Watch the Greatest Plane Kill in Battlefield 3

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Watch the Greatest Plane Kill in Battlefield 3

One player's nigh impossible feat starts with him jumping out of a plane with a bazooka.

Planes are a tricky target. Because they fly so fast, it's really hard to take them out without an anti-aircraft gun with some targeting software or - preferably - another plane and a heat-seeking missile or three. But in Battlefield 3, YouTube user Stungravy figured out how to pull of one of the most intense feats of vehicle slaughter ever recorded. I don't want to spoil the fun by describing the whole video, all I can say is the A-Team theme fits perfectly.

Argh, I can't resist. Seriously? Jumping out of a plane, equipped with a bazooka, firing one extremely well-placed missile that triggers an explosion taking out the opposing bogey? Then he gets back in his plane and collects his ribbons? Really? That's just crazy talk.

And completely mesmerizing to watch. I've watched this video four times now and I will probably view it again this weekend. Kudos, Stungravy. You are a king amongst men.

:o that was really cool!

Yea I haven't even played Battlefield 3 and that was pretty awesome

That was EPIC! Now I must attempt myself! xD

There is only one way I can respond to this video.

I am a little confused about how he further into the air after bailing out of the plane though.

Greg Tito:
Snip

Well, this isn't the first time this was seen in a battlefield game.

That other pilot had to be so pissed.

That was officially the greatest thing I have seen all weekend.
I know it hasn't begun yet properly, but still. Nothing will beat that.
It was the awesome.

Wow. That is amazing! Words cannot describe how fun that was to watch. Now people will try and replicate it and die horribly (pissing off their team in the process). Sort of like how people wanted to replicate "FYI I'm a Spy" in TF2. So if you play Battlefield and see planes and people falling from the sky then you now know what happened.

Yep. Greatest kill ever. No arguments here.

He wins Battlefield 3 Multiplayer. He...he just won it.

Holy shit that was awesome, I actually clapped while watching it. This wins everything.

He must love it when a plan comes together. And I thought me hitting the pilot of a plane (who had ejected) with a stinger was an awsome kill.

as Not G. as already posted, it was done 9 years earlier in Battlefield 1942 :). Makes me want to do this again in 1942, brb gonna reinstall

Like a boss!

The A-Team music is such a great fit for the video.

Luckiest shot ever. But still amazing that things like this happen in the first place. But then again... with how many millions play BF3... even with how astronomically small the odds are, if it's possible it's going to happen sooner or later.

0p3rati0n:
Like a boss!

The A-Team music is such a great fit for the video.

Danm ninja I was going to say "Like a Boss"!

Seriously that is the most badass thing I have seen today!

I bet that player was thinking I love it when a plan come together after he did it.

Whatttt! Madness!

Never even played it and I'm damn impressed!

Aeonknight:
Luckiest shot ever. But still amazing that things like this happen in the first place. But then again... with how many millions play BF3... even with how astronomically small the odds are, if it's possible it's going to happen sooner or later.

this guy has a video of him trying this many, many times, and failing. i'm assuming (probably more like pretending) that he's got it down to a science. probably not, but a man can dream!

Let's recap: so he takes out a chopper, using unguided rockets, gets a noob to chase him, and then zooks the thing.

People say BF3 isn't a true Battlefield game. This video proves otherwise.

The 1942 vet inside me is thrilled...

Not G. Ivingname:

Greg Tito:
Snip

That second video...it...what?

That is f%$#ing awesome.
And as soon as they saw this, millions of BF3 players raced to their PCs/consoles to attempt the same thing.

Kopikatsu:

That second video is quite possibly the manliest thing ever performed in a video game.

I prepared myself to say "I've seen better". How wrong I was.

I like how it has over 7,000 likes but only over 4,000 views.

Kopikatsu:

Not G. Ivingname:

Greg Tito:
Snip

A man jumped out of a plane, shot a guy using an AA gun, than got back into his plane.

Silly, wasn't that clear? :P

Now if I could do anything even close to that awesome, then paying $100 for spyware with a shooter thrown in would be somewhat justified. But I'll never manage anything like that in any game I ever play in my entire life, so...

i used to do stuff like that!!
then i took an arrow in the knee...

You hear that? That's the sound of millions of 12 year olds trying and failing to replicate that video.

Never seen a loopzook before?

...Words cannot describe the awesome...

You're my BF3 hero, next to birgirpal:

Not G. Ivingname:

Greg Tito:
Snip

I think its more the the Zook and then returning to the plane which while may have been done before it is good to see it make a return as it is said to see skills like this lost. In CoD after CoD 2 no one ever used the the little trick of throwing a grenade straight up in the air anymore due to the ability to cook.

While it may seem a bit odd what happened if you don't know is that the grenade would reach its timer just as it came to ground again allowing you to kill a person following you. We needed to do it in CoD 2 as you could not cook grenades and the skill has since been lost I assume while not as hard as that it is still sad to see it never used again.

Almost as good as hitting the plane with a tank cannon... blind.

Actually way cooler...

The "Loopzook" isn't unheard of, but it's still amazing.
Good to know it's possible in Battlefield 3.

Not G. Ivingname:

Greg Tito:
Snip

It's good to know someone besides me has actually played prior Battlefield games.

Hadn't seen that LoopSnipe before, but THAT is one of the greatest kills ever.

Should call that "Death by win".

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or