GLaDOS Invades the iPhone 4S

Pages 1 2 NEXT

GLaDOS Invades the iPhone 4S

Trying to get Apple to implement this GLaDOS-Siri hybrid would be slow and meaningless, just like your sad little life.

If you were one of the people disappointed by the recently unveiled iPhone 4S, YouTube user bamfer23 has figured out the perfect way for Apple to make it up to you. The recipe is simple: Take one part Siri (iPhone's new artificially intelligent "assistant"), one part GLaDOS (insane killer robot obsessed with testing, neurotoxins, and that extra ten pounds you've been carrying since the holidays), mix, and slather generously on top of one of Apple's product demo videos. The resulting parody is nothing short of brilliant, but unfortunately, bamfer23's idea (much like Chell) will probably never see the light of day.

It amazes me that after all this time people can still squeeze fresh joke juice out of Portal's--let's admit it--overused lemons. After all, there are probably more Portal jokes and parodies hitting the Internet everyday than there are babies being born. Still, when it works, it works, and this is definitely one of those cases.

I don't know much about hacking or modding iPhones (especially not their somewhat creepy voice-activated assistants), but suddenly, I really wish I did. That being said, if any of you Escapists out there are smarter with this stuff than I am, I think you know what must be done. Get to work!

... and let me know when you're finished.

"iPhone, Call Mom"

"But you're adopted"

If it where real i would so get one

Oh my god I would love this so much. I'm not even kidding. Being insulted and threatened by Glados as I go about my business would make everything better.

This more-or-less counteracts every good thing that has existed this decade.

If this really works, it'll be incredible (incidentally, this is coming from the guy who still can't believe what we can make computers do nowadays). Even if it doesn't work Portal fans, myself included, will be all over this. Just a brief aside: this is kind of like when Lucas arts made a nav system with Darth Vader and Yoda's voices (I swear this is true).

Say you wanted a flatout insane killer AI robot that loves to test and experiment on people letting you know the weather in your town?

There's an app for that.

I don't see why Apple wouldn't offer this. they seem to like money.

Mike Kayatta:
The resulting parody is nothing short of brilliant, but unfortunately, bamfer23's idea (much like Chell) will probably never see the light of day.

Don't say that.

Aiden Raine:

ahh, but you see, they'd have to share with Valve. I think the people who produce for Droid would have better luck.

You know, if this was real, I would really consider moving from an android phone to an iPhone, even though I hate iSheep with a passion.

new from Appleture science?

O.O I so want one! That would be so cool to have :) Doubt it'll ever come to be but thats so cool!

I would actually buy an iPhone if this was possible. Damn me for being a Valve fanboy.

Appleture Science for the win!

Yeah, I know it's terrible, but admit it, you were all trying to come up with something witty for that logo.

I can get snoop dogg and mr. T on my TomTom (I PITY THE FOOL THAT DON'T TURN LEFT) so I don't see why we could't have Glados stand in for Siri.

*chuckles to self*
That was cool. I wouldn't mind getting an iPhone just to hear GLaDOS all day.

Wouldn't this make much more sense as an app for the Android?

I'm thinking of a phrase, the first word being "Do" and the second being "Want".

Get me HAL as well and I'm sold.

orangeapples:

Aiden Raine:

ahh, but you see, they'd have to share with Valve. I think the people who produce for Droid would have better luck.

Steam are on Macs. I think they have a decent relationship.

I'll be honest, I'd much rather have Cave Johnson on my phone instead of GLaDOS. He's far more entertaining to listen to.

the levels of awesome in that video have cause temporary blindness, as a result, i'm typing this 15 minutes after veiwing

TheYellowCellPhone:
I'm thinking of a phrase, the first word being "Do" and the second being "Want".

Gotta be Do not want.

Right?

...Which way'd you say the door was?

OT: Curses, Appleture science joke taken. Thought it was my moment.

Oh yeah, and the actual video was awesome. If it were real I would be on that like a flash.

HUGE SUCCESS.

I don't currently own any apple products and I'm not keen to own any but I would buy an iphone just for this ... I kid you not. My love for Portal inspired things knows no bounds.

I would get it.

Sure, it might try and GPS me into a river, or a neurotoxin facility. But there will be cake!

Can I get Wheatly on my phone? Please?

If a jealbreak plugin to do this does not show up on Cydia within 1 month of release I will have forever lost all faith in teh internets/there is no god.

I would buy an Iphone if this was possible.

It might make me overlook the fact that Apple is trying to pass voice recognition software for innovation.

Nouw:
Get me HAL as well and I'm sold.

I'm sorry Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.

OT: "Oh hi. So, how are you holding up? BECAUSE I'M AN IPHONE!" *clap* *clap* *clap*.

That was pretty funny. Would've been nice if the second half was more than just weight jokes.

I'm sure someone will jailbreak the new iPhone eventually and this will become a reality.
Don't look at me like that, it's not like I'm suggesting people do it, just that someone will probably do exactly that.

*cough*getitdonepeople*cough*

EDIT:

Whoa, where are those symbols on my keyboard?

Double posting sucks...Sorry.

Oh my fuck, this would make me buy an iPhone 4S in a heartbeat ._.

Awesome video, but goddamn, that's one scary logo at the end :P

I don't need that, my future mother-in-law sounds like that all the time...
But as soon as it is available for my android I suppose I won't be able to resist.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here