Westboro Baptist Church, Wikileaks Troll Steve Jobs' Death

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 NEXT

It's one hell of a troll when even troll logic fails to explain their actions. It kinda makes you wonder if it really is all just the most dedicated troll or if they've really been completely brainwashed into such stupidity.

Can someone just put a sign in from of WBC that says "Don't Feed the Trolls." I'm certain the city would allow a permit as long as it isn't on their property. If their free speech is protected, why can't ours?

And cant we exile them already? They have done nothing but piss off america and have shown no respect for the office of the President, fallen soldiers, 9/11 first responders, etc. Really they are a terrorist group since all they do is agressive and done to incite fear among the people. It is clear that they don't like America, and America doesn't like them. Lets exile them. They don't have to deal with us, we don't have to deal with them; everyone wins.

It is better than the alternative.

Matthew 18:6

"But if anyone causes one of these little ones who believe in me to sin, it would be better for him to have a large millstone hung around his neck and to be drowned in the depths of the sea."

Multiple people from the WBC have left the church and the WBC believes that by leaving they shall be sent to hell. The letter of the bible is clear. The WBC caused their own children to stumble and according to them those kids are destined to hell. As a society we are to hang large millstones around their necks of the WBC and drown them in the ocean. That fate is kinder than what they can expect in the afterlife.

I'm not surprised by the WBC. At all. That's probably sad. I don't like what they plan to do, and I didn't expect it, but this isn't shocking. It's just WBC being the biggest trolls in the nation. As usual.

As for Assange, I'd like to give him the benefit of the doubt here, but unless he denounces the release of the fake report, I'm gonna accept that he did it or approved it.

Cpu46:

imnotparanoid:
Right enough of this shit.

Forced euthenasia anyone?

Better Idea! Form a crazed mob with torches, shotguns, and pitchforks.
I mean the KKK run counterprotests and Hells Angels shield the families of solders from them. I think it is safe to say that nobody would miss them at all. I'm surprised that nobody has tried to do anything to them.

Okay, I knew that the Hells Angels had counter-protested them, but I am surprised that the KKK has. I think that's about the point where I'd stop to re-evaluate what I was doing.

Is this wikileaks thing new? Wasn't this originally leaked in 2009 and wikileaks said that it was probably fake at the time.

I just had a great idea for a counter-protest to the WBC. Mrs Phelps has around 11 kids, right? At least one of them has to be 18 or older. So, if she takes that kid with her, you go up and kiss him/her. Better if its a same sex kiss, but hetero would be fine. Failing one of her 18 year old children being there, just kiss one of the protesters. You might wanna prepare mouthwash, though.

It might not be legal in all honesty, but I think people would love you for it.

*sigh* oh, WBC. You crazy bastards. I can't even get mad about them anymore because... I don't know, things get so silly sometimes that I just can't help but feel like we're all being trolled, you know? It's just too ridiculous to be true sometimes.

Also, I'm not sure how Steve Jobs "taught sin."

This is either:

A) Blatant trolling of a persons death (For the record I believe every death should be treated with respect, regardless of who they are or how you feel)

B) People being huge idiots and NOT realizing it.

Either way it's disgraceful and deserves a facepalm of biblical proportions.

xitel:

After several people pointed out the irony of using the product created by the same man she was damning, Phelps responded, "Rebels mad cuz I used iPhone to tell you Steve Jobs is in hell. God created iPhone for that purpose! :)"

God created the iPhone. The iPhone was created by Apple. Thus, we can assume that according to the WBC, Apple is God. Now, Steve Jobs was the creator of Apple. Thus, if Apple is God, then Steve Jobs created God, thus making him a step higher than God. WBC is protesting against Steve Jobs. meaning that WBC is protesting against the man who created God. Logic. It just... it doesn't work with WBC. It can't.

WBC is secretly working with Satan. They are doing a deep undercover assignment for Satan. :) Anyway what the f*ck wrong with Assange?

Crazies gonna craze.

But via the iPhone. That's just so deliciously idiotic that I don't know what to say.
Perhaps we could reanimate mr. Jobs and tell him. Then he could die of laughter, which would probably be a nicer way to go.

Dammit news, why do you drive me to drink so early in the day...

Clearly just looking for attention. The entire point of the WBC is attention. They believe that they must preach their severely fucked-up God's teachings as loud as they can for everyone to hear. A large part of their faith is literally just telling everyone they're damned. Thus, going after Jobs is nothing but an attention grab (even if that neuroscience study said that Apple fanboys have the same brain chemistry reactions as religious people haha).

Saltyk:
I'm not surprised by the WBC. At all. That's probably sad. I don't like what they plan to do, and I didn't expect it, but this isn't shocking. It's just WBC being the biggest trolls in the nation. As usual.

As for Assange, I'd like to give him the benefit of the doubt here, but unless he denounces the release of the fake report, I'm gonna accept that he did it or approved it.

Cpu46:

imnotparanoid:
Right enough of this shit.

Forced euthenasia anyone?

Better Idea! Form a crazed mob with torches, shotguns, and pitchforks.
I mean the KKK run counterprotests and Hells Angels shield the families of solders from them. I think it is safe to say that nobody would miss them at all. I'm surprised that nobody has tried to do anything to them.

Okay, I knew that the Hells Angels had counter-protested them, but I am surprised that the KKK has. I think that's about the point where I'd stop to re-evaluate what I was doing.

The KKK likes the current wars and 'supports the troops' (i.e. the white ones), which puts them at odds with the WBC's habit of protesting at military funerals.

soulfire130:

captaincabbage:
Okay, I've just come back from suspension, but I am willing to say this at the risk of being banned.

I honestly hope that a riot breaks out at Steve's funeral. I hope this so that WBC can have the shit kicked out of them, because they are fucktards.

That is all.

What would be more awesome is that the leader of WBC dies and people picket his funeral. That would very sweet irony.

I would honestly picket that with a big sign that says "Where's your pancake mix now!??"

After several people pointed out the irony of using the product created by the same man she was damning, Phelps responded, "Rebels mad cuz I used iPhone to tell you Steve Jobs is in hell. God created iPhone for that purpose! :)"

Hahaha, that's funny. 'God created iPhone for that purpose'
Doesn't that mean that God was working directly through the Apple Company? Making it the equivalent of a Holy Institution?
Doesn't that mean that damning the man in charge of said company is going directly against Gods will?
Doesn't that mean you're all going to Hell as well? Given that you, evidently, have no respect for the God you so 'devoutly' follow?

Steve Jobs could be in Hell for a million different reasons, according to the Bible, but given that God evidently worked directly through him to create the iPhone, he's certainly not in hell for being CEO of Apple.

Not bad Christians, bad people. Period.

The only appropriate response to this (Since we're not allowed to hurl them into the sun) is to ignore it completely. Westboro long ago found out that being radical and hateful gets the attention they need. Whether or not these people are as insanely mad as they appear to be is yet to be determined, but the most productive thing you can do is pretend they don't even exist.

It's like the Westboro's real message is 'We really regret the New Testament.'

Seriously... WBC. JEWS don't take Leveticus that seriously and it's THEIR BOOK!

I think we should fallow Westboro's preaching...

AND GO OLD TESTIMATE ON THEIR ASSES. TORCH EVERY ONE OF THOSE FUCKERS, SAVING PHELPS FOR LAST!

*clears throat*

My apologizes. Westboro brings out the worst parts of me...

Even the Nazi's think WBC sucks. Good work tards xD

theriddlen:
The best way to deal with trolls is to ignore them. Don't post news. Don't post any more comments. Let this attempt to anger you slip by unnoticed.

What attempt? :3

Wow thats just disrespectful! Not very Christian for a so called church!

I thought some things were just too sacred ...
Apparently I'm a moron ...

A bit distastefull really.

What was it that church always taught me about the dead?
Ohright, let them be -.-

I find it extremely hard to believe these people can be serious.

Thats all I can say about WBC.

Though the WikiLeaks is a bit disturbing. I thought they usually fact-checked their documents before they do that sort of thing.

K4RN4GE911:

C. Cain:
That's rather tasteless. I'd be a lot more outraged if it wasn't for the delicious irony.

Dude, your avatar says everything about this.

Seriously though, why are people assholes? Isn't the world in bad enough shape without sixty percent of the population being a bunch of insensitive fucks?

Ok, rant over. You can return to your desks.

Misguidance, gullibility, irrational fear of an allegedly higher power, indoctrination and the lack any sort of social in-group repercussions? It's "Us-vs-Them"; they can easily hide behind online accounts (like most run-of-the-mill internet trolls do). Or they form large faceless groups with the other religious fanatics they chose to mingle with.

Your average social code of conduct doesn't apply either way. At least between groups. Inside their own little group they are still bound by social graces.

That's my take on it.

People who suggest that HIV is not a real illness (like cancer) shows a complete lack of respect for all those people suffering from that deadly disease.

Now it's up to the reader to decide what it worse:
Showing utter disrespect for Steve Jobs, or showing utter disrespect for many thousands of deadly ill people with no hope of a cure.

Either way:
Way to go escapist!

As someone who had cancer in his childhood, I really don't think my illness was more real than that of all those dying from HIV.

"after he passed away from a real illness like cancer"

Was probably not the best wording ever.

If you quote the Bible at WBC they just refuse to respond which is annoying because you'd at least hope they weren't aware of their own hypocrisy.

Poor taste on the wikileaks front. Not how a guy whose been sheltered by other people should be acting but I guess some people are like that

EDIT:

hooby:
People who suggest that HIV is not a real illness (like cancer) shows a complete lack of respect for all those people suffering from that deadly disease.

Now it's up to the reader to decide what it worse:
Showing utter disrespect for Steve Jobs, or showing utter disrespect for many thousands of deadly ill people with no hope of a cure.

Either way:
Way to go escapist!

As someone who had cancer in his childhood, I really don't think my illness was more real than that of all those dying from HIV.

I suspect it was badly worded (ie not real as in he didn't have it) than malicious

I can't imagine why having members of that "church" act like uberschmucks is considered newsworthy. The only thing necessary to fight these peckerheads is to ignore their dumb asses.

The WBC stuff is not suprising.

What suprises me is how many people doesn't know that Assange is a total asshole. After he was arrested for the rape thing he made a lot of claims that swedish courts were corrupted and biased and whatever. Despite knowing nothing about the subject and totally disregarding that sweden is consistently rated high when it comes to security in the judicial system.

Also, watch an interview with him. Makes the skin crawl.

I thought Assange leaked evil government secrets, not spit on some guy's grave by revealing a cause of death that was kept secret by the dead man himself.

I don't understand why people love Steve Jobs so much. I could be mistaken, but as far as I know he hasn't done anything commemorable. Building a successful business can be just as evil as it can be good. What matters is what you do with the power/money. I know of nothing I would class as good that Steve Jobs did during his life. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Ignore them.

Khada:
I don't understand why people love Steve Jobs so much. I could be mistaken, but as far as I know he hasn't done anything commemorable. Building a successful business can be just as evil as it can be good. What matters is what you do with the power/money. I know of nothing I would class as good that Steve Jobs did during his life. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm not a big fan but most people think he's a 'visionary' and rightly so, think how much apple has effected the world.

imnotparanoid:

Khada:

I'm not a big fan but most people think he's a 'visionary' and rightly so, think how much apple has effected the world.

Sure, but affecting the world isn't an inherently good act. What directly good effect has the man had on the world?

That's fucking disgraceful. Ruining a sacred ceremony for loved ones to say goodbye to the deceased?

And with the Assange thing, if he didn't know whether or not they were genuine then what's the harm in posting them anyway? It's not disrespectful, it's just ignorant.

So nothing new. Christians are trolling, wikileaks are faking documents and world mourns people like it was the last person of human species.

So crazy lady say what now?

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or