Gears 3 Easter Egg Brings Chicken to Gun Fight

Gears 3 Easter Egg Brings Chicken to Gun Fight

Anyone who tells you that eggs are good for you hasn't been playing enough Gears of War 3.

The Gears of War series has more than its far share of over-the-top weapons, but in terms of utter weirdness, and hilarity, Gears 3's Cluckshot - a weapon you get from a chicken in a pirate hat - has surely got to wear the crown.

As Gears 3 fans have probably already guessed, the Cluckshot is a chicken-themed version of the Boomshot grenade launcher, which, in a way, makes it ever more funny. Chickens that do splash damage? Priceless. The Cluckshot is possibly the most literal Easter Egg in recent years, but how can anyone not love the idea of a chicken in a pirate hat?

As you can see from the video, getting your hands on the Cluckshot is a pretty complicated process and it's incredibly improbable that you would stumble upon it by accident. Presumably, the Cluckshot is limited to just the single player campaign, which is a shame really, as it would really lighten up those tense multiplayer matches.

Source: GameFront

That is just awesome...well it's more than awesome, there is no word to describe this!

I wish we saw Boomers with this weapon...i wonder what they would say...

I want this in Horde Mode when I play with my firends. Don't really care if it's in the other parts of MP, I just want it in Horde so I can kill those damn Locust and Lambent with a weapon that shoot chickens.

the scene with the chicken shooting with bow comes to my mind from Hotshot....awesome

arc1991:
That is just awesome...well it's more than awesome, there is no word to describe this!

I wish we saw Boomers with this weapon...i wonder what they would say...

Go from gravely voice saying "boom" to gravely voice saying "chip chip"

Issurru:
I want this in Horde Mode when I play with my firends. Don't really care if it's in the other parts of MP, I just want it in Horde so I can kill those damn Locust and Lambent with a weapon that shoot chickens.

This...very much this. Would be hilarious xD

YAY FOR CHICKENS! This reminds me of Clucktrap from Borderlands :P

I love all the easter eggs that have been put into Gears 3. Especially the Cole train ones with the hat and the slide. :)

Catchy Slogan:
I love all the easter eggs that have been put into Gears 3. Especially the Cole train ones with the hat and the slide. :)

Haha I laughed so hard when I found that slide ;D

Oh God yes! If I ever do an Insane run then I'll be sure to pick this up.

Okay, that's just damn neat. I love these kinds of crazy Easter eggs.

When I read that, I could only think of Samuel L. Jackson's performance in the Spirit.

"NO! EGG! ON-MY-FACE! Not a glob!"

Also: Does it shoot free-ranging chickens with their big, nasty brown eggs?

Catchy Slogan:

I don't know the slide! Please, do tell :D

OT:

DOING THIS RIGHT NOW

dogstile:

Catchy Slogan:

I don't know the slide! Please, do tell :D

OT:

DOING THIS RIGHT NOW

Enjoy!

I almost wonder, had my squad and I been playing on Insane, if we would have found it. I found all three of the ammo boxes, knocked the first two off the cliff, and saw the third one. I remember thinking, "I wonder why that's up there. I bet there's a way to get it down..."

I'll make sure we do it when we play again on Insane.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here