Skyrim Fans Uncover Insectoid Conspiracy

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

I should add that the runes on the top of the jars aren't actually in the dragon language, I don't believe. I think they're in Elder Futhark, an ancient Runic language.

2 potential apocalypses... apocalypsi? for the price of one game! What else could I possibly ask for? (Mudcrab Merchant. That's what.)

DLC, people, this is all foreshadowing.
in fact, I believe spoiler tags may be appropriate.

Just read about half of the thread and man... this is deep.

But somehow I can't shake off the feeling that people are reading too much in this game..

And on the other side the following post seems kinda awesome if it would become a real quest:

So, TES6 is going to be set in times of apocalypse while being able to explore whole TES land that is being destroyed by demons?
Oh, wait, diablo already did that.

Dragon Shouts? what about Butterfly Shouts?

Clearly the work of the Monarch

It's in revenge of Dr Venture giving Bethesda the monarch butterfly health potion recipe. Clearly.

What have they been feeding that butterfly?

Just look at the bottom of the jar: polygonal poop!

When did Skyrim suddenly turn into Deus Ex ?

It's not the theory of what would happen that I am worried about- it's trying to make it all happen that scares me. You know how long it would take to collect all those butterflies and get them all placed according to the rightful locations? Jeez, that would take days in real life. Even with fast travel.

You might as well print out the location guide and get a bunker of snacks.

I'm telling you, it's most likely just an easter egg...developers DO hide those in games from time to time. The jars might just be part of some grand super easter egg, but I highly doubt that even if there is some kind of arcane eldrich ritual surrounding them that it'll bring about an apocalypse. According to TES lore, Alduin IS the apocalypse. Was the World Eater destroyed or merely delayed? Just saying that if this ritual is supposed to bring about some kind of massive cataclysm, then Alduin's title of World Eater, he who is to bring about the end of days, wouldn't be accurate.

Though if these bugs are indeed a foreshadow to DLC, I personally hope it re-opens the gate to the Shivering Isles...that place was awesome. That, or I hope the DLC involves venturing into another Daedric Prince's realm. Barring that, it had better be focusing against the Thalmor because there's nothing I love better than to put on my Jester's gear, infiltrate one of their outposts, and not leave until every throat there-in has been slit. The only people I hate more than the Foresworn are the Thalmor. :P

Caramel Frappe:
It's not the theory of what would happen that I am worried about- it's trying to make it all happen that scares me. You know how long it would take to collect all those butterflies and get them all placed according to the rightful locations? Jeez, that would take days in real life. Even with fast travel.

You might as well print out the location guide and get a bunker of snacks.

Don't worry, if Bethesda ever do make a DLC from all this, it will most likely be much simpler than everyone's making it out to be. Probably just collect each of the bug jars, place each of them at an altar or something at each city, then fight a dragon in each or some big guy at the end. As deep and complex this rabbit hole goes, and how friggin' mindblowing it's all turning out to be, I highly doubt Bethesda (or indeed, any developer) has enough faith in their players to be smart enough to do any of this...

Behazard:
Just read about half of the thread and man... this is deep.

But somehow I can't shake off the feeling that people are reading too much in this game..

And on the other side the following post seems kinda awesome if it would become a real quest:

:P Tried doing as the spoiler suggested and no dragon attacked, so I'd chalk that one up to coincidence.

If these guys don't stop soon, they're gonna take some serious SAN damage, and then the shoggoths are going to come...

Funny, I found one of these and took it to my home to use it as decoration. I had no idea that it's one of the bugs of the apocalypse.
Wouldn't it be awesome if Bethesda used one of these theories in an upcoming DLC?

If this leads to a insect appocalypse DLC, that would be kinda awesome.

Shameless:

What do you mean? Does Deus Ex has a conspiracy theory about insects or something?

natster43:
If this leads to a insect appocalypse DLC, that would be kinda awesome.

Shameless:

What do you mean? Does Deus Ex has a conspiracy theory about insects or something?

As far as I know, Deux Ex has conspiracies about EVERYTHING.

Beryl77:
Funny, I found one of these and took it to my home to use it as decoration. I had no idea that it's one of the bugs of the apocalypse.
Wouldn't it be awesome if Bethesda used one of these theories in an upcoming DLC?

It would be awesome, but from my experience most developers of games/tv shows/etc don't take ideas from the general public specifically for copywrite reasons. They don't wanna put something out there and then have some schmuck start running around saying "HEY! THAT WAS MY IDEA! GIMME MONEY!" I had an idea for a special set in Magic the Gathering, but it clearly states they don't take any suggestions from the general public that hasn't been submitted through someone's personal agent with all the right paperwork. So too do many TV shows say that they almost legally can't take any ideas from fan-fic that might be writen about the show.

I still say it's likely either part of a massive easter egg that no one has figured out yet or that they are part of a gathering quest that never made it to the final product. Or the jars could simply be a secret hidden message from the developers for those nerdy enough to translate the runes, which would go in with the easter egg scenario.

Entirely plausible that Bethesda took the same route as Obsidian did with New Vegas, putting clues to future expansions into the vanilla game.

That, or some developer(s) have put quite a bit of work into creating a very complicated (and entirely unmarked) quest, waiting to see who can figure it out.

This is why I still have hope for the gaming industry.

Did anyone else notice how for each TES game there's an Elder Scroll prophecy? And that they're all related? And that this one is also the last one? It says Akatosh is bringing the end of the world (not Alduin), but because you stop Alduin from doing it, I'd assume Akatosh (God of Time) goes all Final Destination on Nirn because things aren't going according to plan. So Yeah TES is doomed.

Dammit. I found all of them, but left them there because I thought they weren't important! *sigh* Oh well, time to back track.

Angrywyvern:
If these guys don't stop soon, they're gonna take some serious SAN damage, and then the shoggoths are going to come...

Goddamnit! Failed my SAN check, you dick!

soldier9501:
Entirely plausible that Bethesda took the same route as Obsidian did with New Vegas, putting clues to future expansions into the vanilla game.

Not just New Vegas. OP: Anchorage was a sim of Liberty Primes deployment, The Pitt had been alluded to by someone (can't remember, but possibly someone in Paradise Falls), and Mothership Zeta was based off of a well-known easter egg.

Somewhere in Bethesda Studios, there's a room full of rich business men and graphic artists laughing their assess off as they reading these types of threads.

20 years from now when we've all descended into madness trying to figure this out, they'll reveal it was all a joke, and they just though butterflies were pretty.

Owen Robertson:
Did anyone else notice how for each TES game there's an Elder Scroll prophecy? And that they're all related? And that this one is also the last one? It says Akatosh is bringing the end of the world (not Alduin), but because you stop Alduin from doing it, I'd assume Akatosh (God of Time) goes all Final Destination on Nirn because things aren't going according to plan. So Yeah TES is doomed.

I don't recall Akatosh being mentioned as a destroyer...though I do fully admit that already I don't remember all the details of the prophecy. I do know that Akatosh created the first Dragonborn to counter Alduin's reign of terror when the world of man was still young, and I do know that Alduin is the herald of the world's doom. But if I remember correctly the prophecy says that the dragonborn can still defeat Alduin to prevent the world's destruction. Just seems weird to me that Akatosh would bless mortals to become Dragonborn and thus have the potential to defeat Alduin, only to turn around and say "Congrats! You killed the World Eater! Now I'm gonna come down and kill you all. It's been fun!"

Annnnnd yeah, there's been an Elder Scroll prophecy in all the games....the series IS called The Elder Scrolls, after all. :P

Gotta say, though, I enjoyed getting the Elder Scroll in Oblivion the most. Pulling a heist in the imperial castle/tower? F*ckin' epic!

DustyDrB:
I have found a few of those. I thought it was just a decoration of sort. So the first Skyrim expansion will be the Butterfly Apocalypse. Screw dragons. Butterflies own these skies.

Butterflies are scary.

I wish I had as much free time on my hands as these conspiracy theorists, or maybe not, I might become like them

DustyDrB:
I have found a few of those. I thought it was just a decoration of sort. So the first Skyrim expansion will be the Butterfly Apocalypse. Screw dragons. Butterflies own these skies.

So an army of these?

Up your magic defense, practice your dodge rolls and all should be fine. ;P

Carnagath:

DustyDrB:

Butterflies are scary.

Damn ninja (see above post)...

Me thinks these jars will act as a preset for a DLC or expansion in which you locate these jars, find the meaning and then UNLEASH HELL!! MADE OF BUTTERFLIES!!

RAWR!!!!

RJ 17:
Annnnnd yeah, there's been an Elder Scroll prophecy in all the games....the series IS called The Elder Scrolls, after all. :P

But there are five of them and they are all related despite being transcribed from different scrolls at different times by different people and the last one has to do with the EotW. So what happens on Earth when all of Nostradomus's predictions have occurred? The same thing that happens on Nirn when all of the Elder Scrolls come to pass: DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The predictions make more sense after you've beaten the game(s).

:P First of all, Mostradomus' predictions are all made in vague poems (just like any psychic's predictions of the future) and thus are widely open to interpritation. People looking for meaning in something will usually find it whether it's actually there or not (see the South Park episode regarding banned books like Catcher in the Rye). Coincidentally, the same can be said about these bug conspiracies. People find bugs in jars, people notice that there's some kind of writing on these jars, and so inevitably people think it's some kind of massive plot device that no one has figured out yet, completely ignoring the fact that it could be just a bug in a jar with an easter egg message. Even Sigmond Freud said "Sometimes a banana is just a banana" and not a big symbol for a penis.

I just don't believe that Akatosh is going to bring about the doom of the world when he's saved the world from doom twice: Directly in Oblivion by transforming the emperor's bastard son into a giant dragon to fight Dagon, and indirectly in Skyrim simply by blessing mortals with the potential to be Dragonborn. Seems to me that Akatosh wants the realm of mortals to go on.

quick!! get a bunch of Fire or Psy types!!

please please let these be true it would make my desire to get skyrim right now enough to make me go get it <- dont hate i just havent finished oblivion yet

well after spending the last 6 hours or so cracking out on elder scrolls lore, while looking into this mystery, i really hope that this is a hidden message that points to an end of days DLC, because the thalmor are never dealt with in the game. even though alduin is "the world eater" i don't recall seeing him chewing on any mountains, he just eats souls, but the thalmor are trying to undo time and reality, destroying the world and making it not just that mankind never existed, but CAN'T ever exist. they are the real bad guys of the game and i want to stop them or help things along on my evil high-elf character.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here