Game of Thrones in Muppet Form

Game of Thrones in Muppet Form

Pigs ... On ... Thrones!

Nothing beats mashing up two great franchises. It worked with LEGO Star Wars and Pony Effect 2, and it certainly works great in a series of drawings by comic book illustrator Yehudi Mercado. Mercado has worked in the videogame industry and heading up his animation studio in Austin, TX. He's written and illustrated two graphic novels - Buffalo Speedway and Throne of Secrets - but his greatest achievement has to be these drawings of characters from George R. R. Martin's Game of Thrones as Jim Henson's lovable The Muppets.

As a fan of both A Song of Ice and Fire and The Muppets, I am uniquely equipped to appreciate the subtlety of Mercado's work. Kermit Stark was a gimme, considering that both are the de facto main characters. Piggy as Cersei is a little strange, but the vanity connection makes sense, as it does with Link Hogthrob as Jaime. My personal favorite is Petyr Beakish and Dr. Varys Honeydew as the pair are seemingly working on the same side, although that's about to ... never mind.

Overall, I have to say that I had way more nostalgic fun with Mercado's pictures than I probably will with the new Muppet movie coming out. I like Jason Segal as much as the next guy, but I don't think he can pull this reboot off.

With this list of Game of Thrones pickup lines and Eddard Stark as weatherman, it looks like today is the day for Game of Thrones related humor popping up on the Internet. I gotta remember to mark my calendar for next year.

Source: Game of Thrones Muppets

There is no amount of win that could possibly quantify this....

Why do I have Kermit Stark on my shield? And really shouldn't Rowlf be playing the hound?
Then Fozzy would be Robert and I would be.... *sigh* Pepe the King Prawn.

Sorry, enough nitpicking. I can't wait until the next season, I just know Sam the Eagle will be Stannis Baratheon

Tell me there are people out there that really wished this was Fraggle Rock and not Muppets.

This would probably be funnier to me if I watched the show I guess, but its nice to see Janice.

Greg Tito:
it looks like today is the day for Game of Thrones related humor popping up on the Internet.

Except for the Game of Thrones Muppets have been kicking around for a few months, of course, like on here.

Kermit may as well be some generic sellsword. Why is Fozzie, one of the biggest characters, cast as a dwarf?

Other than those two, the rest are rather inspired choices.

It's pretty nice, but it lacks the "muppet" feeling for me. Maybe because they're made with ink, instead of felt.

Jesus christ, Game of Thrones is definitely picking up in popularity. I don't think i've seen a series this marketed since lord of the Rings.

OT: Very very cool, Namely because Muppets are just awesome.

What the hell is a 'Muppet'?

"They call me King Of The North... but I'd go south on you" is officially my new pick up line.

Lonely Packager:

Did you grow up without Sesame Street? Seriously?

How weird, I'm sure I saw this on this website a few months back...

Eh, still awesome.

Radelaide:

Lonely Packager:

Did you grow up without Sesame Street? Seriously?

I was kept in a dark basement throughout the entire course of my childhood and was only let out when my teeth were to be harvested.

(Seriously though) Ohh, a MUPPET ... I don't really remember much about those. Nor if I liked them or not.

the rat has a diamond sword... who's been playing mine-craft? ^^

unoleian:
Kermit may as well be some generic sellsword. Why is Fozzie, one of the biggest characters, cast as a dwarf?

You do know that the Dwarf is one of the biggest and most well-liked characters in GOT, and Kermit - the main character in the muppets - is playing the main character in the show.

OldKingClancy:

unoleian:

You do know that the Dwarf is one of the biggest and most well-liked characters in GOT, and Kermit - the main character in the muppets - is playing the main character in the show.

I meant big as in a little too tall to be playing a dwarf. Also I'm talking strictly by appearances. I'm well familiar with the books and the show. Kermit makes me think of, I don't know, maybe Bronn.

I don't know what to think ... even now, no matter what is commented on it, I still find myself thinking it's fake??? It seems too silly to be real, and considering I have both the book and the shows which I have read and watched ... I just don't know what to expect, I do wonder though if it was allowed, like if George.R.R.Martin allowed it?

Ben Rigged:
I don't know what to think ... even now, no matter what is commented on it, I still find myself thinking it's fake??? It seems too silly to be real, and considering I have both the book and the shows which I have read and watched ... I just don't know what to expect, I do wonder though if it was allowed, like if George.R.R.Martin allowed it?

erm, I'm not sure I understand.
Also, welcome to the forums.

Well, it looks quite awesome, and it's pretty... interesting... to see Kermit wielding a broadsword with bloodstains on it.

BUT!!! Where! Is! Cookie Monster?!

unoleian:

OldKingClancy:

unoleian:

I meant big as in a little too tall to be playing a dwarf. Also I'm talking strictly by appearances. I'm well familiar with the books and the show. Kermit makes me think of, I don't know, maybe Bronn.

Ah sorry, my bad. Actually looking at Kermit I see what you mean.

Sorry, but what is game of thrones?
I keep hearing baout it but dont undertsnad ;_;

These pictures are awesome though.

Oh god I don't know what is going on my whole brain is crying and wait is that Ned Stark as a weatherman.

I just saved that so hard I broke my collarbone somehow.

Lame how much recognition Game of Thrones finally gets only after it was made into a show...doesn't anyone fucking READ anymore?!

I was looking forward to actual Muppets...

The drawings are quite nice though. Well done.

Nice and original. Can't say much more

How long have these pictures been around? I can't help thinking I've seen them somewhere months ago...

Edit: looks like since at least July. Hooray, I'm not crazy.

Tyrion needs to be Gonzo. Otherwise, some fun stuff!

imnotparanoid:
Sorry, but what is game of thrones?
I keep hearing baout it but dont undertsnad ;_;

These pictures are awesome though.

Game of Thrones is a TV show based on the Song of Ice and Fire book series by George R.R. Martin. It's amazing! You should definitely check it out or, better yet, read the books!

Thanks!
And by all that I mean ... I find it hard to believe that there will actually be a Muppets game of thrones show/movie made, and if it is truly real, I have no idea what I should expect considering the Muppets are funny, while game of thrones is far from it.
And I was asking, did George Martin actually allow this, because it is using his story and characters ... the Muppets will probably make money off it if this is real, so thus, did the writer of the story allow the Muppets to create this? I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't and this does get made, things like that happen all the time.
Hopefully that makes more sense /: :)

Blunderboy:

Ben Rigged:

Thanks!
And by all that I mean ... I find it hard to believe that there will actually be a Muppets game of thrones show/movie made, and if it is truly real, I have no idea what I should expect considering the Muppets are funny, while game of thrones is far from it.
And I was asking, did George Martin actually allow this, because it is using his story and characters ... the Muppets will probably make money off it if this is real, so thus, did the writer of the story allow the Muppets to create this? I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't and this does get made, things like that happen all the time.
Hopefully that makes more sense /: :) (hope it works now??)

Ben Rigged:

Blunderboy:

Ben Rigged:

Thanks!

They're not actually making anything out of it. It's just some crossover fan art.

I really must know: do News Room Contributors get paid per article? That would certainly explain why only 20% of The Escapist's "News Room" is news.

Miss Piggy looks pregnant. I guess she always does though, eh?

Blunderboy:

Ben Rigged:

Blunderboy:

Thanks!

They're not actually making anything out of it. It's just some crossover fan art.

Oh thank god :P ^_^

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here