GTA III Sticks Up Phones Next Week

GTA III Sticks Up Phones Next Week

Come next week, you'll be able to commit vehicular felonies and solicit prostitutes, courtesy of your phone.

Remember how Rockstar revealed that it was going to bring Grand Theft Auto III to mobile platforms? Well, it turns out that the publisher's about to launch Grand Theft Auto III: 10 Year Anniversary Edition for both Droid and iOS.

Essentially, if you own any type of smartphone or associated platform, the game will be available. Here's the complete list of supported devices, courtesy of Rockstar:

Apple iOS Devices: iPad 1 & 2, iPhone 4 & 4S, iPod touch 4th Generation
Android Phones: HTC Rezound, LG Optimus 2x, Motorola Atrix 4G, Motorola Droid X2, Motorola Photon 4G, Samsung Galaxy R, T-Mobile G2x
Android Tablets: Acer Iconia, Asus Eee Pad Transformer, Dell Streak 7, LG Optimus Pad, Motorola Xoom, Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 and 10.1, Sony Tablet S, Toshiba Thrive

Grand Theft Auto III: 10 Year Anniversary Edition is going to launch on December 15th, with a price tag of $4.99

Source: Rockstar

Gah, No Droid Incredible. I love being out-dated.

Oh well, I still have the PS2 version.

By "any type of smartphone", you mean only iPhones and some Android phones.

AbundantRedundancy:
By "any type of smartphone", you mean only iPhones and some Android phones.

Any does not have the broad definition it once had I guess

Meh not going to get it.

I enjoyed the game on the PS2 but I dont think it's gameplay was riveting enough to put on a smart phone.

"For just about every mobile system under the sun"

The only reason you can justify that is because they're pretty much the only systems that people buy these days. I guess it pretty much boils down to your definition of "under the sun".

But anyways: For$5 you can count me in. Will be nice to have on the plane, train, bus etc.

vansau:
Remember how Rockstar revealed that it was going to bring Grand Theft Auto III to mobile platforms? Well, it turns out that the publisher's about to launch Grand Theft Auto III: 10 Year Anniversary Edition for just about every mobile system under the sun.

A list of 18 models

Ahem. I think we're using different dictionaries.

More OT: Cool, I guess. But wouldn't playing this on a phone make the controls even more shitty? The original controls were already bad enough with a PS2 controller...

Even if I had a smartphone, I wouldn't want this. I have enough issues with people sticking their head in the way at the movie theater, why would I want a game where I have to stick my thumbs in the way in order to play? Anybody who thinks otherwise is a sucker, and PT Barnum would like to have a word with them.

Kakulukia:

vansau:
Remember how Rockstar revealed that it was going to bring Grand Theft Auto III to mobile platforms? Well, it turns out that the publisher's about to launch Grand Theft Auto III: 10 Year Anniversary Edition for just about every mobile system under the sun.

A list of 18 models

More OT: Cool, I guess. But wouldn't playing this on a phone make the controls even more shitty? The original controls were already bad enough with a PS2 controller...

That's not bothering Rockstar, since they think consoles are God's gift to them. Sometimes makes me wonder if they even play their own games.

Kakulukia:
But wouldn't playing this on a phone make the controls even more shitty? The original controls were already bad enough with a PS2 controller...

Yeah, seriously. I could never get into the games, either the console or PC versions, because I could never find a control setup that wasn't so terrible I didn't get sick of playing after half an hour, whether it was with a controller or a keyboard and mouse. There's so much neat stuff in the games that's just so frustrating to actually access, and I don't even want to think about it with a touchscreen.

Cool now people can crash thier car and crash a car in a game at the same time :).

samsonguy920:
Even if I had a smartphone, I wouldn't want this. I have enough issues with people sticking their head in the way at the movie theater, why would I want a game where I have to stick my thumbs in the way in order to play? Anybody who thinks otherwise is a sucker, and PT Barnum would like to have a word with them.

Kakulukia:

vansau:

A list of 18 models

That's not bothering Rockstar, since they think consoles are God's gift to them. Sometimes makes me wonder if they even play their own games.

They probably do, and they probably have shitloads of fun with it.

Damn it I really wish I had an iPhone now >:( Or on that note maybe I should start off with getting a cellphone (stupid floors doing critical damage to cell phones)

Darks63:
Cool now people can crash thier car and crash a car in a game at the same time :).

Rockstar, Y U NO MAKE WINDOWS PHONE VERSION?

Nice, will be able to get it for my tablet. I want to see all those retro graphics full sized.

Is the Droid version the same price as iOS? How big will the download be?

No Xperia PLAY version? I would have thought that would be an obvious choice.

I want to see the ad campaign for it!
"Want to steal cars and murder hookers?! There's an app for that!"

Damnit. I have the iPhone 3GS. Oh well. I'll upgrade one day, when I can be bothered. Or just find the game for PC.

i wasted my last 6 apple dollars on "Bards Tail". i regeret nothing.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here