Gamer Dies In LAN Cafe, No One Notices

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5

Britisheagle:
Must admit though that the original post is very well written and does highlight how serious some people take gaming.

Surely you must be joking. Surely. The OP compared a man quietly passing away in a LAN environment (probably low-light) where long sessions are common to a fire or a car crashing through a wall.

If nonsensical hyperbole like that is quality writing, most YouTube commenters deserve Pulitzers.

evilneko:

Ziadaine:
Bloody hell O_O

I guess...

It was a match to die for.

Nah. As any LOL player will tell you, he must've been waiting for a match. >.>

Joke killer.

Is it just me or does something smell rong in here?

... god i'm a terrible person. Actually this is why i like having kids. because no matter how immersed i am i have tiny people bothering me because they are thirsty tired or hit the wrong button on the remote and need me to fix it.

You think THIS heralds the fall of mankind? Go watch the news tonight. I can understand just thinking that a gamer is in the zone. How many waitresses honestly pay attention to the game activity in LAN cafes? Especially since he died in gaming position.

Condolences to his friends and family.

I feel SO bad for laughing out loud when I read this...
but there is some bitter irony with the fact that "He was rigid on a chair with his hands stretched out towards the keyboard and mouse" like just about everyone else in the room was probably (except AFK)

Mr Chen's body had apparently been sitting there for up to nine hours without any of the 30 other people in the cafe noticing.

He was last seen by a waitress talking on the phone around noon on Wednesday.

Isn't it obvious? Chen was invisible! That's why nobody saw that he was dead!

slackbheep:
It's not uncommon for folk to sleep at some of these cafes, silly submitter. That said, nine hours is quite a long time for no one to notice the "sleeping dude" isn't breathing.

Thats what I was thinking.
If I was there and saw him collapse, I'd probably say "he must be tired" and occasionally glance at him once in a while thinking "holy shit he really was tired". You also don't think that someone will simply die in a LAN center.
It'd be like going to a bar and seeing someone passed out on the table. Except at LAN centers, they don't have people regularly checking on you.

Sentox6:

Britisheagle:
Must admit though that the original post is very well written and does highlight how serious some people take gaming.

Surely you must be joking. Surely. The OP compared a man quietly passing away in a LAN environment (probably low-light) where long sessions are common to a fire or a car crashing through a wall.

If nonsensical hyperbole like that is quality writing, most YouTube commenters deserve Pulitzers.

Thank you, I thought I had to read 5 entire pages before someone pointed that out.

Spatial awareness? Seriously? Ignoring the fact that death looks a lot like something else you'd see in the situation of a long gaming binge? Something which is called SLEEPING?

Oh man, if I could only speak my mind without getting banned.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here