TF2 Characters Review Sniper's Book on Amazon

TF2 Characters Review Sniper's Book on Amazon

A novel written by the man who voiced the Sniper in Team Fortress 2 is earning some pretty solid reviews from other TF2 characters on Amazon.

You may not recognize the name John Patrick Lowrie but odds are that you're familiar with his work. He's a voice actor who's performed in games including No One Lives Forever, Half-Life 2, Left 4 Dead, F.E.A.R. 2, Halo Reach games and a whole lot more, plus Team Fortress 2, for which he supplies the voice of the Sniper. He's also an author of the new novel Dancing With Eternity, available now on Amazon, where it's attracting a crowd of rather unusual reviewers.

"It was a good book, don't get me wrong," according to a four-star review posted by someone named Scout. "I don't normally read y'know, because I'm busy busting heads and capping points, but when I found out my friend Sniper wrote a book, I had to get it. I give it four stars. Would have been five if it had come with a hat."

Another reviewer by the name of Heavy gave it a full five-star score, describing it as "is good." "Even if cannot read, you will like," he wrote. "Book is heavy so I throw at Spy. He will never ever walk again."

Isn't that great? The Team Fortress 2 gang is a naturally competitive bunch, so I think it's fantastic to see that sort of camaraderie and support for one other away from the fields of battle. Editorial reviews for the book are coming in pretty strong too; Tracey Rock of Reader Views declared it a "fascinating sci-fi thriller" that "enthusiasts should put on their 'must-read' list."

It's a nice sentiment, but it lacks the lively exuberance of, "Huddah huddah huh! Mmmph mph mmrph! mph mmmhh mphmm huddah! Mmmphya harrgh mrgha hrghgph! Murr mphuphuhuur huhuhu :)" I'll let you guess who wrote that one.

via: Twitter

The Heavy review made me laugh. And 20 bucks says thats exactly what the "Meet the Pyro" video will sound like.

Writing's a good job, mate.

The Sniper also replied to the reviews, which are just as hilarious

Zenode:
The Sniper also replied to the reviews, which are just as hilarious

Seems to be responding to all the reviews yea. This is pretty great. Definitely puts a smile on my face.

In response to a suggestion that he release an audio book with him reading it in the Sniper's voice he said..

"Hadn't thought about doing it in the Sniper's voice, but Ellen and I are trying to put one together. I'll announce it on my websites when it happens!"

That's at least a buds worth of product right there. Plus keys as sweets.

Okay, that was quite funny. I liked his responses, too. Quite Sniper-y.
Hope it sells well.

Dawww. I guess you can tell I'm a girl because those reviews gave me the warm fuzzies.

Sometimes I read this book to your mother

check out the medics profile his wishlist is great.

This just made my...Well, Night.

Put a smile on my face it did. The review from the spy was quite fun.

Pyro has a valid point there.

Also, I hope for a audiobook version, read by author.

But where is the demoman and soldier reviews????

Absolutely hilarious. Love these; and the sniper's replies as well.

I bet he's just mad 'cause the book mysteriously caught fire before he could finish it.

The_root_of_all_evil:

You know, I usually like your comments but this one I absolutely love.

Made me wanna play TF2 again, I was a break.

Heavy majored in Russian Literature. How can he not read?

laryri:

Because Russian literature would be in cyrillic, he can't read latin character. =p

My reaction to this development is nothing less than this.

EDIT: Holy hell, check out the Spy's other reviews, apparently he plays guitar. To Scout's mom. And apparently the Soldier wants the Kamandi: The Last Boy On Earth omnibus!

The Great JT:
My reaction to this development is nothing less than this.

EDIT: Holy hell, check out the Spy's other reviews, apparently he plays guitar. To Scout's mom. And apparently the Soldier wants the Kamandi: The Last Boy On Earth omnibus!

Somehow, I get the feeling that Soldier is a fan of 90's era comics.

laryri:

It lacked the proper indicative pronous, but I believe it meant "Even if you cannot read", as opposed to "even if I cannot read".

iniudan:

laryri:

Because Russian literature would be in cyrillic, he can't read latin character. =p

That... that would explain so much.

INTANT CANON.

The_root_of_all_evil:

'Cause as long as there are two people on the planet, someone is going to have someone wait an unreasonable amount of time. And what will they do then, play games on their bloody phones?

EDIT: Notably absent from the newspost: what is the book like? Is it hard or soft sci fi? Anyone actually read it?

Huhh, I'm rather perplexed that the Heavy can't read. He is supposed to have a degree in Russian literature.

This is awesome! In my opinion the Saxton Hale review is the best: link.

I demand a TF2 melee weapon based on this, -20% damage to all players, instant kill to spies.

John Patrick Lowrie needs to do the audio version.

...as the Sniper.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here