Utah Man Jailed For Alleged Wiimote Rape

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Utah Man Jailed For Alleged Wiimote Rape

Nicholas Parry is currently being held by authorities who allege he forcibly sodomized a 12-year-old boy with a Wiimote.

Utah's KSL news reports:

Investigators say Parry was at a house where four boys, ages 12 and 13, were having a sleepover. Parry became drunk during the course of the evening, said Unified Police Lt. Justin Hoyal.

At some point he apparently became angry that the young boys were teasing him, Hoyal said. He reacted by grabbing a 12-year-old boy and sexually abusing him using a Wii game controller, Hoyal said.

The act was witnessed by the other boys. The parents of the boy who was having the sleepover were asleep upstairs, he said.

In the morning, when Parry had sobered up, he attacked the 12-year-old boy again, Hoyal said.

Parry later confessed the assault to a neighbor and was subsequently arrested. As the investigation is still in the early stages, it is unknown what kind of penalties the 26-year-old might face.

Though KSL claims that "object rape" is the key crime Parry is being charged with, the state of Utah defines that act as only technically possible with a victim "who is 14 years of age or older."

Though it remains to be seen how Parry will be charged, presumably the boy's young age will only serve to make the crime even more grievous.

Source: KSL, via Kotaku

Good. I hope he gets raped with a shiv in prison; a little ironic justice.

dagens24:

No. That is both stupid and wrong.

He should just be taken to jail. That's it.

I hope that Remote had a that "safety-plastic-cover" always game safe....
okay very bad joke! (sorry if it offended you but i couldn't resist.)
those people doesn't only give gaming a bad name, but humans as a species also.
hope he'll rots.

"This week in gaming news!" Jesus this is meant to be a gaming news website. Do you think gun websites post every time a guy is killed with a gun?

Echoing the whole I hope he gets raped in prison thing because that's not a childish and completely hypocritical attitude at all.

Also to complete the tastelessness theme: "At least it wasn't a Wii-U remote amirite guys?"

If the other thread is anything to go by, prepare for a bunch of people saying variants of "That sucks, but the kid deserved it".

Dammit guys, this was already posted by someone else a while ago! Get your shit together and get faster!

Dr. wonderful:

dagens24:

Oh really? Any more stupid and wrong than the fact that he raped a child?

I said it in the other thread, and I'll say it here;

This fucker deserves nothing better than death. Anyone willing to brutally violate the basic human rights of a CHILD has no place in society and deserves to be eliminated.

Fuck him, fuck all the ******s who will come to this thread to defend him/say the incident is funny, and fuck the U.S. legal system for the fact that this guy will get off with minimal punishment.

What was he doing at that house anyways?
Pretty sick to do that, even if you are drunk. And then where was the need to attack the child a second time? He deserves whatever he gets.

Is it sad I want he to be hung from his balls?

He scarred that kid for life.

Using a wiimote to rape someone? I guess its official. You can use anything to hurt anyone.

DragonLord Seth:
Dammit guys, this was already posted by someone else a while ago! Get your shit together and get faster!

It's been said on many news room threads before, but I'll repeat it. News Room posts have higher standards than other threads. They have to fact check and such. Hence that the News Room posts tend to come out after similar threads on the forums.

I'm sorry but I laughed at this, that was until I read he beat them again when sober.

Now I hope he gets what he deserved.

I...wait...did I just read...he did...I...who in the...

...WHAT?!

Fawxy:

Dr. wonderful:

dagens24:

This fucker deserves nothing better than death. Anyone willing to brutally violate the basic human rights of a CHILD has no place in society and deserves to be eliminated.

Fuck him, fuck all the ******s who will come to this thread to defend him/say the incident is funny, and fuck the U.S. legal system for the fact that this guy will get off with minimal punishment.

He raped someone! Lets kill him! or even better stick him in prison where other rapists can rape the fuck out of him or killers can kill him!

Wooooo! justice! etc.

yeah that makes sense

Swifteye:
Using a wiimote to rape someone? I guess its official. You can use anything to hurt anyone.

I can't be the only one disturbed by humanity's ability to take any object - any object - and figure out a way to hurt someone with it. Says something about human psychology, I think.

Why can I not help but find the words "Object Rape" funny?

Lacsapix:
hope he'll rots.

I also hope he had the safety strap on x)

Fawxy:

Dr. wonderful:

dagens24:

....Wow, good speech.

No, I lied it was stupid. He's maybe going to get the same number of years as a guy raping a woman...while the male was drunk.

So, distract the age to 12 and 's looking at 25-27 years with a chance of parole. Oh and he have to register as a sex offender which IS instant death. Because no one going to work with him, let him live anywhere.

He's done for.

Lono Shrugged:

Fawxy:

Dr. wonderful:

He raped someone! Lets kill him! or even better stick him in prison where other rapists can rape the fuck out of him or killers can kill him!

Wooooo! justice! etc.

yeah that makes sense

Makes perfect sense to me. What would you do with him, might I ask?

Dr. wonderful:

Fawxy:

Dr. wonderful:

....Wow, good speech.

No, I lied it was stupid. He's maybe going to get the same number of years as a guy raping a woman...while the male was drunk.

So, distract the age to 12 and 's looking at 25-27 years with a chance of parole. Oh and he have to register as a sex offender which IS instant death. Because no one going to work with him, let him live anywhere.

He's done for.

Not done enough. That "chance of parole" thing you mentioned is fucked. The defense thinks they get justice because they see that 25-27 years and think he'll be removed from society, meanwhile he gets out after 7-10 years for "good behavior" and is right back on the streets ready to hurt another child. Fuck that.

Pedophiles who get the death penalty have a 0% rate of recidivism, meaning there is absolutely no chance of them harming again. That's a fucking good number in my book.

I don't mean to tell you your job Earnest but I'm not sure every game-related story needs an article. This is a life-style magazine, not the evening news.

Then again I guess this post will get incredible numbers of page-views and I've done my part in that :/

Why would "object rape" only be possible when done to somebody 14 years or older? Makes no sense.

Anyway, horrible story. That said, I wouldn't be surprised if plenty of people used this thing in a consensual manner as well.

NinjaDeathSlap:

I also hope he had the safety strap on x)

Whew. Does it make a difference? We're still going to be sure to see new warning screens every time we put in a game.

That Thompson guy is going to have a field day with this.

Lacsapix:
hope he'll rots.

Hey they dont call them wii condoms for no reason.

Skeleon:
Why would "object rape" only be possible when done to somebody 14 years or older? Makes no sense.

Anyway, horrible story. That said, I wouldn't be surprised if plenty of people used this thing in a consensual manner as well.

I think you missed the part where they said this took place in Utah.

'Fun for all the family!' eh?

(Yes, I know, rape is a terrible thing. No, I do not condone it in any way. Please calm down.)

Well um at least they got the guy right guys? Right guys?!

I'll be honest, I really don't know how to deal with all these overwhelming negative vibes coming from this thread so i'll just quietly leave and wish you all good luck with the obvious "what is justice?" Flame War that's just starting

Lono Shrugged:

Also to complete the tastelessness theme: "At least it wasn't a Wii-U remote amirite guys?"

GAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Oh wow....tears of laughter.

How do you even...?

It's sad that people would do this.

well clearly according to Utah state law, the crime the man is being charged with is impossible because the kid is 12. So he should walk if the US criminal justice is going to be the fair system that other countries always bitch at it to be.

Just gonna quote myself from the other thread for the rest:

emeraldrafael:
Thats still scarily not the saddest, scariest, or most depraved thing I've heard come out of Utah.

reminds me of the Tosh.0 skit though.

EDIT:

Dr. wonderful:
... Oh and he have to register as a sex offender which IS instant death. Because no one going to work with him, let him live anywhere.

He's done for.

Cause every convicted and sentenced pedophile is homeless and unemployed right? yeah...

EDIT2: you also seemed to have miss the part where it said when he sobered up he attacked the boy again.

You know, right here:

In the morning, when Parry had sobered up, he attacked the 12-year-old boy again, Hoyal said.

Megacherv:

...WHAT?!

Exactly.
I know I should feel the usual horror at the notion of child rape, but honestly, part of me is distracted by my inner monologue screaming, "No. NO! That is NOT where that goes. Stop doing that. You are incredibly stupid for the thought to have even crossed your mind!"

Give me an hour; the shock will have worn off and I'll be better able to appreciate how horrifying life can really get, even within our own cozy society.

Fawxy:

Dr. wonderful:

Fawxy:

....Wow, good speech.

He's done for.

Not done enough. That "chance of parole" thing you mentioned is fucked. The defense thinks they get justice because they see that 25-27 years and think he'll be removed from society, meanwhile he gets out after 7-10 years for "good behavior" and is right back on the streets ready to hurt another child. Fuck that.

Pedophiles who get the death penalty have a 0% rate of recidivism, meaning there is absolutely no chance of them harming again. That's a fucking good number in my book.

Yes, because they're goinh to die.

And that an excellent way to solve our problems. Kill people who commited crimes while intoxcitaed.

fucking Brillant.

Fawxy:

Makes perfect sense to me. What would you do with him, might I ask?

Might sound the cop out answer but I am not really qualified to make that decision. If I figured out how to successfully punish/rehabilitate a child abuser I guess I would publish a paper on it. I DO know however that satisfying my own selfish need for revenge and satisfaction while blindly missing the inherent irony of that is a bit childish.

Look for at least the last hundred years child rapists are generally reviled by most people and have the toughest time in prison and out of prison. For me it's a case of eating chickens but not eating cats because they are cute. I am fucking certain that if this was a woman who suffered this that people would not get so worked up about it and that disgusts me the most about this case. So I find it hard to swallow when a woman gets raped and there is an element of "she deserved it" and when a child gets raped morality goes out the window and it's ok to want them dead. Yeah it's a child. But so fucking what? I don't see anyone crying about the kid soldiers in Uganda or the 8 year old girls being sold as wives to old men.

Fawxy:

Dr. wonderful:

Fawxy:

....Wow, good speech.

He's done for.

Yes, and what a way for the justice system to teach people that harming your fellow man is wrong, by murdering someone in cold blood, and inviting people to watch.

The people who enforce our laws have to be above the morality of the people who break them, otherwise they have no credibility. There has to be a difference between us and them.

I could go on... so I will. There is also the fact that when you choose to execute someone you are doing so first at the risk, however small, that the person you are about to condemn is actually innocent, and second, in the knowledge that by executing him you are eliminating any chance of them being reformed. That's the thing about killing someone. Whether you see it as justice or murder, if you get it even slightly wrong then you can't take it back. Besides, when you kill someone, they're dead and that's it for them, chances are they'll barely have time to feel any pain, if at all. The people who actually go on suffering are their families, and what crime did they commit?

Still think the death penalty is a good idea?

Megacherv:

...WHAT?!

Ninja'd.... actually, poney'd.

I love you're avatar. In fact I applaud it.

Dr. wonderful:

Fawxy:

Dr. wonderful:

....Wow, good speech.

He's done for.

Yes, because they're goinh to die.

And that an excellent way to solve our problems. Kill people who commited crimes while intoxcitaed.

fucking Brillant.

He assaulted the child again after sobering up. He's a fucked-up individual, and people are responsible for their actions EVEN WHEN THEY'RE "INTOXCITAED" [sic]. He raped a child, no amount of alcohol excuses him from this disgusting fact.

And death IS a fucking brilliant solution to me. Victim and victim's family gets closure, assailant never harms another child again. Win.

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here