Skyrim Fan Takes An Arrow in the Knee

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Moosejaw:
And what's the bigger meme these days? Arrow to the knee, or acting jaded about memes? Just like any other joke, it's going to get worn out when repeatedly abused.

A good point. I don't think a lot of people get that the endless repetition, and the fact that self-described cynics seem to take the meme personally, is part of the joke.

That's clever at least. I think the empire dragon would be kind of cool on a shoulder.

I stopped caring about this meme once it started to get told every other minute as a joke at my school.

And nobody there even PLAYS skyrim!

...Yet why do I still find it so funny?

Tattooing a meme into your body?

Pathetic.
Really, that stupid shit stopped being funny after the third time it was told.

Congratulations, you have just tattooed one of the lamest, horribly forced "memes" in recent memory onto your leg.

In other words:

Mobius Evalon:
Please quit trying so hard to kill this meme. It's on the fast track to the graveyard to sit alongside Portal's "the cake is a lie".

And in any case, Curved. Swords. is a far funnier line.

If I saw that tattoo on a night out, I'd definately talk to her! I think its pretty funny!

Seal of approval..

Hazy:
Congratulations, you have just tattooed one of the lamest, horribly forced "memes" in recent memory onto your leg.

In other words:

Mobius Evalon:
Please quit trying so hard to kill this meme. It's on the fast track to the graveyard to sit alongside Portal's "the cake is a lie".

And in any case, Curved. Swords. is a far funnier line.

I like that one. Head it uttered by one of the Riften guards (at the north gate), shortly before I killed him and his friend for not letting my in the posh gate. It must have been the dramatic pause inbetween the two words the second time he say "curved swords".

Though not funny enough to stop me racking up a 15000+ gold bounty in Riften.

I wonder who actually thought this phrase deserved being a meme in the first place. It's not like it can even be applied to different situations like that old favourite, "I never asked for this"...

I have no problems with the tattoo myself though. She could have done much worse.

Grey Carter:

I have a lot of silly tattoos along with tattoos that mean a lot to me. I am a professional tattoo artist and plan on being heavily covered. So I do NOT need to hear people bitching about how I'll 'regret it later'. I WON'T. I DO NOT REGRET ANY OF MY TATTOOS! I only live once so I'm doing what makes me happy.. whether you approve or not!

She used not to regret any of her tattoos, then she had one based on an internet meme.

*Cue snobbish, judgemental response like an immature child*

Kidding. I'm not going to judge her for that, but I obviously wouldn't get it myself. Interesting how meme culture spills out into the real world though.

AmrasCalmacil:

Squilookle:
what I want to know is

WHY IS THIS CONSIDERED NEWS OF ANY KIND?

It happened, ergo it is news.
Why the hell do people always bitch about what the Escapist publishes?
Don't like it, go to some other video-game website.

So let me get this straight- you take offence at someone 'bitching' about news on this site. So you bitch about the bitching of this site... on this site.

I dunno mate... any frustration I may or may not have had with this site seems to pale in comparison to yours. You gotta calm down there, buddy!

Glad I'm not the only one who thinks this meme has turned stale and unfunny. Heck, I didn't get it until I saw the video. True be told, I never thought it was funny from the start.

You think this is a bonkers gaming tattoo? I have a portal tattoo'd on my browneye and pokeballs on MY pokeballs. Your move, internet.

Also, at least I tried to stop this poor girl from getting her stupid ink -

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/9.329341-I-used-to-X-once-Then-I-took-an-arrow-in-the-knee

While you all might call it "tattooing a jaded meme", I call it "long-term planning for when the joke becomes retro". Should be just a year or two.

Hate this meme all you want but that is really funny. Nice job lady, nice job.

Grey Carter:

Moosejaw:
And what's the bigger meme these days? Arrow to the knee, or acting jaded about memes? Just like any other joke, it's going to get worn out when repeatedly abused.

A good point. I don't think a lot of people get that the endless repetition, and the fact that self-described cynics seem to take the meme personally, is part of the joke.

So it's either trolling, or parroting.

I think people have a right to get pissy about seeing memes everywhere. It's spam, pure and simple. A person can get a warning on this site for low content posts, but posting something as worthless as an arrow to the knee joke is fine. That makes no sense.

Grey Carter:

Moosejaw:

It's like a troll within a troll. Trollception.

Squilookle:
what I want to know is

WHY IS THIS CONSIDERED NEWS OF ANY KIND?

I used to consider this news... you know the rest.

Djinn8:

Grey Carter:

Moosejaw:

I think people have a right to get pissy about seeing memes everywhere.

That they do, and I have a right to laugh at them.

I wish the arrow wasn't so cartoonish...nobody would know its a skyrim reference if they saw that tattoo.

I used to think the arrow in the knee meme was funny but then bethesda studios actually shot me in the knee with an arrow and asked me how i liked it now... EIther way, the title here is misleading.

I've been so desensitized by the meme that when guards say it... meh. I now kill any guard that regurgitates it.

Really dumbass move. You want something on your body that means something to you, not a dumb joke that wasn't funny in the first place. Almost like getting the Cake is a Lie on your back. Now if she wanted videogame ink, why not something she used to play all the time as kid.

I'm sorry, but did I miss something? How did something an NPC said become this "hilarious"? I didn't even know something could be so incredibly unfunny.

Wow... some people's sense for humor must be dead for a long time to find this meme funny at all.

She can talk all she wants, but she will regret it in less than a month.

Grey Carter:

Djinn8:

Grey Carter:

Thing is, this meme isn't funny. It's just an obnoxious reference to a game. There are funny memes that are still worth bringing up. That's why the instant backlash because using it in another context feels contrived.

And I don't know why I'm intellectualizing the whole affair.

o.0?

i don't get it, how is this funny again?

Yopaz:
So she has a tattoo to remind herself of something that stopped being funny about a week ago? Well at least she wont regret it.

It was funny at some point?

I love all the people that are bitching over this tattoo and have since said she will regret it. I'm quite positive she knows her interests better than we do considering we don't actually know anything about her.

Love how people on the internet always seem to know what's best for people and situations they know nothing about.

We are aware that taking an arrow in the knee would likely cut arteries or veins or damage you in some way much like being shot would do and thus you would die?

This meme makes no sense if all that encounter it inevitably die.

Soooo... how long till someone gets FUS ROH DAH tattooed somewhere?

If i was her i would have put a Target on my knee, to show where the arrow goes.

Delsana:
We are aware that taking an arrow in the knee would likely cut arteries or veins or damage you in some way much like being shot would do and thus you would die?

That's not true, a person could easily survive an arrow to the knee. Now if they could still walk afterwards is a different story.

krazykidd:

Delsana:

That's not true, a person could easily survive an arrow to the knee. Now if they could still walk afterwards is a different story.

That's like people saying you could survive a bullet to the knee or the foot or the leg or the left side of the chest and be fine... and the military proved that one wrong with a lot of documents and doctors.

I don't think you know much about how veins work.

Well, if she's planning on completely covering herself in tattoos, then she can definitely afford to put some silly memes onto her skin. She's a professional tattoo artist, so she is clearly devoted to her tattoos. Under her circumstances, I find this perfectly reasonable. I hope that she finds success in her tattoo business and gets a small laugh whenever she looks at her knee.

Moeez:

Grey Carter:

Djinn8:

Thing is, this meme isn't funny. It's just an obnoxious reference to a game. There are funny memes that are still worth bringing up. That's why the instant backlash because using it in another context feels contrived.

And I don't know why I'm intellectualizing the whole affair.

"Funny" is a matter of perspective. One person's funny is another's insufferable. Besides, in my opinion the funniest thing about the arrow in the knee meme is the fact that it makes so many people so incredibly indignant.

But that's just my opinion.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or