Portal-Themed Nursery Starts Baby Off Right

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Portal-Themed Nursery Starts Baby Off Right

Want to get your little gamer off on the right foot? Then what you need is a warm, inviting, totally-not-evil Portal-themed baby room.

If you need proof that the gamer generation is all growed up, look no further than this awesome nursery, done up wall-to-wall in a fantastic Portal motif. It's got everything a newborn test subject needs: an orange and blue color scheme, plenty of instructional and cautionary icons and even a Weighted Companion Cube storage box. There is no cake, however. I don't think I need to explain why.

The great thing about this room is that it's not an overly elaborate production. Anyone with some paint, some time and a little motivation could pull off the same thing. That's not meant to denigrate the work of whoever it was that put this room together, but rather to applaud the approach; not many people can afford to hire a design firm to turn a bedroom into a pirate ship, but with a little care and effort a room like this is well within anyone's reach.

Source: Unreality Magazine

This baby will grow up to be awesome, i'm sure of it.

That's just so cute! If I ever have kids - gods forbid - I'd totally consider a Portal themed baby room =3

What nursery? I want one for myself!

That's awesome though, that kid will be of great importance. FOR SCIENCE!

totally awesomeness right there.

It is totally awesome! For the parents. Maybe just the father. The kid could end up hating Portal because of this. That would be tragic.

I would have loved to grow up in a room like this one, if Portal had existed when I was a baby. I'm now really considering making a room like this for when I'll children, not that it will happen any time soon.

But no Portal-themed baby room is complete without an official Aperture Science "Turret Mobile".
http://www.thinkwithportals.com/turret_comic/?l=de#4

I like how they made the circles for the door go to the light switch. I wonder if they refer to their baby as the test subject.

OK, this actually bugs me a tiny bit.

This is not a room for the kid; this is a room for the parents. The kid just lives there.

Looks like the makings of a future super-villain here.

ZehMadScientist:
That kid will be of great importance. FOR SCIENCE!

Just try and get close to that baby. Your funeral.

Cave Johnson, we're done here.

Aperture Science is creating new generation of test subjects... for science.

Beryl77:
I would have loved to grow up in a room like this one, if Portal had existed when I was a baby. I'm now really considering making a room like this for when I'll children, not that it will happen any time soon.

But no Portal-themed baby room is complete without an official Aperture Science "Turret Mobile".

Well, they can always get a talking turret plushie instead...

Andy Chalk:
snip

The cake... is a girl?

Why oh why can't the blue doors lead to the orange doors and vice versa! Why must this nursery be cursed with regular door physics!

the children will take over the world...

this one will lead them.

I want that room. I want that room now.
To the hardware store!

What's cute is that the drowning warning sign appears to be in the bathroom.

But whatever you do.. don't open those closets.

PureIrony:

This is not a room for the kid; this is a room for the parents. The kid just lives there.

Uh.. Duh? Any decorating done in a nursery is for the parents. It's not like an infant is terribly forthcoming with its desire for faux-finishes or anything like that.

LeeshaJoy:

Beryl77:

Hmm, not as lethal but I guess it works.

Mom, Dad I don't hate you (for giving me this room)

That's awesome, needs hugable turrets and personality spheres!

bleachigo10:

Or a serial killer. one of the two.

Zachary Amaranth:

bleachigo10:

Or a serial killer. one of the two.

Not like these two are mutually incompatible.

PureIrony:

It's not inherently worse than my childhood 101 Dalmatians themed room. I didn't care that much for the movie, it was just a bedroom.

Why shouldn't it be for the parents? Babies aren't well known for their tasteful selection of decor. If you want to truly make it for the kid, just plaster the entire room with scratch-and-sniff stickers. At least this way, the parents don't mind having the room in their house and the baby isn't affected.

Kargathia:

While it's true they're not mutually exclusive, the number of "awesome" serial killers is pretty small.

Bit too gray for my liking. Should have made the walls white :)

Otherwise, awesome. My kid is due in December, might just think about a gaming theme. :)

Zachary Amaranth:

Kargathia:

While it's true they're not mutually exclusive, the number of "awesome" serial killers is pretty small.

The sad reality of a profession not given to much PR is that we only see the fuckups in court.

Thanks.
Now my wife and I know what we're going to do with the nursery.
It sure beats the Fallout 3 theme she was suggesting which sounded interesting but very unhygienic.

its missing the glados themed mobile over the crib that plays still alive

And we will hate him - Because he can take it

Seriously, fuck this baby I didn't get such an awesome room when I was a newborn :@

Never thought the day would come where I would actually be jealous of a freakin' nursery!

I've heard pure white walls are good for the mood, and that off-white is better. This is why schools paint their walls off-white. A pure white room would probably screw up the kid. Like it did with Chell!

"You monster."

LeeshaJoy:

Beryl77:

I wish they made a plushie of Oracle Turret.

Get mad!

the cube dropper sign is upside down.
other then that. great room.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook