Try our "Heroes and Heroines" Valentine's Day Quizzes!

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Try our "Heroes and Heroines" Valentine's Day Quizzes!

How many of these gaming heroes and heroines can you identify?

Ahh, Valentine's Day. That one special time of the year where people the world round celebrate love and romance with lots of flowers and chocolate (or co-op games, if you're anything like me).

For this year's heart-filled occasion, we here at the Escapist have put together not one, but two quizzes on some of the ruggedly handsome and beautiful heroes and heroines in gaming. How many of these classic characters can you identify?

Take the "Heroines" quiz!

OR

Take the "Heroes" quiz!

You'll have as long as you like to take either quiz, and can retake it until you get 100%. Just remember your cumulative time will affect your position on the leaderboard.

I think this is the only time I'll ever be first on the leaderboard for a quiz.

edit - huh, first to comment too. Is this the forum equivalent of a double strike?

Woo, first out of 16 entries apparently on the Heroes one. Somehow I don't see that lasting long at all but damnit, I'll take it.

Oh yeah, 100% on both. I'm awesome.

Sneaky bastards almost got me with the Longest Journey one.

I feel like the heroes quiz had less obscure characters than the heroines quiz.

The Escapist probably could've done a more interesting romance quiz for the holiday with questions from Catherine or Mass Effect (e.g. "What alien STIs are mentioned in the world of Cmdr. Shepard?").

80% on heroines
60% on heroes
not bad also could any tell me the game where this question is from?
"This protagonist has the power to shift between the sci-fi world of Stark and the fantasy world of Arcadia"
it sounds really cool.
nvm found it it,s from "Longest Journey"

henritje:
80% on heroines
60% on heroes
not bad also could any tell me the game where this question is from?
"This protagonist has the power to shift between the sci-fi world of Stark and the fantasy world of Arcadia"
it sounds really cool.

April Ryan, The Longest Journey. Never played it, but I did play the second game at some point.

90% on heroines and 100% on heroes. Not bad if I do say so myself.

I scored 60%, with 6 of 10 correct on The Escapist's The Gaming Heroines Valentine's Day Quiz!.
Take this quiz

I scored 70%, with 7 of 10 correct on The Escapist's The Gaming Heroes Valentine's Day Quiz!.
Take this quiz

I got one more right in the heroes quiz over the heroines quiz? Does that by any chance make me more aware of males in ganes then females? (Haha I kid you guys. I kid! ... Hey, I kid stop that. Seriously.) This was a fun quiz though. Also, The Darkness question I knew right away because of the way the question was asked.

The question just clicked with me and I knew the answer right away.
Who here had also the question click with them about the Batman question? lol

80% on Heroines
100% on Heroes

I actually thought I got 90% on heroines. I wish they showed you results, but that would remove the ability to retake because you'd know the answers. Still, I'd like to know what I got wrong.

I might be showing myself up as a bit of a nerd here but in the heroes quiz arn't both Batman and Green Arrow billionaires who lead a double life as vigilantes?
Maybe I'm thinking of the wrong continuity or something.

WHOO! 7th place for the heroes one! :D

If I had been a bit quicker on the draw, I would have scored higher, though...

Well that was neat, having 2 quizes at once.
Tho i got 60% on heroines, and 100% on Heroes. Well isn`t that great.
But actually, i don`t remember the last time i got 100% on my first try. So Im quite glad that happened.

Jackhorse:
I might be showing myself up as a bit of a nerd here but in the heroes quiz arn't both Batman and Green Arrow billionaires who lead a double life as vigilantes?

Maybe they toned down Green Arrow's piles of cash with the DC comics reset.

Double 100's, not too bad. Although, the billionaire superhero with a double life--aren't two answers technically true? Or was Green Arrow only a millionaire?

Jackhorse:

Well, at least I'm not the only one, then.

This proganist has a Ph. D. in Theoretical Physics and a crowbar.

I'm not sure what a "proganist" is, but I don't think it's applicable to any of the names on that list.

i got 50% on Heroines and 60% on Heroes...i need to play more games

Damn
70% on heroines

But 100% on heroes.

ryukage_sama:
I feel like the heroes quiz had less obscure characters than the heroines quiz.

I feel that way too. Eh, it's probably because there are waaaaay fewer games that feature female protagonists than male ones, at least popular mainstream games.

How dare you say Bender isn't a hero?? Or did I click the wrong one?

Jackhorse:

I was thinking that as well, but I think it depends a lot on which version of Green Arrow, as there's been a few.

So. 80% for heroes. And 40% for heroines. I clearly need to play more games...

This is just embarrassing.

Jackhorse:

No, I did wonder about that. But the question asked for secret identity and I'm pretty sure Green Arrow's secret identity has been outed dozens of times and its really really obvious who he is anyway (that moustache/beard combo is great for rockin' the Robin Hood theme, not so good for trying to lead a double-life). So the logical conclusion is Batman

I'm 50:50... a, no: 60:60 in this!
So I like both genders!?

I got 100% on the heroes and 70% on heroines. I know nothing about women in video games, I'm a sexist pig, WHY DID NO ONE TELL ME!?!?!

100% on the heroes one and 80% on the heroines.
I'm quite pleased with myself, though the heroes one was waaaaaaaaay simpler than the heroines one.

I got 100% on both but have yet to receive either badge. :(

I got 100% on both heroes and heroines quizzes without cheating or resorting to childish name calling. Oh happy day!

Caramel Frappe:

The question just clicked with me and I knew the answer right away.
Who here had also the question click with them about the Batman question? lol

I got 90% on hero and 100% on heroine. Actually, I had to read the answers because Iron Man also fits the bill. Both pop into my head so I needed to rule one out.

Shjade:

I'm not sure what a "proganist" is, but I don't think it's applicable to any of the names on that list.

meh... typos happen. The only word needed in that sentence was crowbar :)

vxicepickxv:

Jackhorse:

Maybe they toned down Green Arrow's piles of cash with the DC comics reset.

No. He's still ridiculously rich. Oh wait. You mean the new relaunch of the 52 or whatever. Then it is possible he isn't rich. His fortune was destroyed at some point so he is no longer a billionaire but I'm not sure what got retconned. It wasn't a series I followed much. Either way the question is then ambiguous because the quiz creator made a boo boo or it accepted two answers or they hoped you didn't read any further than the first option in the multiple choice. Also, Iron Man popped into my mind when doing the quiz.

awwwww darn it. 80%, but for most of them, I knew the answer but I am so bad with names. I was sitting there thinking, "I can see you in my head, I know who you are, if you could just tell me your name..."
And I am sad about the Mobster-love thing one. My mouse lagged and I clicked Dante by accident. Noooo! I love Dante, I knew it wasn't him. Ah well.

9/10 for heroes, 8/10 for heroines. Honestly, I didn't think I'd do that well for heroines, considering I guessed about 3 or 4 of them I guessed. Why did all the answers have to come from games I've never played? =P

Zhukov:

Yeah, I got that one right but, couldn't it also have been the Zoe? Wasn't she a shifter too?

Sarali:

Zhukov:

Yeah, I got that one right but, couldn't it also have been the Zoe? Wasn't she a shifter too?

No, Zoe was being shifted.

April could, eventually, shift at will.

FoolKiller:

Shjade:

meh... typos happen. The only word needed in that sentence was crowbar :)

Actually, Barney Calhoun used a Crowbar in Blue Shift. So the Ph. D. was important too.

I scored 100%, with 10 of 10 correct on The Escapist's The Gaming Heroines Valentine's Day Quiz!.
Take this quiz

I scored 90%, with 9 of 10 correct on The Escapist's The Gaming Heroes Valentine's Day Quiz!.
Take this quiz

Everything went better than expected :)
Nice quizzes, finally got an acceptable result.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here