PETA: Mario is Pro Fur

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 NEXT

Personally I find it far more disturbing that Mario lives in a land populated with mushroom people yet he has no qualms about eating mushrooms to grow larger, that raises some very difficult questions.

Meh, we eat mammals. Fungus is a kingdom, not a species.

The most disturbing thing about the mushroom kingdom, imo, is that everything... EVERYTHING

has eyes. wth is up with that. Hills, food, flowers, bricks... horrifying.

Gmans uncle:
This deserves a...
Peta, I didn't want it to come to this, but this is the final straw, I have officially lost the little respect I had for you, and have been added to my "List of organizations to avoid at all costs" until further notice.

You don't fuck with Tanooki.

I didn't resepct them long before this, but this just cements it even more...

btw wanna Sonic rainbomb them? or can I burn them with a skorcha?

So it's okay to stomp on turtles so long as you don't wear fur while doing it?

I always just assumed he was wearing a raccoon costume like something a sports mascot would wear, except it gave him special powers. I think PETA is trying too hard for a controversy to make them relevant again. Their flash games are getting better though, they should consider making some stuff for steam or xbla. Their messages are stupid but their games are strangely amusing.

...Isn't the Tanooki a mythical creature? Either way, time to post this again, in my opinion PETA is worse than the Westboro Baptist Church

Orks da best:

Gmans uncle:
This deserves a...
Peta, I didn't want it to come to this, but this is the final straw, I have officially lost the little respect I had for you, and have been added to my "List of organizations to avoid at all costs" until further notice.

You don't fuck with Tanooki.

I didn't resepct them long before this, but this just cements it even more...

btw wanna Sonic rainbomb them? or can I burn them with a skorcha?

Both fine choices, whatever floats your boat.

The_root_of_all_evil:
Is there anything you can say to this apart from /facepalm?

Plenty:

--If it's pro-fur, why is Sonic his greatest rival?

--How can you tell it's a real Tanooki?

--By showing a skinned Tanuki, aren't PETA glorifying a skinned animal and therefore making it a positive thing?

--When will Mario and Meat Boy team up to take down PETA in a glorious display of fire and red meat rage?

Why on Earth would they be skinned ALIVE? Honestly- how much harder would it be to do that way than just killing them first? Sorry PETA, but I call Hyperbole.

Oh, and also BS, but being PETA, you probably already expected that call.

This has got to be one of the most retarded things I have ever seen.

umm from my recollection the tanooki suit was originally accessed via a magic feather not skinning an animal see the difference between our world and the world of Mario is that magic exists and is utilized as i've seen pics of the resent Mario tanooki suit and it doesn't look like fur it looks more like a type of clay so yea PETA once again shows it's just a bunch of trolls who think they are doing something good

Reply in the wrong thread, sorry guys.

Zachary Amaranth:
--When will Mario and Meat Boy team up to take down PETA in a glorious display of fire and red meat rage?

I don't know, but I would totally play that.

Ive never seen a raccoon dog...but its cute
the last I checked Mario got the Tanuki suit from a leaf...

Also the game is terrible the things in the background look like Fin from Adventure Time and everything appears to have tiger stripes (ironic?) on it....

Hopefully Nintendo will sue them into next week...

THAT'S SICK! PETA:

They are great comedians.

I saddens me that people can sink this low, I hope nintendo's lawyers rip them a new one.

Sandytimeman:
PETA is a terrible organization that really needs to be ended. Humane Society all the way.

I've never understood why people are behind PETA when organizations like the Humane Society and the ASPCA are around.

Squilookle:
Why on Earth would they be skinned ALIVE? Honestly- how much harder would it be to do that way than just killing them first? Sorry PETA, but I call Hyperbole.

Oh, and also BS, but being PETA, you probably already expected that call.

Quick look around the internet, the ONLY people I can find claiming this happens while they are alive is PETA. I can't imagine why in the world you would try to skin something alive, it wold be very difficult trying t keep it still enough.

PETA.

Because rounding up and labelling all these numbskulls individually would take too much time.

Oh PETA, you sad attention whore.

Can't we all just pretend that they don't exist? Like the WBC or FOX? I mean, at this point they're just trolling.

Are they actually idiotic enough to think that children take what they learn in super Mario and act it out in real life?

On a completely unrelated note I'm off to take some mushrooms, dive into a sewer and throw fireballs at lizards.

Starting playing one of the games on PETA's website (bored). Found this gem:

I know one thing that is a bunch of CAK PETA...

I think PETA is running out of things to complain about. Hmm... maybe they should make a sitcom out of PETA, I'd look forward to watching all their little antics every week.

Micalas:
Ok...let me get this straight. Mario has been stomping on turtles for decades and you decide to pass up the low hanging fruit in exchange for complaining about a fur suit (the majority of fur suits aren't made of real fur...) that he acquires by stealing a leaf out of a brick.

Got it.

You're wrong. The Tanooki suit is a special item that can only be acquired at a few points in the game and before you get that suit it actually looks just like the suit he's wearing minus the person inside it. When you got a leaf you just got a raccoon tail.

OK, so why is PETA trying to piss off gamers now? They have made no complaints about games like Deer Hunter or Big Game Hunting in the past. All of a sudden they jump on the games are bad bandwagon. First complaining about how gamers kill an aggressive rat in a game where you kill people, now they are tainting our childhood memories with their gory images of how animals are used for fur. I am starting to suspect they're trying to bring down video games in order to be more popular with main stream media and parents that are hysterical about any violent games. Really PETA, stop with this bullshit. Mario is a lighthearted game that doesn't need you to destroy it.

I'm surprised they didn't mention anything about Marios stylish leather shoes, or his quest for dino-genocide via pits.

There's a little late on this.

Also: shut the fuck up PETA!

Dear Peta,

shut the fuck up

love everyone

Is it possible that Peta are trying to troll people by pulling dumb shit like this so we forget about the fucked up shit they pull?

Hear me out!

Because so far, from the shit they've attacked regarding video games, it seems that way.

Stupid? Oh fuck yes. As an idea its as dumb as hell, but the Peta people have no grounding in reality anyway so...

Tanuki's exist? that's news to me i thought they were mythic animals. Well id better hide my 100% real Liger boots lest peta comes after me next.

PETA, stop talking. Only until you notice the Cabela hunting games can you make any fuss again.

Dragonforce525:
Seriously though PETA have gone from "rambling old man" to "crazy homeless guy" and have now officially crossed over to "shit smearing mental patient".

Now really, why do you have to insult shit smearing mental patients like that?

And protesting the treatment of depictions of animals, if you want to do that PETA, you'll have to change your acronym.
So- People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals, Depictions of Animals, Mythical Animals and Anything We Feel is Vaguely Related to Animals ...... PETADAMAAWFVRA?

And aprt from everything, that game is terrible. The jumping is sloppy, there's no way to control your speed, it kills you even if you land on the edge, the hit box means if you miss a jump even slightly you die instantly - its just a shit game. Is the point supposed to be that fur wearers always win? Cause thats what I'm getting.

lol well PETA is about to lose half their budget in one fail swoop, i mean how long do you think its gonna take nintendo to sue them for: slander, copyright infrigement, and finally trademark violation.(last 2 might be the same thing will do research on it)

god damn i hate peta, there the single most useless organisation!. also there hypocrit wannabe facists who do more harm then good for there own cause! but what do you really exspect from the guys who made fun of the holocaust

I have seen animals skinned alive. It's a horrifying, disgusting, and morally unjustifiable act of cruelty.

But it really just seems like PETA is struggling to be relevant again.

Stand down PETA, and let Animals rights groups with common sense take the wheel.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here