PETA: Mario is Pro Fur

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 NEXT

PETA: Mario is Pro Fur

Everyone's favorite animal rights activists have once again turned their withering gaze to video games. This time they're taking issue with Mario's famous tanooki suit.

Fresh from the outrage over the brutal rodent-murder featured in DICE's Battlefield 3, PETA has found another franchise to rail against.

From their website:

When on a mission to rescue the princess, Mario has been known to use any means necessary to defeat his enemy-even wearing the skin of a raccoon dog to give him special powers.

Tanooki may be just a "suit" in Mario games, but in real life, tanuki are raccoon dogs who are skinned alive for their fur.

The site even features a charming little flash game, in which a skinless tanooki chases a grisly, fur-draped Mario through a nightmarish, blood-soaked version of the mushroom kingdom. The game is sure to delight children everywhere right up until Nintendo's lawyers get wind of it. Other games from the PETA line-up include Super Tofu boy and the Super Chick Sisters.

Mario first donned the tanooki suit, which is admittedly quite grim when you think about it, back in Super Mario Bros 3, but he retired it in favor of the Cape in Super Mario World. The suit returned, much to the delight of fans, in the recent Super Mario 3D Land. Personally I find it far more disturbing that Mario lives in a land populated with mushroom people yet he has no qualms about eating mushrooms to grow larger, that raises some very difficult questions.

No, he isn't.

And that's all there really is to say on the matter.

Is there anything you can say to this apart from /facepalm?

I would have seen this coming, if I still gave a shit about anything P.E.T.A. said.

And PETA is pro animal enuthenasia. It's funny how serious these guys are sometimes.

Oh PETA, when will you learn.
Let's make this about a much better Peta.

That's completely ridiculous. I'm all for animal's rights, but PETA is a farce of an organization. Seriously, I loved the tanooki suit and still do. Nothing wrong with it whatsoever.

Personally I find it far more disturbing that Mario lives in a land populated with mushroom people yet he has no qualms about eating mushrooms to grow larger, that raises some very difficult questions.

It all makes sense now!

OT: did anyone else find the description of the "flash game" that PETA has relating to this really horrifying? That doesn't make me agree with them, it just seems disgusting.

Oh PETA, always picking fights with people who don't give a crap about your message.

Still, I just know the internet will blow this up and give them the attention they so desperately want.

Ok...let me get this straight. Mario has been stomping on turtles for decades and you decide to pass up the low hanging fruit in exchange for complaining about a fur suit (the majority of fur suits aren't made of real fur...) that he acquires by stealing a leaf out of a brick.

Got it.

Eh, their Cooking Mama game was better, this is just silly.

Peta is once again being insane. But on the bright side I never knew that Tanuki were real animals until today. So at least I learned something.

I'll just say the exact same thing I did in the last PETA news item:
AND NOT A SINGLE SHIT WAS GIVEN THAT DAY.

This makes me ashamed to care about the human race.

This is getting really old.
Please PETA, stop. Just stop.

But Mario jumps on turtles and abuses dinosaurs!

[Edit] I thought it said they were pro Mario.

Will PETA ever realise that they completely retarded and not effective in their goals at all?

Blunderboy:
Oh PETA, when will you learn.
Let's make this about a much better Peta.

That makes me even more pro-fur, but in a different way *wink*

One has to wonder who in Peta draws all these disturbing flash and images. THEY HAVE SICK MINDS BECAUSE THEY ALL DRAW THE DEATH OF ANIMALS.

I, erhm, wait, what is this... I don't even... There are no words...

Fail. Failure on so many levels. PETA please remove your head from your ass and go find an issue that actually matters to go protest.

Don't listen PETA, please continue, I am enjoying your ridiculous rants.

This is not a surprise, considering Super Chick Sisters.

PETA is a comedy group... right? because I haven't heard anything from them which hasn't been hilarious in 10 years.
This honestly sounds like something college humor would put up to lampoon legitimate animal rights organizations.

This makes me want to buy a coon skin cap

Clearly, PeTA needs to go out into the wild and hug some lions. You've been fighting on their side for decades; they'll let you pet them. Don't forget to pet the cubs in full view of the mother.

Trust me, they'll like it...

I think I now have sufficient evidence to say that PETA are merely a trolling organization. A trolling organization that supports itself by using a contemporary moral issue to encourage donations from those who don't realize they're trolls.

Not sure if that's better or worse than faith healers.

Oh peta, you so crazy.

1: Well, it's more likely that the suit is made of leaves, considering the source.

2: So with PETA protesting because Mario runs around in a tanooki suit, can we expect PETA to start protesting against furries soon? Because that makes just about as much sense.

I guess they decided to skip right over the MW3 dogs with explosives attached and went right to Mario

Made me think of this, PETA is so full of crap
http://9gag.com/gag/157331

I always thought the tanooki suit was made of felt or cotton, like a mascot costume. I also thought Tanookis were mythical creatures with giant hypnotic nutsacks. Huh.

-Nick

Way to waste resources on a very mediocre flash game that could've been used to actually help animals.

Stupid PETA...

Because the roasting turtles alive thing wasn't really something PETA would have a problem with, right? It had to be the fur suit he gets from a feather.

Anyways, PETA, it's kind of showing that you're almost irrelevant these days. I recommend you try something that doesn't look so desperate.

Waaghpowa:
And PETA is pro animal enuthenasia. It's funny how serious these guys are sometimes.

This.

Goddamnit, PETA, just... Godamnit...

Er...shouldn't they have jumped on this a long time ago? I mean, how old is Super Mario Brothers 3? Sure, the new game release brought it back, but...

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here