Paleontologist Discovers "Giant Kraken Lair"

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4

The absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence, all disbelievers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_w5JqQLqqTc

(Can't get it to embed sorry)

It would be intriguing. Octopi are surprisingly inteligent, not to mention shape shifters with better camoflague than chameleons and able to squeeze into narrow spaces with ease.

Cripes, if they were sentient we'd all be slave-bodies, forced to wear them on our heads to give them ease of transport. Like Mind Flayers. Or Mr. Sekto.

Isn't that just like a biologist, you find one lair with particular bones and suddenly you're seeing Krakens everywhere.

Interesting although I don't put lots of faith in archeologists or people who study fossils, they often have to make judgements from very little evidence and that has lead to lots of mistakes over the years.

Woodsey:
Yetis from the Russians, and now Krakens from the Americans.

I guess that means we have to find Aslan.

Hello Woodsey! Do you like gum?

SnakeoilSage:
It would be intriguing. Octopi are surprisingly inteligent, not to mention shape shifters with better camoflague than chameleons and able to squeeze into narrow spaces with ease.

Cripes, if they were sentient we'd all be slave-bodies, forced to wear them on our heads to give them ease of transport. Like Mind Flayers. Or Mr. Sekto.

Actually, there's good eveidence that they are at least slightly sentient (kraken self portraits terrify me). However, the only thing really keeping the octopi in check is the strange trait of dying after sex. After hot octopus tentacle sex, special glands int eh male release a chemical that kills it a few weeks later. After birth, teh female will just stop eating, like some kind of "post=partum deression", as Cracked put it.

I remember watching a documentary about how this giant octopus exists to this day but lives only in the deepest parts of the ocean and often tries to go after sperm whales

I hope I haven't been ninja'd when I say:
China Miéville was right! To the Church of Godkraken!

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here