Fallout 3 And Oblivion Getting Double Pack

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Fallout 3 And Oblivion Getting Double Pack

Do you love sprawling first-person RPGs? If you do, then Bethesda has a bundle that you're going to want to check out.

Now that The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion and Fallout 3 are finishing out their retail life cycles, Bethesda is joining the two together as a brand new double pack. If you've been meaning to pick up both of these RPGs, but haven't yet, then you'll definitely want to check it out.

The pack is due out on April 3rd here in North America. According to Bethesda, the pack will be available for both Xbox 360 ($29.99) and PC ($19.99). According to Joystiq, the standard version of each game will be included in the pack, meaning you'll have to purchase DLC separately.

Meanwhile Pete Hines spoke to Joystiq and said Bethesda isn't allowed to release the pack for the PlayStation 3. "We will continue to work to try to change that, but at present it is still not approved. We would like to release a PS3 version [as] well."

Source: Bethesda via Joystiq

Who the hell has that kind of spare time?!

Wow I lost interest as soon as it said no DLC are included.

ehhh I dont think fallout 3 is worth getting if its not the GOTY version

and I dont think Oblivion is worth getting, period

hmmm was that a little cynical? Im starting to sound like an escapist user :/

No DLC? Ha...ha...no.

Also:
For the PS3 version they'd have to fix the games before re-releasing them.
TES4 and FO3 were both HORRIFIC to play on the PS3.

Akisa:
Wow I lost interest as soon as it said no DLC are included.

Well obviously it doesn't... Microsoft would have never approved the release if it came all wrapped up neatly with a nice little bow. Of course they're going to want it shipped without the DLC/Expansions so they can still cash in on people downloading them.

Hot damn! Still a good deal, especially if you grab the (cheaper) PC edition and mod the games up!

Not allowed to release? lol scraping the bottom of the excuses barrel I see. Unless sony is finally pressuring beth to release playable games in which case good, but a lil late. I already have both anyway so no interest here.

Well I Already got Fallout 3, But I've been meaning to try out Oblivion.
Wait why nothing for PS3?

Tanis:
TES4 and FO3 were both HORRIFIC to play on the PS3.

Well that explains it

Vault101:

Oh boy, we lost another one. I guess I'll just have to kick my bad jokes up a notch.

No DLC? No PS3 release? Nuts to that. I picked up both of the GOTY editions for under $15 each. Having to drop an extra $60 or so on the DLC does nothing but mean my purchases before are now validated.

Got GOTY versions of both games during a Steam sale.

Also I'm broke.

Games for Windows? Not interested...

This reminds me of when they lumped Oblivion together with Bioshock in a double pack, strangely enough.

pretty cool for somebody who just got into RPG,s but I don't need it I already own TES4/FO3 two times.

Vault101:

That's not at all cynical (except for the quip about the average escapist user). Go back to the dictionary!

kajinking:
Who the hell has that kind of spare time?!

Lmao, give this man a muffin.

This is certainly a much better deal than the BioShock/Oblivion double pack. I love BioShock, but overall, Fallout 3 is a much better deal than BioShock, I always thought that game is worth a rental, not a buy.

Even if both won't include any DLC (wich is a shame), they both can offer hundreds of hours each.

I already have them both, also having bought Oblivion 3 different times (1 retail PC, my disk broke, then I bought it again in Steam and 1 Xbox 360, I sold the system and all my games, Oblivion/Bioshock included).

No DLC and both very old games by now. Those who wanted them should have picked up the GOTY versions loooong ago.
Seems like a retarded idea if you ask me.

I'm so getting this. I loved Oblivion to pieces, even more than Skyrim....It's close though.

Fallout 3 was alright, felt huge but didn't have that feel as Oblivion.

So when it comes out, i'm so buying it.

You can get Oblivion and FO3 GOTY editions separately, cheaper than that nowadays. I got Oblivion GOTY for all of 8 and FO3 can be gotten for about 3p nowadays

Vault101:

Quick! It might not be too late! Log out and load up a game you love, but large numbers of other folk find awful... it might offer enough perspective to stall the descent.

OP: Eh... No DLC? Really? Considering how wildly different the two games are respective to each other, a person would be better off getting the GoTY version of the one that peaks their interest most. If you have a clear preference between the Mad Max films and the Lord of the Rings trilogy, then your choice should be easily made.

Also, HA! If you get this and pay for all the DLC for each game, you'll likely spend just as much as you would on the 2 GoTY versions. Heck, it would likely cost more.

i would only buy this if they updated Oblivions engine/models and controls etc up to the level of Fallout3/Skyrim (keep the interface mostly the same tho)

I am somwhat tempted to buy that seeing I got a new pc to run games on it. The lact of DLC is somewhat off putting althought that doesn't I shouldn't dimiss the games altogether without the DLC. I guess that will go to my list of which PC games to buy next.

No thank you.I haven't played Oblivion(bad expirience from Morowind),but I already own a GOTY ed of Fallout 3.

uhhhh didn't oblivion already have a double pack with Bioshock? and a GOTY edition? and a 5th anniversary edition? I think its beaten the Ninja Gaiden series for most retail releases.

What a stupid thing to release, don't Bethesda know everybody already has at least 16 and a half copies of each of those games.

But honestly, I would buy it if it was on PS3 and came with all the DLC which I can't get any other way. Well I don't really care about oblivion, I have enough Fantasy RPGs anyway, but I really want more Fallout, and New Vegas wasn't really as good as I'd hoped.

I'd only get it if all DLC came pre-installed. But then, that does raise the question of how many times I'd have to reincarnate myself to finish it...

Worthless without the DLC. I just recently gave away a vanilla version of Oblivion because it's has no value. You can't even buy the DLC for Oblivion separately anymore.

I have fallout 3 with 3/4 DLC packs
and I never liked Oblivion so I'm going to pass on this game bundle

Seriously, there are only two types of people in this world:

1) People who already own both of these games.

and

2) People who don't own them and never will because they know they won't like them.

So given that logic, who is this bundle aimed at? :P

Besides, you're better off getting both the GOTY editions used or from eBay. At least you'll have the full package with all DLC.

It would be cheaper to just buy the GOTY editons of both of them. Could get both of the GOTY's for less then €20 overall.

Thank you, for reminding me that (a) I still have way too many unfinished games in my collection, and (b) I really should do a better job of managing my finances.

Boy, they're really milking they cow with this one, aren't they?

Vault101:

One of us, One of us, One of us.

OT: This is pretty cool, I've been slowly getting my friend into gaming, now I can get this for her birthday and fully assimilate her.

It would be cheaper to buy both GOTY editions separately. This strikes me as a cash grab from Bethesda. I can forgive them for creating some of the greatest RPGS ever, but this still smells of exploitation.

And this is right here, the symptom of the reason why I hate Bethesda these days. This doesn't feel at all like a "lets give our fans a great deal for our best works" release. It's more like "these aren't selling like they used to, so let's just throw these out there and see who bites" cash-grab.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here