Nintendo Unveils 11 Dates for Zelda Orchestra Tour

Nintendo Unveils 11 Dates for Zelda Orchestra Tour

Sometimes, playing the Song of Time on a ocarina just won't cut it.

Whether you love the Legend of Zelda games with all your heart or hate them with a firey passion, it's impossible to deny that the series has some of the most recognisable and iconic music in videogame history. You know it, I know it, and Nintendo knows, which is probably why the series' 25th birthday celebrations include a orchestral tour around North America, playing music from all of the games to date.

Nintendo has announced 11 dates so far, across the United States and Canada. The dates are as follows:

• Jan. 10th: Dallas, Texas
  • March 14th: Vancouver, British Columbia
  • March 26th: Seattle, Washington
  • March 28th: San Francisco, California
  • April 7th: Denver, Colorado
  • April 20th-21st: Phoenix, Arizona
  • May 12th: Atlanta, Georgia
  • May 31st: Montreal, Quebec
  • June 22nd: Austin, Texas
  • July 14th: Orlando, Florida
  • Sept. 29th: Toronto, Ontario
  • Unfortunately for folks in Dallas, the tickets for the January 10th show are sold out. Conversely, tickets for the Toronto show don't go on sale until March 31st, so you've got plenty of time to save the $50 - $150 the tickets cost. Full details, including how to buy tickets for your concert of choice, are available on the official website, and don't worry if you don't live in any of those cities, as Nintendo says that it will add more dates during the year. With a little luck the tour might even make it to Europe.

Source: CVG

Holy hell I did not expect them to come to AZ! I'm so there!

This is pretty damn cool, and I actually forgot all about that concert too.

And this means pratically fuck all to anyone outside of North America............disappointed, I really am.

Come to London, at least London please.

I'm really, really hoping they announce a New York metro area date. Granted, it won't be until at least October, but I've got time.

*Sigh*

I wish these kind of events come to Gulf Coast Mississippi.

wooty:
    And this means pratically fuck all to anyone outside of North America............disappointed, I really am.

Try living in Australia. =D I looked at this with stupid, stupid levels of optimism.

Logan Westbrook:

• March 26th: Seattle, Washington
  • wow, one of these things i could actually go to. that's kinda surprising.

It would be pretty cool if they came to Britain. I'm not a fan of the series but I do have the main theme on my mp3 player and I have some friends who would probably love it.

Come to Cincinnati! We have a big music school!

...that's all I got.

Bige1516:
    *Sigh*

Wow. I didn't expect to see someone else from here. But yeah, these things things rarely come to this area, sometimes the Coast Coliseum and New Olreans if we're lucky. I might try for Atlanta or Orlando.

Just bought a ticket for Seattle, hope it's a good show.

Man I wish these shows would come to Australia...

Hey look at that, I can potentially go to the Atlanta show! Kind of surprised they're not doing a show in DC but oh well...all I really need to do is save up a bit...I loved the CD that came with Skyward Sword and I know seeing it live will be infinitely better.

wooty:

This is actually known as the North American Tour of 2012. And they are also not coming anywhere remotely near me. So there is hope that they might come to other countries. after 2012.

No Chicago? they must be coming to Chicago, EVERYTHING comes through Chicago. If we get "Cats", or some other bullshit this year INSTEAD of this. I'm going to blow a gasket.

Hmmmm I could make it to the Montreal or Toronto Show, best keep those dates open in case.

Aww...they're going to San Fransisco, but no farther south in California? Dammit, and that's a Wednesday, can't even make a road trip from San Diego...

Do another europe-tour, damnit!

You missed Finland! I NEED to see this!

DarthSka:

Bige1516:
    *Sigh*

Wow. I didn't expect to see someone else from here. But yeah, these things things rarely come to this area, sometimes the Coast Coliseum and New Olreans if we're lucky. I might try for Atlanta or Orlando.

I know the feeling. I still holding on hope for Video Game Live to come over here, which is, more than likely, not going to happen.

wooty:

And Amsterdam!

They go to douchebagsville BC but not Calgary? Fucking damnit.
    Of course Quebec and Ontario get tour dates >=/
    Nothing good ever comes to Calgary >_>

wooty:

I fricking traveled across the pound (I'm Dutch) to attend the Zelda Orchestra at the HMV Apollo in London, last October. Why weren't you there, then? :p

Darn it, I don't think I can make it to Texas on the 10th.:<

Maybe I can make that Austin one.

PlasticTree:

wooty:

I fricking traveled across the pound (I'm Dutch) to attend the Zelda Orchestra at the HMV Apollo in London, last October. Why weren't you there, then? :p

I didnt know it was in London at that point.....I missed it?........now im even sadder :(

wooty:

I didnt know it was in London at that point.....I missed it?........now im even sadder :(

Yup, one of only three cities IN THE WORLD that were so lucky. ;)

(And. It. Was. Awesome. You should totally have been there. :D)

i know eh man, everyones just got a hate one for alberta, no bands rarely come here, and non of the good orchestral stuff either

They're coming to Toronto? I thought they pretty much stayed state-side. Colour me excited.

PlasticTree:

wooty:

Wait what? Damn. Why didn't I know? Goddammit habit of lack of keeping up with news.

I, like the Dutch fellow up there, attended the anniversarial concert at the HMV Apollo in London, and simply cannot recommend it enough. Spectacular concert, that gave me memories I'll treasure forever.

I'm so glad the concert is coming to Vancouver. When I got the e-mail in my inbox I immediately scanned Nintendo's Twitter for the coupon code and then bought tickets for the Vancouver show.

FYI, the coupon code is HOOKSHOT.

ResonanceSD:

wooty:

Try living in Australia. =D I looked at this with stupid, stupid levels of optimism.

I prefer the term "truck loads"

And, again, Missouri is left to rot.

Why can't St. Louis have nice things? :<

So I have a question. You know the soundtrack that comes with Skyward Sword? Is it a soundtrack of this concert? Or is it something else completely?
    Honestly, I haven't listened to that soundtrack and I'm not sure why. I'm just ashamed of myself now...

Hey! It looks like they're finally coming over to a location near me! Oh, snap! Now, I only need t--

"Unfortunately for folks in Dallas, the tickets for the January 10th show are sold out."

Okay [insert supreme being], I don't ask for much, you know, apart from total world domination, but please for the love of Skyrim, have this come to Pittsburgh, Cleveland or Buffalo!

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
    With Facebook:Login With Facebook
    or
    Username:  
    Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
    Register With Facebook
    Register With Facebook
    or
    Register for a free account here