Here's The Official Amazing Spider-Man Trailer

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Here's The Official Amazing Spider-Man Trailer

Sony's finally released the first (real) trailer for The Amazing Spider-Man, and fans will definitely enjoy the fact that it features a lot more Spidey.

This summer's going to be a big one for comic book movies. We've got The Avengers in May, with both The Dark Knight Rises and The Amazing Spider-Man hitting theaters in July. With these release dates fast approaching, we're starting to get some new trailers to raise our interest. The Dark Knight Rises got one in December, The Avengers' Super Bowl spot has been setting the internet ablaze with chatter this week, and now we have an official video for The Amazing Spider-Man.

The trailer's got a lot going on. It shows Peter's burgeoning relationship with Gwen Stacy, his early heroics against petty criminals, the police going after him for being a costumed vigilante, and how his work with Dr. Curt Conners winds up creating The Lizard. There's still a little footage of Peter being a mopey outcast, but it looks like this has been played down in lieu showing off a character that comic fans can get behind. Additionally, it looks like Spidey's web-shooter are being made mechanical again, though the earlier footage of him spinning webs from the back of his neck has yet to be explained.

Also of note: The first-person sequence that appeared in the teaser trailer is nowhere to be seen. Honestly, this is a much stronger showing for the movie than the teaser was, since it showcases Spidey in action, making wisecracks, and being super nerdy as Peter Parker (just look at all those equations he writes on the chalk board! He's making science!).

The Amazing Spider-Man is due out on July 3rd, 2012.

Source: Topless Robot

I still want it to tank, so Marvel Studios can get the rights to the character back, and maybe put him in an Avengers 2.

That actually looks pretty good... damn. I kinda wanted to hate this.

I still maintain that mechanical webslingers aren't as good though.

Little confused here...

vansau:
with Dr. Curt Conners winds up creating The Lizard.

Now, he's referred to as Dr. Curt Connors or Dr. Curtis Connors...sometimes in the same explanation, (see Wiki) so I'm wondering is this one of those names that works in any way?

(Doh, and then I spot Curt is his nickname - forget I spoke ;) )

Oh Crap. It actually looks really good.

If Spideys ratio of wisecracks to overall dialouge is at least 1:10, ill call it a smashing success simply because they at least got the character right this time.

Then ill factor in the rest of the movie, if it does tank Marvel Studios gets thier liscense back then we probably get a great movie from them anyway.

TheRightToArmBears:
I still maintain that mechanical webslingers aren't as good though.

I second that, but the comic purists wouldnt agree with you as readily. Mostly due to Peter mixing stuff into his web fluid to achieve different effects with the webs.

Also, that said, i bet at some point he will run out of web. Its just something thats doomed to happen.

As long it's:

*Punch*

Crack a joke

*Punch*

Crack a joke

*Punch*

Crack a joke.

Spidey almost rivals Deadpool for being a smartarse.

Before I watched the trailer I was merely aware that this movie was happening, I'd forgotton most of the last trailer (the one with his parents) and there was a chance I'd see it but I didn't spend too much time thinking about it (especially since we have a Batman and an Avengers movie to look forward to). However this trailer has me rather excited to see the movie and I am definitely going to see this. If the person who made the first Green Lantern movie trailer this is how its done.

I don't know really...
There's something odd about the costumes (in addition to this new shiny spider-costume) and the light setting. Doesn't feel finished or polished, but that might be because it's still early.
Just hoping they'll fix it up for the final release, or as Soviet Heavy hoped for, taht it just tanks and Marvel get their rights back.
Actually, now that Marvels in the right path with their new movies, I was hoping they could get all their movie licenses back, so they can bring in more goodies for Avengers 2 and any future movies that include different characters from the same universe.

Let it be known that I was a fan of the eventual movie before the bandwagon guys.

Daystar Clarion:
As long it's:

*Punch*

Crack a joke

*Punch*

Crack a joke

*Punch*

Crack a joke.

True...but in terms of being an annoying cunt, Spideys miles ahead of anyone...I reeeaaaallly don't like him.

But it does look like it'll be an interesting watch

Color me unimpressed. I'm not a big fan of reboots in general, but this one leaves me colder than most.

I want my Sam Raimi Spiderman movies back!

The next one could've had John Malkovich! And Bruce Campbell would've had a real part! It was gonna be so awesome!

I DON'T WANT A REBOOT THIS ISN'T FAIR ooh, was that Rhys Ifans?

...No! No amount of Rhys Ifans will stop my complaining! This sucks!

*goes off to sulk in the corner*

Is Martin Sheen playing Uncle Ben?

Better. At least they're downplaying the "brooding angst-man" aspect a bit.

I'll still wait for reviews to come back on this one, though.

I'm glad they went in a different direction with this one. I see they kept it a lot closer to the comic this time around. And they are delving more into the mysterious past of the Parkers. Good deal. I hope this one has the same emotional impact the last movies did. I am actually looking forward to this one. Though rebooting a successful franchise 10 years after the last one started... I'm not a fan of that.

vansau:

Also of note: The first-person sequence that appeared in the teaser trailer is nowhere to be seen.

Not really. I work at a cinema and have seen that trailer dozens of times. The part at 2:11 where it shows his reflection is from the end of that sequence.

This looks quite good, and I'll probably go to see this.

kman123:
Let it be known that I was a fan of the eventual movie before the bandwagon guys.

Dude me too:O I feel like a hipster. Anyways trailer looks pretty badass.

Muuuuch better than the last trailer I saw for this thing. Turns out Garfield's voice isn't actually that annoying if you just don't have to look at his face.

Also I like to think of Dennis Leary saying that Garfield IS a unit-tard. Sorry. I probably meant to type "unitard".

It looks good but then the first Green Lantern trailer looked good.

But they are releasing this in the same month as The Drak Knight Rises. Really? They are going to get killed in the Box Office and seeing as that is all most movie makers give a crap about these days I would have throught that they would wait a month.

Gizmo1990:

But they are releasing this in the same month as The Drak Knight Rises. Really? They are going to get killed in the Box Office and seeing as that is all most movie makers give a crap about these days I would have throught that they would wait a month.

No, it didn't. Even Warner Bros. admitted the trailer didn't look good.

The Dark Knight Rises is coming out two weeks after Spider-Man, which should be enough to give the movie a solid box office run before it's quashed by Batman.

Great. Now I need to change my pants. *sigh*

I am soooooo stoked for this superhero summer!

I'm really looking forward to this, mainly because I never liked the Raimi films. Just their portrayal of Parker was...off. I want a funny Spider-Man,not a boring one.

vansau:

Gizmo1990:

No, it didn't. Even Warner Bros. admitted the trailer didn't look good.

The Dark Knight Rises is coming out two weeks after Spider-Man, which should be enough to give the movie a solid box office run before it's quashed by Batman.

I was talking about the first trailer. When the effects were still unfinished, at least in my opinion, it looked like it had Potential. The finished, official trailer looked like liquid Kangaroo shit.

Edit: my bad to vansau I put my keyboard down to awnser the phone and my dog walked on the enter key before I had finished my post.

Not as big a douche as I thought he was gunna be, but he sounded uncomfortably close to Shia LaBeouf in the back of the car. Damnit!

Alright, alright, I'll admit it. So far this isn't looking bad at all. I'm still a little disgusted at the principals that led to this movies' conception, but this looks like it's adapting a bit more from the comics then Raimi's movies did. I'm especially glad to see Spidey wisecracking, that was by far and away the biggest thing I missed in the other movies.

I'm still not really feeling the Peter Parker portions, though. They just feel darker and angstier then they need to be. I guess there needs to be SOME angst, this is Peter Parker after all, but from what we've seen it just feels excessive.

Im sorry, what the fuck is the point of rebooting something that only finished like less than 5 years ago? Reboot something that we don't all remember vividly.

I'll probably end up liking it, but I still hate what this movie stands for, ie. the series that never needed to be rebooted, especially so soon after a perfectly good trilogy, purely for the sake of money.

With that in mind... MORE SPIDEY! I just hope Garfield isn't an annoying dick.

I really dislike Spiderman but this trailer actually looked kinda good. I'll probably check this out through netflix when it comes out on dvd though, I'd rather not pay to watch this in a theater.

Jorec:
Is Martin Sheen playing Uncle Ben?

Correct.

It's going to be hard not to think of the illusive man while watching this. I'll be half expecting him to turn against Peter 'for the sake of humanity' XD

Daystar Clarion:
As long it's:

*Punch*

Crack a joke

*Punch*

Crack a joke

*Punch*

Crack a joke.

Which is why I love him :D

But yeah, yessss! want want want. Finally, a dark spiderman movie that doesn't have the immature levity that was in the original trilogy

I'm suddenly realizing why Raimi scaled back Spidey's smartass behavior: because it makes him sound like a DICK. The reason Deadpool could get away with it without looking like a douche is because his stories are COMEDIES

I didn't know Leary was going to be in this. Or playing someone pivotal.

gigastar:
Also, that said, i bet at some point he will run out of web. Its just something thats doomed to happen.

He didn't even need webshooters to have trouble in the second Spider-Man.

Why do I keep reading people say that this is close to the books, that is bullshit. Let's list off a couple of things:

First, Stacey appears to be an aggressive dipshit and is hounding Spider-Man. He supported Spider-Man in the comics and stood up for him, not to mention he doesn't look old enough, the character is meant to have grey hair.

Secondly, that's not the fucking lizard, you can see the lizard clearly if you pause the video and it confirms the following picture of him:

This is the fucking lizard:

Flash Thompson: OK, this one is nitpicky and minor, but is it that hard to find a big, built blonde guy? Is it that fucking hard?

This costume is balls. The first movie got the costume right, the points for getting the costume right were taken away however because Tobey Maguire and Kirsten Dunst were fucking TERRIBLE actors who looked faaaaaaar too old for the roles.

This is a full body shot of the new suit:

Aside from the design looking like shit, what in the fuck is it made of? It looks like he stitched a bunch of basketballs together, ran through a sharpie factory and glued the soles of a fucking shoe to his feet.

What was wrong with this design? It was spot on and you were applauded for sticking to the right fucking suit, how do you fuck this up? It would have been cheaper to use the old one!

NEXT ON THE LIST: People are raving about "Oh it's Gwen Stacey, yeah, like in the comics!". This film is clearly set in highschool, he didn't meet Gwen Stacey until college and even then Mary Jane was in the comics BEFORE Gwen was, this was because Their aunts were friends and trying to pair them up. Now, in the HIGHLY unlikely event that this is set in college then they've gotten Flash wrong because they learned to become friends in college and Thompson became far less of a thug in those times to facilitate their merged social group. During High School he dated Betty Brant.

THE LIZARD AGAIN: The lizard isn't from fucking New York! He and his family lived in FLORIDA and in the beginning most of their encounters happened IN FLORIDA. His family didn't move to New York until far, far, faaaaar later.

The Parents; Aside from the fact that his parents and their lives and almost universally reviled in the comics and the fact that it's a fucking TERRIBLE idea: They had NOTHING to do with mother fucking OSCORP! They also never left behind a mysterious box of bullshit. They were agents that worked as agents of the CIA and SHIELD (something they can't do because Marvel is using the rights to SHIELD in their Movies) and were killing in action by the Red Skull and the communists (once against, people hated the entire thing), this plotline could never be done right because the rights to the Red Skull belong to Marvel (Much like how since Fox has the rights to Fantastic Four they also own the rights to use the Skrulls).

There's also no Jameson; he was there from #1! He's one of the main reasons people hate and fear peter! He is fucking crucial to the plot!

I found all those problems from watching that trailer ONCE. Fuck knows what else they got wrong, I could go back and watch is again, but my god I don't want to.

If I meet someone in real life who says that this shit is loyal to the comics I swear to god I will kick them in the nuts.

i'm feeling much better about it now.
but there's just something that still seems off... peter parker (judging only from the trailer of course) just doesn't seem to have that inferiority/guilt complex that's central to his character. and it just looks too... dark.
the first spiderman movie was good becuase amongst the serious and heart pumping battles, there was a lot of swinging around and punching up bad guys that you could just watch and enjoy. it was fun, as well as dark sometimes. this just looks dark. dark, and um.... dark....

Looks pretty good. Though I'm still not sold on the actor.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here