Skyrim Fan Takes An Arrow in the Knee

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Caramel Frappe:
Whiterun Guard: My cousins are out there hunting dragons and what do I get? .. Guard duty.

What's better is when you hear a guard say that particular line immediately after he or she was helping you take one down.

On Topic: It's not a bad tattoo, even outside of the Skyrim joke. Least it looks nice, ya' know. Hopefully (though doubtfully) this will close the book on the "arrow to the knee" repeaters. We get it guys, you played Skyrim. Just like everyone else.

That's dedicated.

The funniest run in with this meme I've had was when surfing a particular site I visit and like a lot (!) I got a 404 error. Needless to say I was not expecting it and I lost my shit. Curse you web managers!

Yopaz:
So she has a tattoo to remind herself of something that stopped being funny about a week ago was never funny? Well at least she wont regret it.

Fixed that for you. Like most memes, this one was never funny to begin with but now it crops up everywhere.

I call bah humbug!

Man, sure are a lot of Buzz Killingtons up in here. It's her body she can do what she wants with it (wow...that sounded amazingly like she's a hooker...). Plus, just because you don't find the meme funny doesn't mean nobody does.

I fus ro da you and your emo ways out of here!

80Maxwell08:
Damn it I was hoping some crazy fan literally shot himself in the knee. Since that appears to be the only thing that could possibly slow that meme down.

I was hoping for this as well.

Tallim:

Seems to be quite a common "Fantasy" complaint..........

Yeah she probably won't regret the tattoo. Depends on the sort of person she is.

HAH! Nice spot. That book is on my to read list too.

I used to find that quote a bit funny, but then I took a brain to the head

........just saying.

God, this "arrow in the knee" meme has gone way too far.
It's not even the funniest thing that the guards of Skyrim often repeat, in my opinion.

So much wrong with it...
First, ugh. Really? The meme is annoying and boring already.
Second, that tattoo looks so bad. Look at the arrow, it's not even close to being straight.

you know, i havn't heard the guards say it since... the first day playing.

Now they all want me to conjure them a bed or brew them an ale.

Well it is better then mudcrabs. You know I saw a ..

Seriously gotta love Oblivion just for that.

That's a very ugly looking tattoo.

There is one thing I don't understand about this meme. People play Skyrim for hundreds of hours and they can't memorize that it's "in the knee" not "to the knee"? Seriously? There are people in this topic that made that stupid mistake.

I don't know why, but I find it interesting that a woman was the first to do it. It was bound to happen though.

Though I use to think it wouldn't happen, until I took an arrow to the knee.

Squilookle:
what I want to know is

WHY IS THIS CONSIDERED NEWS OF ANY KIND?

You have been here longer than I have. Have you not noticed that The Escapist is a gaming/technology news and entertainment site?

This is called and entertainment news piece. It fits here because it deals with something gaming related and is entertaining because it is funny.

jonyboy13:

Second, that tattoo looks so bad. Look at the arrow, it's not even close to being straight.

It isn't going to look straight, her leg of course curves slightly, so the arrow shaft will look slightly curved.

If you are talking about the line work in general, it is barely noticeable, and I think it is in a sense more realistic, because the shaft of a medieval arrow isn't going to be exactly smooth and perfect.

Grey Carter:
Haha! You had to give up your dreams and settle for a life of endless drudgery because you were maimed! That's funny.

I'll be honest, it took be a while to stop laughing after reading that line.

Well actually I'm more interested in her other tattoos (She has a lot of bare skin there, where are these tattoos she speaks so fondly of?) and mabye even her face, not her knee and some arrow on it. Other than that it doesn't look remotely close to the artwork of Skyrim, which is a pity really because their artwork is pretty awesome and would provide excellent tattoo material.

What??? No FUS RO DAH Tattoo yet? Shame on you internet!!!

Guess he wont be adventuring anymore. Other them that... It had to happen eventually.

Tallim:

Seems to be quite a common "Fantasy" complaint..........

Yeah she probably won't regret the tattoo. Depends on the sort of person she is.

That was the first thing that came to my mind when I heard about this meme.

Well at least she won't have to worry about ever commiting to a man(or woman, i don't judge) who has a decent sense of humor ever again.

"Wont'regret it" Sure. Come back and tell me that in 50 years when that arrow's down at your ankel.

Any more remarks i feel i should make... Neh. Nothing beyond the fact that i wish this stupid meme would just shoot both its own knees with crossbow bolts and retire before anyone else takes another step into the ridiculous.

I actually kinda like that. Considering she has other tattoos, especially refrences, it won't -pun not intended- stick out, and is a decent looking tattoo even if you don't know where it's from.

The whole 'arrow in the knee' meme was funny once. Once and once only in it's first usage that I read. Ever since, it's just been terrible to read.

Fine by me. She could tattoo a giant horrendous portrait of Carrot Top on her ass and I wouldn't call her an idiot, all it matters to in the end is her.

And what's the bigger meme these days? Arrow to the knee, or acting jaded about memes? Just like any other joke, it's going to get worn out when repeatedly abused. Imagine that one friend you have that makes a decent joke, thinks it's hilarious to repeat it but then just goes too far a few too many times and takes just a little too long to realize it. Multiply that by a few million and there we have the Internet. You also have to consider a lot of folks aren't around as often as others, discovered it later than others, so it's all very subjective in the end.

Squilookle:
what I want to know is

Its the weekend.

Anywho...

*generic "took arrow to knee" phrase*

Patrolling the mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter

ReinWeisserRitter:
This meme would be worth it if everyone that invoked it actually got shot in the knee.

I used to make meme jokes, but then Uncyclopedia got a hold of them....

OT: I saw this picture a few days ago, cant say that it is good since the drawing looks a bit too cartoon-y.

also:

Chindit son, I am disappoint!

Oh, so THAT'S where that meme came from!

...Anybody else find it annoying already?

The internet, where jokes go to die.

I have to question the choice of socks.

Squilookle:
what I want to know is

It happened, ergo it is news.
Why the hell do people always bitch about what the Escapist publishes?
Don't like it, go to some other video-game website.

Sober Thal:
I got the meme when it started, I remembered a few guards saying it in Whiterun. Since the meme went crazy, I haven't heard a single guard mention it. This after making 4 new characters and getting them past level 20. Odd.

Dumb tatoo, but she can think the silly things are important to her. So be it.

I've actually never heard a guard say it in my game.

ReinWeisserRitter:
This meme would be worth it if everyone that invoked it actually got shot in the knee.

That's the exact same thing I told somebody on Facebook who made the joke.

sir.rutthed:

Sober Thal:
I got the meme when it started, I remembered a few guards saying it in Whiterun. Since the meme went crazy, I haven't heard a single guard mention it. This after making 4 new characters and getting them past level 20. Odd.

Dumb tatoo, but she can think the silly things are important to her. So be it.

I've played about the same amount, yet literally I have never heard a guard say the "arrow to the knee" line. Not once. We should start a club or something.

OT: That's nifty. Now she should quit her day job so she can say "I used to be a tattoo artist, but then I took an arrow to the knee. See? It's right here!"

Oh, may I join? And do you have to like the meme in question to become a member?

What a bad, bad meme to be immortalized.

80Maxwell08:
Damn it I was hoping some crazy fan literally shot himself in the knee. Since that appears to be the only thing that could possibly slow that meme down.

I was totally expecting the same thing.

Not one I would get, but it's rather stylishly done and doesn't look bad at all. What I want to know is where she has her sweetroll tat.

Damn, I was excited over the idea some guy had gotten tired of hearing the joke, so he shot his buddy in the knee with an arrow.

I used to whine and complain about overused memes...

...but then I took an arrow in the knee.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here