheat15:

I concur. Not only is that fine young woman too innocent looking, but way too light and cheerful. Morrigan is a dark Gothic looking thing. Some simple goth makeup or a Photoshop filter could've solved that.

The look really suits a Merill or Leliana cosplay though.

Well this isn't really Morrigan.
But the costume is a very neat and pretty darn hot, do wonder how they got those balloons timed up up with the snapshots.

Damn, she's incredibly pretty.

Looks wicked.

Mr.K.:
Well this isn't really Morrigan.
But the costume is a very neat and pretty darn hot, do wonder how they got those balloons timed up up with the snapshots.

The professional cameras have that thing you turn on (word for it escapes me atm) that takes a buttload of pictures one after another. Just throw away most of the pictures, pick out the ones that timed up, et voila.

OT: Yeah, that doesn't really look like Morrigan. Great costume, cool shots and it looks sweet, but they kinda missed the target completely. Also, am I the only one that sees Photoshop work in at least two of those pictures?

Thats pretty cool, and it is nice to see the effort of not just photoshopping.

I always enjoyed morrigan actually. Being an elf warrior, she was always on my team, though I never seeemd to agree with her logic.

Very nicely done. I think this Morrigan has the attitude down better:
(never tried to link an image before .. forgive me if this doesn't work ..!)

Edit: Woot it worked ... now how do I do the 'Spoiler' hide?

Nice picturs and all but I dont see any resemblance to Morrigan.

Eleima:

Scytail:

Well, good luck with that, but this woman is a Ukrainian living in China.

Americans... still think USSR is here.

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or