Superman And Harley Quinn Marry In Nerd Wedding

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Superman And Harley Quinn Marry In Nerd Wedding

It's like a wedding out of an Elseworlds graphic novel: Superman and Harley Quinn decided to tie the knot in a (super) nerdy wedding.

Here at The Escapist, we're big fans of nerd weddings (or, you know, amazingly geeky invitations). There was that retro game-themed wedding, the gamer geek wedding Down Under, and the one time when a bride and groom got all their guests to cosplay as super heroes. Now there's a new wedding to add to the list: The happy couple were such big comic fans that they themed the ceremony and reception around Superman and Harley Quinn.

When Jessica and Jonathan Carroll recently got hitched, the groom and his friends were decked out in "the finest Krypton robes this side of the yellow sun." Though the bodysuits were store bought, and Jonathan managed actually made the robes himself. Meanwhile, the House of El crests were produced by Wildwood Studios (based on the design featured in Superman Returns).

Though Jessica wore a traditional white wedding gown, she still worked her love for Harley Quinn into the wedding, including having her bridesmaids dressing in black and accenting their outfits with red and white bouquets. She also had a number of other subtle homages to the character throughout the ceremony:

"My dress was not geek inspired per-say, as I wanted a traditional look, however my colors for the wedding were based on Harley Queen (red and black) and my bouquet was red flowers with white bounce pearls to represent the pompoms of Harley's collar and hat. My garter was superman colored with a small S logo on the bow. My engagement ring itself is based on the Harley Quinn diamond pattern, red rubies for the main diamonds and black diamonds around the edge."

Not only that, but the wedding cake feature Superman and Harley toppers, while the groom's cake was designed to look like Clark Kent getting ready to make an appearance as the Man of Steel.

You can see the photos from the event at the Facebook gallery by Bryan Humphries, the wedding's photographer (who also took the photo shown here).

Congratulations, Jessica and Jonathan!

Source: Geeks Are Sexy

"My dress was not geek inspired per-say...however my colors for the wedding were based on Harley Queen...and my bouquet was [meant to] represent the pompoms of Harley's collar and hat. My engagement ring itself is based on the Harley Quinn diamond pattern..."

Yeeeeeah, you're a geek alright. No shame, though. I'm pretty sure us other geeks appreciate this anyway.

If I had the guts, I would love to have a geeky themed wedding someday, assuming my partner would be down for that. But I don't have the guts to dress up with something reminiscent of Halloween or Comic Con for a once-in-a-lifetime event. Bleh. :/

Well the guy made some effort to look like Superman and I think he pulls it off quite well.

She, on the other hand, is not wearing so much as a slight visible nod to Harley Quinn (No, the garter belt and the ring don't coun't).

You're telling me she let all the 'guy side' dress up as Superman, but she couldn't wear a single black/red pattern accent nor any of the bridesmaids?

It's not so much a geek wedding as it is some utterly conventional bland bride letting the guys have Superman fun.

First question: If he's supposed to be Superman, why did he colour it so he looks like SuperBoy Prime from Countdown?

Second question: Why the fuck do I know what Superboy Prime looks like in Countdown, or for that matter, who Superboy Prime is?

I love weird weddings! I know a reverend that did the Spaceballs short short version.

Best wedding in history

"Do you?"
"Yes"
"Do you?"
"Yes"
"Good, you're married. Kiss her!"

OutrageousEmu:
First question: If he's supposed to be Superman, why did he colour it so he looks like SuperBoy Prime from Countdown?

Second question: Why the fuck do I know what Superboy Prime looks like in Countdown, or for that matter, who Superboy Prime is?

Now that you bring it up, he does look just like SuperBoy Prime from Countdown. And my ability to enjoy that picture is gone.

im still working on getting my batman wedding. but for some reason my girls thinks its a bad idea

This is the stupidest thing I've ever seen.

Superman and Harley Quinn? That makes no sense. Should be Joker and HQ, or Batman and HQ.

Sheesh. What a bunch of dorks.

lol

if I had to choose Id do somthing assasins creed style...with a hood ont he dress :P

Well, there goes any motivation for Harley to be a homicidal maniac. But hey, maybe it would mean she woke up to how "Mr. J" treated her.

Lois Lane would be pissed, though.

/readingwaytoomuchintoit

She could have been less subtle, but the traditional dress still fits alongside his outfit. Looking at the Facebook pics, he actually looks like he could pass for a young Steve Reeves, which I think is what makes it work.

I'm getting married dressed as a Veteran Ranger. At the very least I'll be wearing a duster.

Yeah, without her in costume it looks sillier than if they were both in costume.

Superman kinda looks like Ray Liotta from afar.

...*shudder*

Lois and maybe Joker will be pissed when they find out although in the reboot, Lois has no interest in Superman so I guess it's ok.

Yeeeah, here's what kills me here:

It's "per se", not "per say".

I miss the days when being a comic book nerd was actually a pretty good indicator of literacy.

Sure, complaining about their special day because they can't be bothered with proper spelling is kind of weird, but then, somebody decided that this was news, so...

When I get married, I want Zelda's Lullaby played when the brial party and groomsmen go up to the altar, the Final Fantasy theme music when I go up (I've seen weddings where both the bride and groom process up and thought it was cool), and the Final Fantasy victory music when we process out.

Does that count?

They look like midgets. Er....little people.

How time flies
Last I heard Harley was still going strong with double G

Mawwaige. Mawwaige is wut bwings us togevur, today...

...Does the Joker know about this?

In all seriousness, it seems like an odd combination... but hey, I love a good wedding.

(Raises glass) To the happy couple!

I know this seems like a side note considering the theme, but look at that photography: For a second, I thought that was one of those oil-paintings of DC characters.

I mean look at that: subjects perfectly placed at thirds, the sun is lighting up the sky in the background without darkening the foreground, the focus is perfectly on the couple... It looks like they're the only two people in the world.

Give me that photographer's contact information. I want him for my wedding.

I thought that picture was the cake toppers. The dude's face looks too good to be real... comics wise.

RedEyesBlackGamer:

OutrageousEmu:

Now that you bring it up, he does look just like SuperBoy Prime from Countdown. And my ability to enjoy that picture is gone.

My first question was: why the shit would you want to look like Superboy Prime, one of the most whiny characters in the DC and Marvel universes combined?

Looks like Superboy Prime to me...

They're ruining it! >:O

But seriously, I hope these guys marriage lasts longer than the marriage of Lois and Clark, given that reboot and all. Then again, it took the total rewrite of reality to break those two up, so these guys might have a shot.

Well, I have to give them props for originality.

Also, it's nice to see he has appreciation for the original Superman colours.

reg42:

In what way do you mean original? He has had a red and blue uniform from the very first Action Comics.

Irridium:
Mawwaige. Mawwaige is wut bwings us togevur, today...

Between this quote and the Archer avatar, I deem you kickass.

OP: I can't help but wonder how silly this will seem looking back on it five years from now.

This is the most heartwarming slash-fic ever.

Please tell me there's a terrible erotic fanfic of this.

When I first read the title I was like, "Huh. Wait... WHAT?!? What comic is this?!?"

EverythingIncredible:
Please tell me there's a terrible erotic fanfic of this.

Knowing the internet, if there isn't one now, there will be one soon.

Alleged_Alec:

reg42:

In what way do you mean original? He has had a red and blue uniform from the very first Action Comics.

Looks like the Joker failed to put a smile on her face afterall...

Anyway, congrats nerdy newlyweds! You made internet news!

This is something I like to call "Fuel 34" if you get my drift.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here