Same-Sex Romance Coming to The Old Republic

Pages PREV 1 2

Great news. I just hope it's done a hell of a lot better than in the Dragon Age games (among many other things, of course). But I won't lie and say I care much beyond a thought, I'm more concerned about it within Mass Effect 3.

Seriously, at what point did it become the "in thing" to verbally harangue Bioware over quite literally everything they do? It's getting tiring people.

Has anyone ever sat down with Bioware and explained what an MMO actually is?

I'm not even trying to be funny here. It's an MMO. If you want to get your romance on there are other players out there! Hell, some of them might even be female!

I love Mass Effect, but in an MMO I can't think of anything sadder than trailing around my NPC love interest for all the world to see... especially when there's going to be a ton of other players in the world with the exact same love interest.

Hallowed Lady:

Imbechile:

Hallowed Lady:

Since when?
I'll admit that they have included love interests in most if not all of their games lately, but calling them Dating Sims is farfetched at best. If you want to blame anyone for the focus on love interests, blame some of the community, who draw way to much attention to that kind of thing. Yes their announcing it, but that's probably more to do with drawing in some of the fanbase.

Yes, blame the community! They are the ones who decide what gets implemented in the game.

Oh wait, .....

Not what I said.

The romance thing never plays that big a part in the games, but the community tends to draw more attention to it. The LI thing can be completely avoided in every game very easily, but the community spends so much time talking about on the Bioware forums. Of course Bioware will draw attention to it, since the fans do want Love Interests.

Also in this case, it's probably more of them trying to go back on the pervious statement about the Star Wars universe.

Yes, and you know why the community draws more attention to it? Because Bioware gave it to them in the first place and didn't cut down the idiot tree while it was still small. It's Bioware's fault that its community is like that.
You can toss the blame on fans, EA or anyone else, but Bioware is guilty of many things also. There is no denying that. Nor can you deny that Bio's games are getting worse and worse.

Imbechile:

Hallowed Lady:

Imbechile:

Yes, blame the community! They are the ones who decide what gets implemented in the game.

Oh wait, .....

Not what I said.

The romance thing never plays that big a part in the games, but the community tends to draw more attention to it. The LI thing can be completely avoided in every game very easily, but the community spends so much time talking about on the Bioware forums. Of course Bioware will draw attention to it, since the fans do want Love Interests.

Also in this case, it's probably more of them trying to go back on the pervious statement about the Star Wars universe.

Yes, and you know why the community draws more attention to it? Because Bioware gave it to them in the first place and didn't cut down the idiot tree while it was still small. It's Bioware's fault that its community is like that.
You can toss the blame on fans, EA or anyone else, but Bioware is guilty of many things also. There is no denying that. Nor can you deny that Bio's games are getting worse and worse.

Dragon Age 2 was bad, but apart from that I can't really see anything truly awful from them, but that's from my point of view. Also, it's not that recently that they have added the romance thing, they had in early games.

You're calling those who want Love Interests idiots, while I do agree some of the fanbrats ARE obessive, I have to say that in itself is stupid. It's an extra that doesn't really have much of an impact on the game, why act as if it's some massive horror destorying them?

If Bioware create more bad games, it won't be down to LIs. It'll be down to them rushing production.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here