Steam User Finds Misogynistic "Joke" Buried in Dead Island Code [UPDATED]

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Partezan:

Why would it be "Nigger"?!? It would be "BlackRacistWhore". The only "offensive" word is "Whore" which is no where near as offensive as "Nigger". The only offensive word is "Whore" and that is pretty general

Fine, BlackRacistWhore then. Whatever. But "Whore" is by no means general. It refers specifically to a person who sells their body for sex. In the broadest possible sense, it means someone who sells themselves out.

Then again, it's also frequently used as a slur against women, because women are frequently judged on the basis of their perceived sexual morality in situations that have nothing to do with sex.

Partezan:
The char gets her skill to do extra damage to men because she used her "looks" so calling a character a whore who whores her looks out is pretty appropriate at describing what's going on.

That doesn't make a damn bit of sense. How do her looks, or anyone else's for that matter, damage zombies? It's painful watching you contort logic to try to justify this. Why is it so hard to believe that the programmer may just be a sexist douche?

Partezan:
As for Duke Nukem, well, like I said, the only reason i would have an issue with Peruna is because she is EXPECTED to be taken seriously and is a "good character". Duke Nukem picks up crap and writes things on the wall with it... If Peruna picked up some crap and used it as lip stick it would be a different story. If the black supremacist was an evil character and someone coded them offensively to black people i would have a problem, but she is not, she is expected to be the norm, in fact someone to aspire too and the coder is saying NO. That's the way I see it.

If anything the coder is telling women "This woman is a whore and not someone to aspire too". It's not like she earned that skill by being good at assassin school, but if she did how would you be able to get away with targeting men so specifically? She would probably be good at killing people overall which is how the char should have been made in the first place.

And that's still pretty fucking offensive, because she isn't a whore in any legitimate sense of the word. And again, never mind the litany of other ways I listed before that he could have expressed this point, rather than sticking in code no one outside the company was ever supposed to see anyway. Why not simply call the ability "SexistPurna"? That conveys the point nicely in a way that is both much more accurate and much harder to misconstrue as denigrating to women.

Since you brought up her backstory, according to what i've read, she's a former police officer turned bodyguard. Maybe in those occupations she needed to learn specifically how to subdue men who are larger than her. Or maybe she just really does hate men? I haven't played the game so i'm not sure how she treats the human male characters. She did lose her cop job for shooting a child molester who was above the law; maybe she suffered a history of abuse and has issues with men resulting from it. I don't know. But both of those explanations make a lot more sense to me than your "magic whore powers" theory.

intheweeds:
Well, I wish he hadn't written that.

As a woman: it makes me sad. Hearing that makes me feel hurt inside. Not because I have some weird feeling that it affects me in any way, but it just hurts to know there are people out there who would write such things about women - at work where they are supposed to be on their best behavior.

As a woman with male friends: it makes me sad for them because this type of thought process is exactly the reason any women who mistrust men do it. Because a few men think like this and act worse, women are more careful around men. That isn't fair to men who haven't done anything wrong and makes me sad for them.

This type of thing should make everyone sad, really.

It is EXACTLY the same way with females, and it isn't going to change in the next hundred thousand years.

It sounds like a joke I'd make and not seriously mean because that's my sense of humor.

To be clear, whether you want to believe me or not, I treat women with the utmost respect. Unless she's some kind of physically violent psychopath, there is no excuse to abuse, mistreat, or insult them for the sake of stroking your own ego and asserting some neanderthal male dominance thing. I'm as patient and respectful as they come and it IS a damn shame that I'm automatically considered a dick by a lot of women just because there are so many chauvinist pigs out there that I happen to share an identical sexual orientation and reproductive organ with.

I just have a really sarcastic, dark and off-color sense of humor... but I know when to hold it back. If you're not yet used to me, I'll keep it as light as possible but once you know me well enough... yeah, "FeministWhorePurna" is something I will laugh at around you openly.

Really?

The company says its in bad taste, and its one moron who wrote that?
What is the issue?

Hagi:
Wow! That's actually too stupid and sad to be offended by.

This means a programmer actually sat there thinking about the most clear identifier he could use and he came up with "FeministWhore"...

Ah well, just means there is/was a programmer working there with the mental maturity of a pubescent. But there's likely plenty of them around the world, just a shame this had to end up in publicity. Stupidity is generally best reserved for drunken bar trips and anonymous internet rants.

That, or this is a labyrinthine in-joke that spawned somewhere in the past 4 years that dead island has been in development that was never designed to be offensive to anyone, kind of how on 4chan "fag" has absolutely no relation to either homosexuality or the tobacco industry. For example, one of my favourite minecraft server has, among others:

The Cancer Fortress(furnace house, also smooth/cobble and coal storage)
Severed Penis Square(an undeveloped forest)
Josef Mengele Bakery(a now demolished storage shack, replaced by a minecart station, still called that)

Try and figure out(as an outsider) how those got their names. Hint: it has absolutely nothing to do with us not taking cancer seriously or supporting genital mutilation and nazi ideology.

Archer666:

Stall:

Archer666:
Yeah, fuck that shit. Women's rights? The only right they have is staying in the kitchen. Hatespeech against women? Please, its not my fault they dress like whores and seem to believe they're equal to a man. Ain't that right, buddy?

And yes, video games are so much important than hateful language against another human being.

Um, alright. Your argument is so smary and sarcastic that it offers absolutely nothing of value, and it is a pretty severe personal attack on top of that. But I'll see what I can do. First, hate speech is bullshit. Second, it's not like a joke in a video game is going to somehow undo 50 years of women's rights. Third, who cares about hateful speech against another human being? In this day and age of instantaneous communication, why does it fucking matter? Don't you see this enough everyday to just not care? They're just words.

It's a silly fucking joke. Don't make a mountain out of a molehill.

Indeed, who cares about hate speech? Why yes, we should call Jewish people the K word, and black people the N word in the street. I mean, we all heard it enough in rap music and the internet, so we should be totally desensitized to that sort of thing.

Wait! Video games are violent, and we see this stuff enough not to care right? So, why don't we start murdering eachother? Lets make murder legal! Since its been around for such a long time, why should we care?

you really need to stop being so sarcastic. people might think you're serious

Consider me a feminist, and put it this way, I'm not amused. But I wouldn't like to see htis guy fired. I don't think that that'd change anything for women that are called feminist whores, or whores at all on the street every day, and I don't think he'd learn anything from being fired to save the company's reputation. I'd like to see him give a statement on this being a joke that wasn't funny, being frowned at, and that's it. It doesn't say anything about his programming skills, does it?

On the other hand, I think this skill isn't such a good idea at all, because it conjures up te image of the "feminazi", the crazy menhating woman that always wanted to kill men and finally has a chance to do it. That's how many people see feminists, Including some feiminists.

My idea of feminism is a more philosophical approach, and it is about having a choice in how to live your life, to be a princess, or to be a "slut", to dress pretty or to run around in rags. Our society has few gender stereotypes to conform to, and even these feminists are just another gender stereotype in my book...

11 pages on this? Really? It's just a stupid line of code gang. No need to get all up in arms about something so trivial.

Magnikai:
11 pages on this? Really? It's just a stupid line of code gang. No need to get all up in arms about something so trivial.

about 8 of those pages are posts saying exactly this.

Purna is a character type who I have seen asked for in podcasts, forums and suchlike. She's female, strong willed and also aborigine.

She is just not the usual 30 somthing white guy with brown hair. That was great and I really admired it.

But now this.

I'm not angry or enraged. I'm just dissapointed that what could have be seen as a step forward for the industry no matter how small is now tainted by the apparent view of a person who has input into this character.

I had an argument recently with a friend when I mentioned I was sick of playing male characters in FPS games. It came about when I said I felt that making scenarios like Crysis 2 and using the Warhammer lore seemed like an excuse to push female characters out of the games. We can't be in Medal of Honour or Modern Warfare (for obvious reasons) and they seem to want to exclude us from futuristic shooters as well?

I have noticed that Mass Effect 2 and Fallout 3 and Vegas have a huge female following. The core gameplay isn't really that different from the games that the industry demographics say women don't like. Is it the dialogue and rpg aspects or the fact that you can play as a woman the issue? It would be interesting I think for someone to look into that. These developers may be missing a huge chunk of the market simply because they don't want to have a female avatar.

I am not really that angry about this errant bit of code, but it has made me think about these gaming issues a bit more.

Imma admit, I laughed. It's not serious and noone was meant to see it, so whats the big deal?

So wait, having a woman in a thigh hugging dress who refuses to take off her stilleto heels, despite a ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE isn't misogynistic enough? This story is kinda like not seeing the forest for the trees.

xXxJessicaxXx:

I had an argument recently with a friend when I mentioned I was sick of playing male characters in FPS games. It came about when I said I felt that making scenarios like Crysis 2 and using the Warhammer lore seemed like an excuse to push female characters out of the games. We can't be in Medal of Honour or Modern Warfare (for obvious reasons) and they seem to want to exclude us from futuristic shooters as well?

I have noticed that Mass Effect 2 and Fallout 3 and Vegas have a huge female following. The core gameplay isn't really that different from the games that the industry demographics say women don't like. Is it the dialogue and rpg aspects or the fact that you can play as a woman the issue? It would be interesting I think for someone to look into that. These developers may be missing a huge chunk of the market simply because they don't want to have a female avatar.

I am not really that angry about this errant bit of code, but it has made me think about these gaming issues a bit more.

Well, there's always Dawn of War: Soulstorm with its Sisters of Battle. You also have to consider that Warhammer 40k is a pretty male game. I played the tabletop game once a week for two years and I never saw a single female player. I'm sure that I would never see a single dude if I joined a hardcore knitting circle. Some things have pretty asymmetrical demographics.

That said, I completely agree with you in that we could definitely use more variety in game protagonists and I'm an 18-35 year old white male. The ethnicity and gender of the protagonist doesn't really matter to me in any individual game. However, when you can count on the protagonist always being a 30-something brown-haired white guy (the conformity is so extreme that hair-color is fucking part of it) then there's an issue. We need more varied protagonists just to keep things interesting.

More on Topic: The most interesting thing about this story is that some asshole pored over every line of code for some reason. I wish I could find a Youtube video of that one scene from The Simpsons where Ned Flanders is watching taped TV programs looking for something to be offended by because that is so appropriate for this situation.

I sure hope Techland didn't fire that guy for his silly little in-joke.

Undeadpool:
So wait, having a woman in a thigh hugging dress who refuses to take off her stilleto heels, despite a ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE isn't misogynistic enough? This story is kinda like not seeing the forest for the trees.

Well, Dead Islanders in general are pretty stupid. I saw one guy in a gameplay video who had enough time to set up a small compound yet was still dressed in nothing but swim trunks despite the aforementioned zombie apocalypse. The motherfucker wasn't even wearing shoes.

tmande2nd:
Really?

The company says its in bad taste, and its one moron who wrote that?
What is the issue?

That's the issue, there isn't one. It needs to be manufactured into an issue, otherwise those that need to feel self-righteous would go without something to be vocal about. (Case and point, this post :P)

It was a joke, it was meant as a joke. There is no need for spiels about what this says/means for society.

The dude responsible is probably going to lose his job, unfair? Not really, he included a personal sense of humour in something work related, his bosses didn't laugh when overly sensitive members of the public shat themselves over it. He played a game, and lost. He'll hopefully find another job elsewhere, might even learn that it's best to not have a sense of humour when making something for the general public.

Cuz, you know, we shouldn't have anything that makes a joke at anyone's expense.

Honestly, I really can't take this seriously. It's a joke. I've heard plenty of jokes aimed at women and plenty aimed at men. I've found many of each side hilarious. Everyone makes generalizations in one way or another, but we don't really let it take over (us logical ones anyway). Hell, I've been sexually harassed by a female before (no, I didn't like it), but I don't blame all women for it, just like how most women don't blame all men for everything wrong in the world. I think the day that we can hear these kinds of jokes and simply laugh and move on will be a better day. I'm already doing it.

I can understand the company being unimpressed with that going public, and how it could be taken offensively by some, but I can't bring myself to care. You'd think being female might have affected my view on this, but it really hasn't.

Whats even funnier is that Logan and Sam B. portrayals are actually much more "sexist". If anything, the female characters are more thought out than the males. Instead its just the men who are idiotic pricks, and the women are always the voice of reason in the cutscenes.

Trillovinum:

Archer666:

Stall:

Um, alright. Your argument is so smary and sarcastic that it offers absolutely nothing of value, and it is a pretty severe personal attack on top of that. But I'll see what I can do. First, hate speech is bullshit. Second, it's not like a joke in a video game is going to somehow undo 50 years of women's rights. Third, who cares about hateful speech against another human being? In this day and age of instantaneous communication, why does it fucking matter? Don't you see this enough everyday to just not care? They're just words.

It's a silly fucking joke. Don't make a mountain out of a molehill.

Indeed, who cares about hate speech? Why yes, we should call Jewish people the K word, and black people the N word in the street. I mean, we all heard it enough in rap music and the internet, so we should be totally desensitized to that sort of thing.

Wait! Video games are violent, and we see this stuff enough not to care right? So, why don't we start murdering eachother? Lets make murder legal! Since its been around for such a long time, why should we care?

you really need to stop being so sarcastic. people might think you're serious

My chief weapons are sarcasm and fear!

Jumwa:
Ugh. Gamer comments to anything feminist/women-issue related turn my stomach.

Not as much as this comment turns my stomach, I'm sure.

Gaming is a hobby/activity. It's not an ideology. It's not a belief system of any sort. You can't generalise the opinions of individuals on the basis that they all play videogames. That's just totally ridiculous. You might as well disparage the opinion of skateboarders or motorcyclists on feminist issues. Zero. Relevance.

cobra_ky:

Fine, BlackRacistWhore then. Whatever. But "Whore" is by no means general. It refers specifically to a person who sells their body for sex. In the broadest possible sense, it means someone who sells themselves out.

Then again, it's also frequently used as a slur against women, because women are frequently judged on the basis of their perceived sexual morality in situations that have nothing to do with sex.

Exactly, the character sells her self out because of her looks, her whoreness is very much implied in her bio: "She is hired not just for her skills but her looks as wealthy men did not mind showing up with Purna on their arm."

So someone who gets paid money to show up on rich people's arms... Someone the sells out for money... nuff said I think.

cobra_ky:
That doesn't make a damn bit of sense. How do her looks, or anyone else's for that matter, damage zombies? It's painful watching you contort logic to try to justify this. Why is it so hard to believe that the programmer may just be a sexist douche?

It doesn't make any sense, that's why you should take it up with the company who designed the character and gave her that skill int he first place, why should her looks deal more damage to main zombies?!? it's completely sexist, to BOTH men and women I think, but you seem to only care about the women for some reason.

cobra_ky:
And that's still pretty fucking offensive, because she isn't a whore in any legitimate sense of the word. And again, never mind the litany of other ways I listed before that he could have expressed this point, rather than sticking in code no one outside the company was ever supposed to see anyway. Why not simply call the ability "SexistPurna"? That conveys the point nicely in a way that is both much more accurate and much harder to misconstrue as denigrating to women.

There's nothing degrading to women in the name, the only thing degrading to women is the character as a whole since I don't believe the majority of women are sell outs or whores, describing Purna as a whore is pretty accurate tho and if women decide to imitate the character then yes, they are all whores and the coder offended all women, but then they deserve to be offended.

cobra_ky:
Since you brought up her backstory, according to what i've read, she's a former police officer turned bodyguard. Maybe in those occupations she needed to learn specifically how to subdue men who are larger than her. Or maybe she just really does hate men? I haven't played the game so i'm not sure how she treats the human male characters. She did lose her cop job for shooting a child molester who was above the law; maybe she suffered a history of abuse and has issues with men resulting from it. I don't know. But both of those explanations make a lot more sense to me than your "magic whore powers" theory.

That's my whole point, it's sexist to women to imply that a woman needs to whore herself out to do her job rather than relying on her skills, but that is what she is doing, i don't really understand how you can justify in any way a woman using her looks to get her way as not sexist??? Like I said, the coder is just pointing out WHAT IS ALREADY THERE. not calling her a whore does not stop her from being any less of a whore.

As for the "magic whore powers" IT'S NOT ME IMPLYING THIS BUT THE GAME IT SELF, I HATE IT< I THINK THE CHARACTER NEEDS TO DEAL DAMAGE EQUALLY AND IT'S COMPLETE MYSANDRY TO TARGET MEN AT ALL. There is no excuse. Put it in the context of a white man dealing extra damage to black zombies because a black guy robed him, so now he hates black people. Ask yourself how that could fly? The only way that would fly is if 1. The character was shown to be evil 2. The character was a complete joke. in the end i expect misandry from most people but to attack someone who is pointing it out is just asinine to me, especially when you don't even give credit to the source

Partezan:

cobra_ky:

Exactly, the character sells her self out because of her looks, her whoreness is very much implied in her bio: "She is hired not just for her skills but her looks as wealthy men did not mind showing up with Purna on their arm."

So someone who gets paid money to show up on rich people's arms... Someone the sells out for money... nuff said I think.

The bio describes how her male clients think of her, not how Purna feels about herself. In fact, that's actually a pretty sexist character description, since it's describing a female character solely terms of how men view her.

Just because men think of her as a whore doesn't mean she's "selling herself out" as one. She could be completely oblivious to it, or she could be painfully aware of it, and she hates knowing that some of her clients are hiring her just to be eye candy. Maybe she dislikes men in general for that reason, maybe she doesn't.

In any case, that bio doesn't say anything about how she views her relationships with her clients.

Partezan:

cobra_ky:

It doesn't make any sense, that's why you should take it up with the company who designed the character and gave her that skill int he first place, why should her looks deal more damage to main zombies?!? it's completely sexist, to BOTH men and women I think, but you seem to only care about the women for some reason.

You're the only one who said it had anything to do with her looks. You're the one who brought up her looks in the first place. I never thought her looks were relevant in the first place.

Partezan:

cobra_ky:

There's nothing degrading to women in the name, the only thing degrading to women is the character as a whole since I don't believe the majority of women are sell outs or whores, describing Purna as a whore is pretty accurate tho and if women decide to imitate the character then yes, they are all whores and the coder offended all women, but then they deserve to be offended.

She's not a whore. Attractive women who have jobs are not all whores. Attractive women cannot control whether their customers choose to hire them based on their looks or their abilities. You're holding women responsible for the decisions men make about them, and that is degrading to them.

What's she supposed to do? Be less attractive?

Partezan:

cobra_ky:

That's my whole point, it's sexist to women to imply that a woman needs to whore herself out to do her job rather than relying on her skills, but that is what she is doing, i don't really understand how you can justify in any way a woman using her looks to get her way as not sexist??? Like I said, the coder is just pointing out WHAT IS ALREADY THERE. not calling her a whore does not stop her from being any less of a whore.

As for the "magic whore powers" IT'S NOT ME IMPLYING THIS BUT THE GAME IT SELF, I HATE IT< I THINK THE CHARACTER NEEDS TO DEAL DAMAGE EQUALLY AND IT'S COMPLETE MYSANDRY TO TARGET MEN AT ALL. There is no excuse. Put it in the context of a white man dealing extra damage to black zombies because a black guy robed him, so now he hates black people. Ask yourself how that could fly? The only way that would fly is if 1. The character was shown to be evil 2. The character was a complete joke. in the end i expect misandry from most people but to attack someone who is pointing it out is just asinine to me, especially when you don't even give credit to the source

My whole point is that it's NOT already there. You chose to to build this narrative about a whore whose appearance can be damaging to men somehow. You inferred this from an in-game ability and a single sentence from her bio.

For what it's worth, i do think the Gender Wars ability is a pretty silly and lazily-designed one. Though it does make a bit more sense than a racially-based ability because men and women do tend to be quite different physiologically.

Assassin Xaero:
I bet if it said something against men on a male character, like "pig", nobody would say a thing about it being bad.

Of course not; it wasn't men who were neglected their rights for almost 5 centuries or more, now was it?

Zarkov:

Assassin Xaero:
I bet if it said something against men on a male character, like "pig", nobody would say a thing about it being bad.

Of course not; it wasn't men who were neglected their rights for almost 5 centuries or more, now was it?

So that makes it ok for bad things to be said about men, but not women?

Zarkov:

Assassin Xaero:

Ah yes, the whole I should go to prison because my great great grandfather killed someone argument. Love it...

Assassin Xaero:

Zarkov:

Assassin Xaero:

So that makes it ok for bad things to be said about men, but not women?

Yes, actually, yes it does. Because of our history of constantly insulting women, insults towards them are now considered severe. Insults toward men will never get any credible notice because there was never a point were men were mocked for being men. The ONLY reason we but stress on "FeministWhore" skill is because of the background of abusing women verbally. If there were no such history, "feministWhore" skill would be considered funny at most but probably just immature.

Zarkov:

Yes, actually, yes it does. Because of our history of constantly insulting women, insults towards them are now considered severe. Insults toward men will never get any credible notice because there was never a point were men were mocked for being men. The ONLY reason we but stress on "FeministWhore" skill is because of the background of abusing women verbally. If there were no such history, "feministWhore" skill would be considered funny at most but probably just immature.

No, no it doesn't, that's just your retarded opinion. Are you saying that a black guy has the right to lynch a white person that in no way oppressed them because their ancestor did it? Do you see how you are retarded? not sure you do...

The fact is men are CONSTANTLY been mocked for being men, being a man has become taboo in today's culture, they are constantly portrayed as idiots and it seems to have rubbed off on you.

Partezan:

Zarkov:

No, no it doesn't, that's just your retarded opinion. Are you saying that a black guy has the right to lynch a white person that in no way oppressed them because their ancestor did it? Do you see how you are retarded? not sure you do...

The fact is men are CONSTANTLY been mocked for being men, being a man has become taboo in today's culture, they are constantly portrayed as idiots and it seems to have rubbed off on you.

Oh, by the way, thanks for calling my opinion retarded. Sure, I shouldn't care what you think, but you act as though I hurt your precious feelings. Get over it... we are here to discuss not to "argue" per se. But alas, I'm on the internet, so I don't exactly expect manners when I get into a discussion with someone.

I think you're missing the point a bit. Sure, a white man shouldn't be lynched because of his ancestors, but the other black guy should be helped considering his probable state of affairs. Usually when one's ancestry had a hard time, this follows suit to other generations to follow it thus becoming hard to break. This is why special attention and reparations are paid to minorities and women in hopes that there will be no difference between them and the white man someday.

Oh yeah, men have it so bad. Let me tell you, with all the higher pay, better jobs, and generally better acceptance into institutions. You must live somewhere totally opposite than me, so to clue you in I live in America. As socially backward as we are, you can see the stand point from which I take.

When someone says, "get back into the kitchen", this is taken much more harshly than if a women were to have said "go watch football" or something that could be taken as a stereotypical comment about a man.

Do you see the difference and where history plays a greater role than overall equality? The reason we act harshly to something more than other things is because of past experience.

As a male feminist (yes, they exist. I believe in gender equality. Ergo, feminist. And, in the words of Linkara, "I AM A MAN!" *punch*), my take on this is a bit conflicted. The joke itself is harmless, and people genuinely offended by it need to relax. However, adding the code to the game proper, and not removing it, is grossly unprofessional, and the party responsible does deserve to be punished for it.

And if you were offended by it, enough to complain about the company being "sexist jerks" or such, here's something for you.

Partezan:

Zarkov:

I think you're missing the point a bit. Sure, a white man shouldn't be lynched because of his ancestors, but the other black guy should be helped considering his probable state of affairs. Usually when one's ancestry had a hard time, this follows suit to other generations to follow it thus becoming hard to break. This is why special attention and reparations are paid to minorities and women in hopes that there will be no difference between them and the white man someday.

Oh yeah, men have it so bad. Let me tell you, with all the higher pay, better jobs, and generally better acceptance into institutions. You must live somewhere totally opposite than me, so to clue you in I live in America. As socially backward as we are, you can see the stand point from which I take.

When someone says, "get back into the kitchen", this is taken much more harshly than if a women were to have said "go watch football" or something that could be taken as a stereotypical comment about a man.

Do you see the difference and where history plays a greater role than overall equality? The reason we act harshly to something more than other things is because of past experience.

I guess you don't see the insanity in punishing a group of people based on their skin color and gender. White women in America are the most privileged people on the planet, and you need to get your facts straight, men get paid overall more than women BECAUSE THEY WORK HARDER. It's ILLEGAL to vary cost based on gender, no one is "holding women down" anymore, they simply don't work as much and don't take as much risk as men do when it comes to business and hence hold less money.

Oh yes, feminists are quick to take pride in positive attributes like women being SAFE drivers, but when that attribute has a negative effect it must always be "THE MAN" oppressing them, um, no, anyone that's been in the work force has seen women put their hand up first when offered to finish a shift and go home early, yes some women work hard, but overall they don't and it has nothing to do with them being held back. This is why men are responsible for over 95% of on the job deaths, because they either end up very rich, or very poor or in the grave while women maintain the status quo.

So stop throwing around your brainwashed retarded feminists statistics, men get paid more because they work harder and pay for it, or did you forget that men live much less than women do or commit more suicide? moron, you make me want to throw up, I hope for your sake that you are honestly retarded and don't actually buy into any of your bull.

have fun! :)

"I guess you don't see the insanity in punishing a group of people based on their skin color and gender."

What? That doesn't even make sense. Can I call troll on this one, or what?

Let's ignore the ad hominem attacks for a moment, and think about your argument logically;

1. You addressed that the current wage difference between a male and a female is different because males work harder. Your argument, a generalization, is that males work harder than females [and there is no such evidence to support this claim] while my argument is that there is a bias against women in the work place which can be backed up by centuries of history. I'll move on, no need to discuss this further.

2. You argue that feminists aren't quick to take hold of the "negative effects"? And that women... are first to take off? Uh... you have no way to prove this, whatsoever. And then you say that men are responsible for 95% of on-job deaths?

Okay, so the underlying tone here is that women, on a generalization, are weaker in that they don't like to work so they take any chance to leave, and you also argue that women don't put themselves in harms way? I'm sorry, but you sound incredibly sexist, only because nothing you said there is in any way true. I'm a man and I've got a lot of work experience, and this has never been the case.

3. And then you argue that my statistics are feminists statistics and that... wait, didn't you just spout out a statistic just a few lines ago? This can't be true right? You did this on purpose right? Because if you didn't... oh wow.

I'm sorry, but this post has got to be the most hilarious thing I've read all day. Your post becomes increasingly ridiculous and contradictory until you call me a brainwashed feminist...

I'm not a feminist, I just form my opinions around what I think is correct.

And I was sitting here thinking that you'd actually make a viable point, but most of it is biased sexism, with a topping of ad hominem. And you didn't even address my most important argument: that past experience is what forms our opinions and insults now. Maybe because it's actually true, but you really didn't do anything to persuade me.

This has been a good time, and some good laughs, but it's gotta end before mods catch me calling you a troll and provoking you just for the hell of it.

So, Tchuss!

EDIT: Now that I'm thinking about it, he did call me retarded and was derogatory throughout his whole message, mods... -poke-

bahahah this thread is still kicking? off of one line of meaningless code?

my goodness

reminder to self: never make joke ever again, having a sense of humor and lightheartedness is apparently taboo in the working environment.

hopefully this guy doesn't lose his job over something so trivial.

i'd be curious if a woman had made that line of code, if this would be getting the same treatment...

another note to self, make an extremely white male joke in work environment some day, see what kind of shit brews up.

Zarkov:

"I guess you don't see the insanity in punishing a group of people based on their skin color and gender."

What? That doesn't even make sense. Can I call troll on this one, or what?

Let's ignore the ad hominem attacks for a moment, and think about your argument logically;

1. You addressed that the current wage difference between a male and a female is different because males work harder. Your argument, a generalization, is that males work harder than females [and there is no such evidence to support this claim] while my argument is that there is a bias against women in the work place which can be backed up by centuries of history. I'll move on, no need to discuss this further.

2. You argue that feminists aren't quick to take hold of the "negative effects"? And that women... are first to take off? Uh... you have no way to prove this, whatsoever. And then you say that men are responsible for 95% of on-job deaths?

Okay, so the underlying tone here is that women, on a generalization, are weaker in that they don't like to work so they take any chance to leave, and you also argue that women don't put themselves in harms way? I'm sorry, but you sound incredibly sexist, only because nothing you said there is in any way true. I'm a man and I've got a lot of work experience, and this has never been the case.

3. And then you argue that my statistics are feminists statistics and that... wait, didn't you just spout out a statistic just a few lines ago? This can't be true right? You did this on purpose right? Because if you didn't... oh wow.

I'm sorry, but this post has got to be the most hilarious thing I've read all day. Your post becomes increasingly ridiculous and contradictory until you call me a brainwashed feminist...

I'm not a feminist, I just form my opinions around what I think is correct.

And I was sitting here thinking that you'd actually make a viable point, but most of it is biased sexism, with a topping of ad hominem. And you didn't even address my most important argument: that past experience is what forms our opinions and insults now. Maybe because it's actually true, but you really didn't do anything to persuade me.

This has been a good time, and some good laughs, but it's gotta end before mods catch me calling you a troll and provoking you just for the hell of it.

So, Tchuss!

EDIT: Now that I'm thinking about it, he did call me retarded and was derogatory throughout his whole message, mods... -poke-

You are a man!?! Then i truly feel sorry for you, because you are either a mangina or a white knight that will only learn his lesson the hard way with a little bad luck. I'm leaning more towards mangina since running for the hills and putting two fingers in your ears when having an argument is the number one thing a mangina would do.

YES, men contribute to over 95% of deaths on the job, the difference between that statistic and the feminist statistic of men being paid more is that it's pretty clear how the statistic is calculated. The feminist one is not measured between men and women working the same amount of hours in the same company doing the same job, because, that is ILLEGAL. Take the survey again and ask how many hours those men work compared to women and you will see a more realistic result (but feminists are rarely interested in anything real). Or find out the details of what both people actually do (instead of listing qualifications alone as justification for someone to earn the same money).

If women want to earn more money than men THERE IS NOTHING STOPPING THEM FROM PUTTING TOGETHER AN ALL FEMALE COMPANY. (You want to have an all male company??? HA! sorry brother, that's discrimination.)

2. Wow, for a non feminist you sure like to defend your feminists don't you? But I guess you are not one since if you ever read any feminist literature you would now even have to ask about it. Here boy, go and fetch me an article that reflects men anywhere near in the same way as this one for example reflects women: http://www.marketwatch.com/story/women-are-better-investors-and-heres-why-2011-06-14

Did you like it? Women are better at everything huh? Le sigh, if you really are a man I hope you open your eyes and stop shutting off your ears. Leftist too huh? No doubt about it... le sigh, have fun. If you are a man you are blind, walking the edge of a murky pool filled with piranha screaming like an imbecile how you'd love to go for a swim.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here