Twisted Metal Delayed and Censored for Europe

Pages PREV 1 2

Jegsimmons:
god bless America mother fuckers. Where we can say fuck on tv and sale magazines with titties.

and video games are raunchy like a son of a bitch.

We can't say fuck on TV unless it's showtime or HBO.

ShadyNinja:
Personally I think only

UK, Germany and Australia will get censored version.
The rest of Europe doesn't have as much stupid censorship.

Uh... yeah. Our ratings board isn't in the same league as Germany's and Australia's.

They banned Manhunt 2, but that was then overturned (and as far as I'm aware nothing was censored.)

Australia treats adults like children and Germany fights the rise of fascism by culling anything even mentioning it.

Father Time:

Jegsimmons:
god bless America mother fuckers. Where we can say fuck on tv and sale magazines with titties.

We can't say fuck on TV unless it's showtime or HBO.

already explained this, court rulings have said you cant censor tv, how ever, advertisers and the companies do call the shots on whether its censored or not. AND, you can say it without censors after a certain time back when the FCC DID regulate it.

In related news, the PS3 is not region-locked.
That is all.

Jegsimmons:

Unless you want to make Muslims seem like normal people, that's totally out of the question in America XD

weker:

Jegsimmons:

Unless you want to make Muslims seem like normal people, that's totally out of the question in America XD

.....lame......just a lame joke honestly. because its tv, nobody is portrayed as normal.

now if it was jersey people....maby.

solidsnake101023:
Does this mean it will be censored in Australia as well I hope not D:

Well, Twisted Metal: Black was. We didn't get any of the story cutscenes at all, then.

Jegsimmons:

.....lame......just a lame joke honestly. because its tv, nobody is portrayed as normal.

That wasn't a joke, I was just pointing out some very mild irony. As freedom to do what you want goes, america is fairly piss poor.

Heaven forbid we might see make believe violence on a computer game, that would just push us all to be murderers, theres science to prove it and everything.

chalk this one upto overzelous censorship trying to make sure we dont see anything that the daily mail could whinge over.

weker:

Jegsimmons:

That wasn't a joke, I was just pointing out some very mild irony. As freedom to do what you want goes, america is fairly piss poor.

watch an episode of south park, that would prove it wrong.

Jegsimmons:

I have watched basically all of them, and if anything they reinforce my point...

weker:

Jegsimmons:

I have watched basically all of them, and if anything they reinforce my point...

so both the Afghanistan and 24 parody episodes which showed mid eastern as rational for the most part told you nothing?

Kakulukia:
That is all.

I don't live in Europe but is it possible to order the American version off of Amazon and get it delivered to Europe?

Father Time:

Kakulukia:
That is all.

I don't live in Europe but is it possible to order the American version off of Amazon and get it delivered to Europe?

I don't see why not I order games from japan amazon sellers all the time you just need to do some digging, or get to know a few friends online like me that live in the states that will be willing to buy/ship you copy. You gotta set-up connections bro, all gamers do

Father Time:

Kakulukia:
That is all.

Amazon I don't know, eBay definitely.

solidsnake101023:

Is this sarcastic? Because come on, Australia removed ragdolls from L4D because they were too horrifying.

On a side note this game looks pretty shit, I won't miss whatevers been cut from it.

El Dwarfio:

solidsnake101023:

Is this sarcastic? Because come on, Australia removed ragdolls from L4D because they were too horrifying.

On a side note this game looks pretty shit, I won't miss whatevers been cut from it.

It's pretty fun once you get past the controls being confusing (although the AI in the demo is kind of hard)

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here