Blizzard Still Changing "Core Systems" in Diablo 3

Pages PREV 1 2 3

So it will be released... wait, let me guess: WHEN IT'S DONE!? Right? RIGHT? Oh God, it's not even funny anymore.

I'm wondering if anyone should really be surprised at this.

I mean, I expected this as soon as I heard they picked a possible release date in early February. Diablo III has a track record of delays. It's part of the very character of the game.

It won't be getting released in February, I'll bet anything on that. I've learned to wait. I haven't followed the game on a close level since 2007. When it gets here, it gets here. And it'll be moderately fantastic.

... However it does break my heart that identification scrolls have been kicked out. That's been a core characteristic of both of the other games! They can't just decide that we're suddenly able to figure out our own gear, we need a white scroll with a red ribbon to tell us these things! They had better come to their senses soon...

Darkmantle:

theultimateend:

Darkmantle:
Why not just immediately tell us what the item is if you are not going to have any cost to identify. It just wastes my fucking time.

Time >is< Money.

So it does have a cost.

yeah, as in, it's a WASTE of my FUCKING Time. unnecessary bullshit, they should just remoe it all together if they are going to do that.

They already explained it in the article. The small rush you get just before finding out what the item is adds to the elements that keep the game from getting monotone. It's a deliberate design decision with a whopping good reason.

Andy Chalk:
The more I hear about Diablo 3, the less interested I become. I was pretty much out of it anyway because of the "always online" nonsense, but the way it's being "streamlined" smacks of... well, not a game I'm particularly interested in. There is such a thing as too much convenience.

When I read the blurb, I was hopeful of them adding a Pause feature to the game. The more I read, the less I like this game too.

Hammeroj:
The inventory is getting streamlined?

This smacks of incompetence. Incompetence or bullshit. I don't have any other words for these people anymore. Just look at the tooltip for Town Portal. What are they developing this for, babies? Your grandparents?

4 years after the announcement - announcement - this bunch of goofs hasn't decided on the core gameplay mechanics.

Every change here is for the worse. Now we get to access even less skills on the fly, cool. And what's with the stupid way they chose to handle item identification? Stand around for presumably 2-3 seconds to identify each item? Reeks of tedium, just remove the bloody feature if you're that intent on making it simple.

Hi, I come from the year 2012, where games are polished to enhance the players control and streamline commands.

Sorry bout that but you seem to be stuck in a pre-2000 gaming mentality, which might explain why you like Diablo in the first place(same goes for the rest of you). I cant believe people would rather go back to the days when game control was overly complex and games didnt try and help you at all. Lets see stand around for 2-3 seconds or wait get a special scroll and use it just for it to tell you its worthless. Which is more tedious?

I will agree with you about one thing, 4 bloody years and they haven't built the core game yet? THAT reeks of incompetance. I mean really Blizzard cant honestly say they dont have the people or money to finish this quickly. 4 years...are they trying to break L.A. Noire's record for years spent waiting for a disappointing game?(I like Noire but im in the minority) Actually I think I know what it is, you ready?

BLIZZARD DOESNT GIVE A CRAP! Not about you, or any of their consumers. They are sitting on Scrooge McDuck style money vaults swimming in cash, smoking cigars, laughing their sick asses off as people keep waiting and waiting and are inevitably disappointed.

Primus1985:
Hi, I come from the year 2012, where games are polished to enhance the players control and streamline commands.

Sorry bout that but you seem to be stuck in a pre-2000 gaming mentality, which might explain why you like Diablo in the first place(same goes for the rest of you). I cant believe people would rather go back to the days when game control was overly complex and games didnt try and help you at all. Lets see stand around for 2-3 seconds or wait get a special scroll and use it just for it to tell you its worthless. Which is more tedious?

I will agree with you about one thing, 4 bloody years and they haven't built the core game yet? THAT reeks of incompetance. I mean really Blizzard cant honestly say they dont have the people or money to finish this quickly. 4 years...are they trying to break L.A. Noire's record for years spent waiting for a disappointing game?(I like Noire but im in the minority) Actually I think I know what it is, you ready?

BLIZZARD DOESNT GIVE A CRAP! Not about you, or any of their consumers. They are sitting on Scrooge McDuck style money vaults swimming in cash, smoking cigars, laughing their sick asses off as people keep waiting and waiting and are inevitably disappointed.

Okay. Hello.

Neither is more tedious. Which is why I said I'd rather they remove the feature altogether (or do something like the item not showing its properties before you loot it). At least scrolls of identification had some sort of a logical reason for their existence. This doesn't. Also, don't tell me I have a pre-2000 mentality when these people are talking about streamlining an inventory system where there's nothing to bloody streamline already. Name one thing that's hard to understand or complicated.

That's no news. But, frankly, they don't give a crap because they have blind fanboys defending them at every-fucking-turn. As long as they get praised for what amounts to no damn reason, they won't have to even start thinking about giving a shit. Now, if the general opinion on Blizzard was, say, "Meh", where it should be at best at this point, they'd change their tunes. Bottom line, I'm not talking to Blizzard here, because I'm not delusional, I'm talking to the people.

Pages PREV 1 2 3

Reply to Thread

Your account does not have posting rights. If you feel this is in error, please contact an administrator. (ID# 64770)